Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Titan Quest Immortal Throne
by Carabas Today at 1:30 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am

» Divinity: Original Sin 2
by Carabas Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 pm

» Assassin's Creed Origins
by Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 pm

» ChinaDroid review - VKWorld Mix Plus
by BlackZarak Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

» Why the original Fallout is still my favourite game 13 years later
by Carabas Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 pm

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

» Fallout: New California/Project Brazil
by Carabas Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

» XCOM 2 First Impressions
by Carabas Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25557 messages in 643 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Merc For Hire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Merc For Hire   Tue May 03, 2011 6:59 pm

The Teague brothers were always thick as thieves. The Twins knew no fear. They traveled the Wastes, killing for money only. Never for fun. Killing was just business. Period.

Then one day Justin was offered a job to go after the most deadliest of Fiends: Cook-Cook. Jason was off in DC, after a fight that caused the split of the Teague Twins.

Jason got word of his brothers death while doing a job for a Mister Burke in DC. After the job was completed, Jason headed back to Nevada.

Jason Teague stops by his brother's grave, on his way to McCarran to finish what his brother started.

"Justin, Cook-Cook may have taken your virginity and then your life, but I'll finish the job you started. Let no one ever say we don't finish what we start or that we renege on a deal. We are The Teagues! The Best of the fuckin Best!"

With the death of his twin, Jason decides to be known simply as "Teague".
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Tue May 03, 2011 7:11 pm

On his way to McCarran, Teague takes a side job to try and recover some of his travel expenses. But the customers decided to renege on the deal. So Teague takes payment in blood.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 pm

I like the shot with the grave. Teague doesn't look like the kind of guy one should mess around...

Good to see that the shirt is black enough. Wink

OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 pm

For A Few Caps More

While visiting Nipton, Teague decided to rest at the motel. Upon entering, Teague notices that the Legion left behind a mess. One that will rake in a few caps for ammunition.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Tue May 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Carabas wrote:
I like the shot with the grave. Teague doesn't look like the kind of guy one should mess around...

Good to see that the shirt is black enough. Wink

Yes. the shirt is excellent now. Thank you. Yes, Teague is not the guy to take on idly. He doesn't play games. He's one serious hombre. If your going to take Teague, you better bring a battalion. Plus a few more.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Sounds like it. I can't wait to see how he is going to deal with the Fiends...

OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Tue May 03, 2011 10:33 pm

More Wasted Ammo

On the road to Novac, Teague had to waste more ammo on this punk and her friends. Well, on the bright side, they did have a few caps and other things of value that he can sell in Novac. But the extra weight is a pain.

Just another day in the Wastes.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 12:50 am

Tell me about it... Trying to carry around all the loot is a real pain. Teague is moving fast. I wonder what he is going to do when he finally gets to Novac.

OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:09 am

He will never reach Novac. The unspeakable horror of a corrupt save, took him out the bloody box.....

I hate New Vegas right now!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:14 am

Oh crap! You mean that you can't save anymore?

Here is what you can do to keep playing (for a while at least as it's not a permanent fix). Get him killed and let the game reload the latest save on its own (don't load it yourself).

I used that trick so my Comedian character could get his revenge and kill Benny well after my save got corrupted.

Jezdamayel
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:17 am

XDDDDDDDDDDDD! wow your guy is awesome! i am liking that shirt Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:18 am

That save won't even load anymore. So I renamed the backup save for Teague and he's back in business!!!!!

Glad you like. Y'all will be seeing more of him now that I fixed the save. Thank God for backups!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:20 am

OH!! i am so happy you got it fixed!!!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:23 am

FYI don't use quick saves or autosaves as they tend to get corrupted (overwriting and stuff). But you probably know that.

If you can go back to a previous save it's great.

OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 am

Yea, I never use them or the Escape key save as I said above. I just open console and type: save Teague and hit enter, or whatever my character's name is at the time.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 am

when i save i quick auto and special name them. LOL i always have done that. back in the day i would save on two memory cards just to be safe LOL><>
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 1:34 am

Yea, I have done the name thing since way back. I learned the hard way.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 2:52 am

Highway 95's Viper Encampment Turned Into A Bone-yard

Just outside of Novac, Teague runs into a nest of Vipers. More loot for the taking and ammo spent. Will this scum ever learn? He leaves the nest a Bone-yard.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 11:41 am

My computers don't let me use the console so I have to do it the hard way. Anyway it's good to see your character is still alive and kicking (despite those pesky saves).

Looking at your screenshots I think I should upload some of mine. Trouble is my girl has already killed Cook Cook on her way back from Vegas (it started as a dare as I decided to cross through the Deathclaw territory to McCarran in order to get to the clinic by using a stealthboy and then I went back to Goodsprings passing by Westside and then the Red Canyon -I don't fast travel).

Anyway, I'm drifting. We shall see how Teague handles the situation in Novac. It should enlighten us about his personality. Wink

OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Entering Novac

As Teague entered Novac, a small nothing of a place.a place about ready to give up and blow away in the wind it seems. His skin started to itch, like a million tiny ants crawling all over him.

Teague continued into the place and found that damn robot there. Victor, he calls himself. Pulled my ass out of a hole with a bullet in my brain pan. Why I took on that damn courier job, was just to make a few more caps to finish what my brother started.

Doesn't matter, I will deal with that weasel later also.

Walked into the sleepy little motel and got a very big surprise. My brother must have been here at one time or the other. Laying on top of the Mojave Express box was my damn hat! The one my brother stole from me and lied that he ever had it. This is the damn thing that caused the argument that changed ever thing and laying next to it, my brother's own hat.

I tried to question the old bat in the motel about it, but she just shrugged at me. Saw a strange glint in her eyes when I questioned her.

Met Manny Vargas this morning. A sniper, recently removed from the NCR. Seems ok. But I think he's one of "those" types. Asked me to do a job for him and he would give me more info on the bastard that shot me. I decided not to do his job. Info, just doesn't put caps in my pocket.

When he left the room for his stint up in the dino, I re-entered his room and found a computer. Found out he used to be a Great Khan and some more info on that S.O.B. who shot me.

Went back to my room to rest up some. At about 2300 hours, I decide to go check out the other sniper Many had talked about.

Boone by name, seems a bit jumpy. Walked in and he damn near jumped out of his skin. I almost laughed, but decided not to.

He tells me about his wife and I decide to try and look for some info. After asking a few questions here and there, I decided that Jeannie May Crawford, the owner of the place needed checking.

She just rubbed me the wrong way. The strange glint in her eye, when I asked about the hats and my brother. Then, the same damn look when I asked about Boone's wife.

I followed her home the following night. Crept into her home awhile later. Pick-pocketed the old bat while she was sleeping and found the key to her safe in the motel. Headed back and opened the safe and found what I needed. A receipt.

I went back and woke the old bat up and told her to meet me in front of the dino. Put Boone's beret on and BAM!!!! Jeannie May Crawford's head exploded. Hadn't seen a shot like that since my brother......

Anyways, I decided to talk Boone into joining up with me, on the premise of killing tons of Legion guys.

The next morning, Boone and I headed out. Me wearing my hat and after telling Boone about my brother, he put on my brother's. No idea why really.

What Was Once Two, Became One. What was Once One, Now Becomes Two.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Great way to include the hat in the story. I really like that last shot. It's really cool. Boone is finally turning the page and leaving his past in the first recon behind. The hat looks really good on Teague.

OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Glad ya liked it. I had to add in something about the hats. I think the reason Boone is wearing Teague's brothers hat, didn't really work. But it's all I had. I couldn't post that it has some enchantments. LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Boone's beret give a bonus to critical chance and that is a huge advantage. That being said the way Boone looks wearing the hat is great especially with Teague on his side.

OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Yea, I gave the confederate hat +1 Per, +5 Crit and DT 2. So you know he's going to snatch it up.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Boone may be many things but he is not a fool. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merc For Hire   

Back to top Go down

Merc For Hire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Atomic Pistoleros-
Jump to: