Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I got a new PC today

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

I got a new PC today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:34 am

I have had this computer 3 months and 18 days and I am constantly finding new things on it. Of course if I could read the owner's manual it would be a big help. study I just discovered the manager for the video card. Actually it is pretty basic not much for me to do. No fancy tweaks like NVIDIA that never seemed to solve anything for me.

Of course I can make adjustments to the monitor itself. Contrast, color etc. But it also has a system information that I can copy. So here it is:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DWARICW-HP
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HPE-510f
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, 2800 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 6.04, 9/7/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Dwaricw-HP\Dwaricw
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.80 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.5 GB
Page File Space 8.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

There it is everything you didn't want to know.
Hokay, what are they doing with that 2.20 GB of Physical memory? Who is using it?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Beats me. At least now that Irene is gone you can focus on finding out. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Well, Irene is why I am here today. The New York subways are flooded out. Sad So I won't go up this week unless the lawyer calls.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:07 pm

I've seen people complaining on TV about the fact that NY City is basically cut off and that everything is closed but that's nothing in comparison to what could have happened. It seems no matter what people always find reasons to complain. I was relieved for you when I heard that Irene was moving away.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:31 pm

I was relieved too. Smile Also that the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm. Only a few degrees difference but those big hurricanes can stay out to sea. We did have a tornado watch. Those things really scare me. The Land of OZ was great to read about but I wouldn't want a tornado taking me there.

Alas the trials and tribulations of living in Manhattan.

I bet most of those complainers are Manhattans. Brooklynite will be complaining that the Mayor and Council don't care about anything but Manhattan. Manhattanites will be complain because their favorite deli or pizza parlor or Chinese isn't delivering and they will have to walk two blocks to get take out. Very Happy I can just hear someone from the rich districts complaining that their maid was an hour late getting to work

Remember all, I am a Brooklynite so take anything I say with a grain of salt. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:39 pm

I love my new spell checker. It is from Inbox which I find annoying as Inbox wants to take over but after a bit of arguing I think I have it in its place. Spell checker works automatically on sites like this. It underlines in red words it thinks are spelled wrong then I right click on the word and get a lengthy list of words and choices. I pick what I want or add word, ignore word, edit word. I like that I can see words misspelled or questionable as I type them.

I managed to mess things up trying to change the graphics and had to go back to a Restore Point. Luckily I had one just a few hours before I messed up. Moral of this is remember to make Restore Points before you mess around with you machine.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 am

That's always a good idea and one I've learned the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:55 am

Don't we all. I got a new PC today - Page 2 47943
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got a new PC today   I got a new PC today - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got a new PC today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: Arcanum :: Where you can find help with the magic of modern technology.-
Jump to: