Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

FNV: to patch or not to patch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

FNV: to patch or not to patch Empty
PostSubject: FNV: to patch or not to patch   FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:35 am

The latest patch for FNV (patch 1.3) is said to improve the game stability but currently the documented changes point at balancing weapons (great for consoles but paradoxically that is going to be a nightmare for PC players using weapon mods).

The problem (as I type this) is that the patch breaks the Geck and until a new version of the Geck is released there is no editing stuff for people who've updated the game.

Anyway if you don't play an online game that requires Steam to be connected I strongly suggest using Steam in offline mode as it will allow you to control when you want to patch your game or not. It's always a good idea to wait for patch related issues to be fixed before moving on to a new patch but Steam doesn't offer us any choice since it will automatically update once online.

The latest patch will be required in order to play the next DLC Honest Hearst but in the mean time it is probably better just to wait for the problems to be fixed (and a new version of NVSE for mods).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

FNV: to patch or not to patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: FNV: to patch or not to patch   FNV: to patch or not to patch I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:22 pm

All is well. The Geck and the script extender have both been updated. I'm keeping steam in offline mode for now, it's good to control when you patch a game (especially if you can wait until the things that the patch breaks are fixed).

It's the same old story over again with patches only now with Steam we can't control anything. If that's the future of videogames then I guess we're screwed.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com

FNV: to patch or not to patch
Page 1 of 1