Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

» Fallout: New California/Project Brazil
by Carabas Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

» XCOM 2 First Impressions
by Carabas Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:34 pm

» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is kaay

Our users have posted a total of 25344 messages in 640 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Bug on stream version of DA II??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Bug on stream version of DA II??   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 am

Picked up some info about a possible bug with stream version of BG II. Seems there is a large resource pack to be downloaded but stream won't recognize it. Patch was made but isn't working. There is a work around but I didn't understand it. If any one has more info please let us know.

If I find out more I'll let you know.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Bug on stream version of DA II??   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

I'd suggest waiting if you haven't preordered this game. Now it's very common for players to get games that are barely out of the beta stage and still filled with bugs (that may never be fixed if DAO is any indication).

If you can wait to play a game then you don't have to deal with that sort of nonsense... Besides you'll be doing yourself a favour by saving money and getting a more satisfying game experience.

Paul71
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Bug on stream version of DA II??   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 pm

To be honest, I won't be getting DA2. I tried the demo and thought it was OK, but veered very much towards combat / action with the role playing taking more of a back seat than it did in DAO.

Not really a good turn, purely my opinion of course

I'll be waiting for The Witcher 2 I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Bug on stream version of DA II??   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

i a little info because of the Redux Team. Don't know if one team member is involved with DA but he seems to be playing it and knows a bit about it. Just casual mention.

The witcher seems to be winning here. I will probably get it if the text messages aren't too small. So far DA does't entice me either plus I really don't like dealing with EA.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Bug on stream version of DA II??   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:32 am

I agree. I'm getting more and more interested by the Witcher 2.

I've given enough money to EA and Bioware. It's a shame they didn't fix the bugs. Having to use unofficial patches to play a game as it should be played (I'm not talking about modded content here) is simply shameful.

Besides, I got DAO soon after it was released and the only thing I got from not waiting to play this game was enhoying beta testing the game and paying the full price on DLC when I could have had a much better deal with the Ultimate Edition (or whatever it is called) less than a year later.

I don't like the way they've been selling DA2, urging players to preorder a game. When you stop to consider that they never fixed the original Dragon Age I don't expect they will fix the sequel.

Another thing that I got from getting DAO early was the infamous quest NPC in the party camp that was just there to put an ad for the Warden's Keep DLC... When there is an actual dialogue line that starts with the words "download DLC" then you know what really matters. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed DAO but that was a really BIG turn off...

EA/Bioware got some of my hard earned money on DAO but I'm not planning on getting DA2 any time soon. I care very little for the sort of game that DA2 seems to be, Usually I don't like being forced to play a determined protagonist (at least in the Witcher playing Geralt informs the story itself) and I enjoyed playing a non human too much in DAO to find a human only PC interesting. Add the change in focus (which Paul mentioned) and the dialogue thing and the fact that my gaming time is limited I'm confident that I'll find games that are more suited to my tastes.

That may sound like a rant, but when I first played DAO I was thrilled because I hadn't expected it to be so entertaining (the origins alone were incredibly fun) but in the long run I've realized that they never even bothered to fix it. I know most games are released too soon and players are treated like beta testers but it's a real shame to treat customers like dirt and as long as we keep buying these products we encourage these companies to rely on such practices which include -but are not limited to- marketing ploys to encourage people to buy extra content, so-called special editions and basically exploiting the hype, the fanbase and the gaming and modding community to make money without ensuring the quality of the product or that the gaming experience is bug free (or at least that the bugs are not game breaking). Add Achievements and extra items that can be unlocked to prompt people to purchase DLCs that are at best average and at worst a linear hack and slash run through recycled areas and you've completed a rather bleak picture. I don't regret getting DAO but I certainly do regret spending so much money on a game that wouldn't be enjoyable without fan made patches.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug on stream version of DA II??   

Back to top Go down

Bug on stream version of DA II??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Grey Rangers-
Jump to: