Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason Empty
PostSubject: the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason   the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Hj!Jezdamayel here. if any of you know me.. i like game guys. if you do not know me.. i like game guys XD.

My brother got The witcher 2 special ED for me for my birthday. ( there was just so much stuff in it he pressed buy before i told me... he was just amazed by the special edition)

anywahoo... i am filled with mixed feelings for a dumb reason. when they first announced the game i was so happy. SO VERY HAPPY that i went to their site and made an account just to tell them how happy i was because...Geralt was SOOOOOO attractive. he was still rugged like he should be but more... um better-er. I was then told at the time that was his old look.. ( WHAT NO WAI) and i was shown pictures of his new look.. i cried .(not really just pretend)it was.. well not better-er. I still wanted to play the game anyway.. it is The Witcher. i can not say no to it.

my problem is.. in all the videos and images for the game they show the attractive Geralt... and on the box it's self.. is the other one. WHAT ONE IS IT!!! I mean i can live with either.. i would spend more time just looking at him if it was the one i like more.. but i am just confused LOL.

there is my small game rant... if you read it thank you. if not thank you anyway. some people do not like the VA in games other because the graphics are just not up to par.. mine is a promise of a game guy for the ladies and have it changed.( not just this game any game)

will you be getting The Witcher 2? if so what one?

i feel better. farao
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason   the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:03 am

I'm looking forward to the Witcher 2. I didn't get the Witcher when it was released so I was able to appreciate the Enhanced Edition from the start. I couldn't believe that this game used the Aurora Engine. I loved the attention to details like costumes and architecture. It really feels and looks medieval and that is a great thing. The gritty and grim background was definitely a good thing as well.

As for the things that I didn't like that much. Well there was the whole mutant thing and all that talk of genetics. All that ruined immersion IMO.

Another thing was the voice acting. First it's rather silly that the character keeps saying the lines when you don't really care to hear them (you've read them already) and there is the American accent... Don't get me wrong American accents are great in certain context (Fallout for example) but in the Witcher it felt rather odd. I like what they did with accents in Dragon Age Origins (American accents for non humans and British accents for humans). Playing the Witcher it felt a lot like playing a Chuck Norris/Steven Segal character in some sort of medieval Europe. Weird.

I have it installed on my computer right now and I've also installed it in German and in Polish so I could brush up my rusty German or play Polish voices and treat the game like a movie with subtitles (and that last option is definitely cool).

There are some really cool mods for the Witcher and we should make a thread about these mods since that could be rather useful.

Regarding the Witcher 2 I don't have many expectations from what I have seen it is going to be a very good game. I must say that the Polish company that made the Witcher has gained my respect for the support that it has demonstrated for the first Witcher game. Making the extra content available for free for players who had bought the original game and patching the game like they did is something other companies should do. Sadly some companies won't even bother to fix all the bugs in a game before publishing a sequel...
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason   the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:23 am

I'm not sure which of the two new Geralt looks you're referring to, Jezdamayel, but I like the look of Geralt I've seen in video demos (the one in your signature). He looks like Gerard Butler to me (which is a good thing, IMO). He makes the Geralt in the first game look kind of mousy.

I'm looking forward to Witcher 2, and hope it will only improve upon the original. I had somewhat mixed feelings about the first game. I had a lot of technical problems with it, and I found the endlessly spawning enemies in certain areas to grow a bit tiresome after a while (especially those blasted Drowners).
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason   the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:00 pm

this is the one i am talking about
My sig is the old look. and the link below was the new look. and BOTH looks are used for the game ( one for screens and the other for the box art)

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/06/94/69488_TheWitcher2AssassinsOfKings-Art-07_normal.jpg

the only reason i know this is because i went to the witcher 2 site it's self and told them i was unhappy with the new look after i was told there that the look i like was the old look. LOL!

it does not matter much to me now a days... i want to play it anyway lets hope its not as bugged as the first yes> ( well i mean problems) if i get the uber ED for my birthday i can get the good looking ver of him as a bust so im happy.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason   the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the Witcher 2 mixed feelings of an odd reason
Page 1 of 1