Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Assassin's Creed Origins
by Carabas Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 pm

» Sword Coast Legends
by Carabas Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 pm

» Shadowhand
by Carabas Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:26 pm

» Witcher 3 reviewed
by Carabas Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:53 pm

» Titan Quest Immortal Throne
by Carabas Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:30 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am

» Divinity: Original Sin 2
by Carabas Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 pm

» ChinaDroid review - VKWorld Mix Plus
by BlackZarak Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

» Why the original Fallout is still my favourite game 13 years later
by Carabas Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 pm

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

» Fallout: New California/Project Brazil
by Carabas Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

» XCOM 2 First Impressions
by Carabas Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25642 messages in 644 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Mon May 23, 2011 8:25 pm

I like your work on the Comedian. Nice shotgun too. I know how you feel when it comes to textures. Depending on the layout it can be a pain. I don't know if you have ever seen the pic of my Green Lantern or Captain America Spawn armor retex. If you look at the tex map layout for that, it was practically a miracle that I pulled it off. So I wish you luck. Now about Rorschach, I tried again. This time with the mysterious stranger outfit. Still not perfect by any means, but getting closer. I posted a pic over at the nexus. Let me know if its any better or worse.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Tue May 24, 2011 9:56 am

Nice work Paul. I like the Pauldrons (simply need to get the red stripes on the other shoulder). You should definitely use the Brawler body as a basis instead since the Comedian is described and represented as being rather bulky and strong.

Jetacon72, can please you post a link to the picture so we can have a look at it for future reference?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1111665-1306180774.jpg

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1111665-1306185977.jpg

I really like what you're doing. My only suggestion would be to make the scarf/collar a bit more dirty so the white doesn't stand out too much. Wink

PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Tue May 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Jet, that is insane. I really, really like it. There's just one small suggestion. I've never liked the pants on that outfit, they were aways too poofy for me. They remind me of M.C.Hammer. Would it be possible to take the pants of another outfit, say the Grimy pre-war bussinesswwear, and plop it on that outfit? But for now, that looks great.

I'll be sure to try out the brawler body, it's just that I've been having a lot of problems regarding body replacements.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Wed May 25, 2011 12:34 am

Jetacon did it again:

Spoiler:

It looks incredibly great. I'm going to run out of words. Well done sir! farao

PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 am

Holy crap dude. That looks insasne. But are you planning on making the small head piece that he wears?
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 am

Ozzy doesn't wear a mask that's true and I had forgotten about the head piece. Good call Paul.

PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

Actually Carabas, apparently he does wear a mask in the movie:
Spoiler:

And jet did a great job of it too. Though I do prefer the comic version more Razz
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 am

That explains the mask in Jet's picture. I have to say that I don't remember the mask and I prefer the comic too. Thanks for pointing this out Paul. Smile

Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 3:22 am

Hey guys, sorry if my stuff differs from the comic versions. I have to admit that i've never read a Watchmen comic(or any comic since the '90s). I'm sure the reading is good and I'll have to check it out. Most pics I see on the net of the comic versions aren't clear enough for me to tell exactly what they look like. There is, however a ton of pics of the movie versions. Not to mention, I've seen it about a dozen times. I'm looking into the headpiece for Ozy. I've found something that looks similar in shape. It's a belt actually, but I might be able to change that. And not trying to get in the way, but after seeing how cool your Comedian suit was, I had to make one too. I already had most of what i needed already. I reshaped a lot of gear from the Tailor Made mod to fit the Brawler body. Sorry for the long winded speech. I'm at my fifth cup of coffee already.
Back to top Go down
Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 5:47 am

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 8:44 am

I would have surmised that you were a comics fanatic. Smile

Anyhow if you enjoyed the movie you should definitely give the comic a try, it's really something special. I've read quite a few comics in my time but (IMO) nothing compares to Watchmen.

Holy cow! Your Comedian outfit is awesome!!!

I'm not too sure about the elbow stuff, the stripes look odd to me, I think it would look better without it or maybe without stripes on the elbows. I'm nitpicking, the suit is simply great.

Give him a cigar, a scar and a different hairdo and you really have a perfect match. That's some outstanding work.

PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 12:13 pm

That really is jet, great job! I still have yet to watch the movie, I think I'm just going to wait for the summer and buy the Director's cut (it's always better). I've seen snip-its of the movie, and I've even seen the take on the ending, but frankly I just want to watch it to compare the scenes to the comic.

As for the Ozymandias headpiece, couldn't you just use this as a base: The forecaster
Just mark it as playable in the GECK, and edit remove some of the pieces and you've got it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Since you're a fan if you can find it you should get the Ultimate Cut (the Director's Cut with some extra scenes and Tales of the Black Freighter -the comic within the comic) it's much longer than the version that was shown in theatres. The Ultimate Cut must be around 210 minutes. Wink

PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Wait, it features a movie version of the Tales of the Black Freighter? Anyways, my bother owns the directors cut in Canada, so I'll be sure to watch it this summer.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Tales of the Black Freighter is included in the Ultimate Cut (it is divided into a series of sequences like in the comic).

Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 pm

I watched what I thought was the Director's cut of the movie. A friend pilfered it off the net. It was much better with a lot of extra footage but There was no comic strip with it. Looks like I'll have to go buy it to see that. I am a big comics fan, a fan of most everything scifi or fantasy. But i went and got married and had four great kids who left me with little time for reading. Now Im about to be divorced. She has the kids. I'm disabled so I dont work. Suddenly I have more time than I know what to do with. Sorry if that's TMI. Anyway, I have yet to learn how to disect a continuous mesh in Blender to get only a section of the model. I can move things around and change their shape to an extent and of course seperate multiple meshes contained in the same .nif file. My point is, that unless that psychic kid's headpiece is made of seperate parts, I wont be able to use it. Thats why I couldn't remove that section of Tenpenny's suit. The belt I referred to, in the Tailor made mod, is an enclave belt. Someone who knows how, disected it from the advanced power armor. The belt doesn't wrap fully around the waist, and the shape of it is very similar to Ozy's headpiece. Ill post a pic of a character wearing the belt so you can see what I mean. Whoops. Here I am "writing a book" again. Thanks guys ttyl.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm sorry about your divorce. By the way it's not TMI, we're trying our best to have a nice friendly forum if you want to get to know us better you're more than welcome to post outside this thread.

The movie exists in three versions that I know of, the Theatrical Cut, the Director's Cut and the Ultimate Cut. There is almost an hour of extra content in the Ultimate Cut (compared to the version that was shown in theatres). The Ultimate Cut includes a few scenes that are not in the DIrector's Cut and also the animated version of the Tales of the Black Freighter (voiced by Gerard Butler).

I don't know anything about modelling but I can tell that you're doing a fantastic job with these costumes. Smile

Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Thu May 26, 2011 11:39 pm

I got the head piece working using the belt i mentioned. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1111665-1306452247.jpg

Oh by the way, I remembered something Paul had said about the size of my files being rather large. I now know why. The body texture i have been using and retexturing was huge in size. 4096x4096, must have been hi def. I have now went through all my stuff and rescaled all the body textures. The size difference is tremendous. Now I'm torn. Do I update each mod individually, or make one file with all I've made so far? It would probably be about the size of my Justice League file but would contain all the suits so far from all my hero mods. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Fri May 27, 2011 1:09 am

This picture is absolutely spot on. Whatever you did you've really got the Ozymadias suit right.

It would be fantastic to be able to have the suits in one package (unpacked your Justice League mod took nearly one gigabyte iirc) but some players don't have access to internet services allowing them to download really big files (Paul has mentioned that it was a problem for him).

Either way is fine as far as I'm concerned though. I guess uploading many files will be more time consuming so you probably have to take that into account as well.

I wish I could give you a few more kudos at the Nexus. The suits you've put together are simply incredible.

Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Fri May 27, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks Carabas. For the compliments and the PM. It's nice to know that there are still people who care in this world.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 am

No problem Jetacon, it's simply the truth, you've done an incredible work on these costumes.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Fri May 27, 2011 9:52 am

Just thought about the "who watches the watchmen?" phrase and I think the Latin version could be used in the game: "quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" this could be a nice Easter egg. Ideas?

PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Fri May 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Great job jet, I always miss these conversations because of the time difference. Sorry about bugging you about Blender again jet, from what I see what you did is even better than what I suggested. As for downloading, it's all up to you jet. Anyways Carabs, I only have 3 more weeks of school, then I'm outta here. Internet won't be an issue anymore Razz

Sorry to here about your divorce jet. If we're bugging you too much with these models, you really don't have to push your self. But from what you've done, these are fantastic. Since you're a comic fan, do you have any favorites? Or do you have any cool issues with you?

Oooh, I love easter eggs. Those are always my favourite part of movies/games. What I'd like to see is you know in the comics how Rorschach always points out that painted couple on the street? I'd really like to see that put in the Strip or something. The best idea is what you mentioned earlier, and what we were planning on doing. We could have Archie somewhere in Jacobstown just crashed somewhere, it would really tickle my fancies Razz
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Fri May 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Crashed spaceship? rendeer

Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   Fri May 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks Paul. Sorry you missed the conversation too. lol. Oddly enough, I think you and I may be in the same time zone. I just can't sleep at night. And you guys are not bothering me in the least. With all thats going on in my life right now, helping with a project or even just discussing and sharing idea's, has helped to distract, entertain, and occupy me. I most sincerely appreciate it. Thanks. So.... just how big do you think we can make a pair of binoculars anyway? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   

Back to top Go down

[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Iron Horse Workshop-
Jump to: