Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mod idea for Skyrim

Go down 
+3
Carabas
OldCoot46
Nakia the Rogue
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Tje end of every story is death, the death of the person living the story. We are not ending the story but trying to establish one incident in the story. Fantasy is IMO contrived because the author sets up the consequences which in real life are unknown. Even if we can make an educated guess it is still a guess. The author of a fictional story is god, all knowing and all powerful.

Our hero may be told that such and such will happen if you do this or that but he can't know for sure. If he chooses to die then the game is over but we are not writing the game only a small part of it. If he chooses to live he is a moral coward and the village disappears either in a flash or gradually as it returns to the real world of war and starvation.

Bring things together, Carabas. Write up the quest as you see it. Then the fun begins as I try to see how my orginal idea can fit into you synopsis. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:09 pm

The ideas are in this thread, what you do with them is up to you. I stand by what I said about endings. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Smile Good for you. I stand by that the only ending to the story is when the main character dies whether in a game, a book or real life. So I agree there are no happy endings but there are happy incidents in life or we all be madder than the Mad Hatter. I could list many events in my life that brought happiness both small and large into my life.

No matter what happens in this mod the hero will ride away into the sunset leaving the village to its fate happy or unhappy. What I do with this mod depends on the help I get which includes quests ideas. I like the idea of a moral conflict were the hero needs to make difficult descions. I do not see the hero willing to fall on his own sword to save the villagers. Someone else might be willing to do. but would that be acceptable.

I think I am more positive towards life than Carabas and TON. Over the years I have learned that it is true that when one door closes another door opens.

The biggest difference between a game and real life is that you can't reload real life if you don't like the ending.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Tragedy will always be superior to comedy. No matter what. I'm not saying comedy isn't important but that's a fact.

There can be no real dilemma or moral choice if a clear cut solution is given to the player. That's why the existence of a fighter willing to sacrifice himself is a huge mistake.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Smile Now I am in a dilemma. How to keep the hero alive and not a completly selfish person. Let himself be killed or run away seems too simple for me. One of the things I love about Bethesda is the moral ambiguity it raises. Human sacrifice is wrong at least in modern society. At the moment I have absolutely no idea how to set up the proper sense of moral ambiguity.

"Sacrifice myself, that is blood magic and is evil" "Well, if you aren;t willing we will have to do it for you because without the sacrifice we are doomed. We are all sacrificed. One life for the life of a whole village is all we ask."
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Smile Now I am in a dilemma.

Good, now you're in character. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Laughing I have the backstory but the actual quest iludes me. I don't think my 'creative' talents are up to creating a good quest of this type. I will need a lot of help especially from those of you have better linguistictalents. I can set up a plot but the details and dialogue just are not there.

As a Warm up for this very, to me, complicated quest I am thinking of doing a simple cave crawl quest which I will ask jez to help me with. I want it to be funny and she is good at that. Smile We will need help with the AI, animation, getting the quest to spawn.

This will give me practice with the Skyrim CS of which we have heard nothing as yet. Sad At least this computer should be able to handle it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:10 am

Bethesda would be crazy not to release a toolset; it's the mods that keep people interested in their games years after they've been released.

I think starting with a small quest and then fleshing it out is the way to do things.

Silvery has a talent for dialogues and we can count on TON to find some badass retorts.

Let's hope that lip files are supported. I can't motivate myself to go through the process of making a new NPC for Fallout New Vegas because it will scream "mod alert" without lip files and using existing lip files is like watching the dubbed version of a bad telenovela.

So looking at your posts I understand that you want something light hearted and funny. In that case you should decide whether you want to go for zany stuff or keep to the limits of regular comedy.

If you want something funny then we can throw moral ambiguity and dreadful sorcerers out of the window and start planning pie making contests and quests involving looking after prize winning cows (I thing there was one in the original Witcher) and dealing with star crossed romances (that will end well).

That may be a great opportunity to bring back Noober and Biff the understudy (part of a travelling theatre company from Cyrodiil possibly).

That being said even zany characters need some motivation. I would love a Pepe Le Pew character looking for love and stinking up the place. Very Happy

And if you're going for the zany merry band of fools you're going to need a Legendary Woodsman (cowardly heroic, useless at his trade but incredibly lucky, persuasive and intimidating). My favourite character to RP when I'm a DM. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 pm

lol! Cara, you just came up with about a dozen mod ideas. We have our work cut out. I was thinking two completely separate mods. The first a short, test out the CS silly one. You have heard jez's 'The genie and the lady' She is great at that type of thing.

The second the dark and ambiguous type with difficult choices. Since this is only a mod and not the game we can't kill off the heroic player character but we can force him to make choices. Walk away, allow a companion to die, pay some hard price.

Acrobatics is out in Skyrim I understand but a traveling troop rather appeals to me. They are in Skyrim because they really aren't very good. Laughing I could sing for that one. ROTFLMAO. Noober, ah, that brings up memories. I beat him up until he finally ran away.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:34 pm

My advice let's focus on one thing at a time; besides if you want light comedy let's go for it. After all a little comic relief can be a good thing. cheers

Regarding ideas, there is nothing wrong with going back to the classics and have a look at Shakespeare's plays and Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. I'm not saying we should go for Elisabethan or Middle English but we could use these texts for reference (there are many interesting stories that are medieval and authentic -not Hollywood nonsense).
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:34 pm

I want it all. However I will restrain myself for the moment. A second rate, no third rate, traveling actors ban comes to a town in Skyrim. We could do a short skit of some kind, bad acting, forgotten lines, bumbing into each other.

One of the actors hears that there is a cave nearby rumoured to have great treasure but no one can find it because their is some kind of horendous monster. "Legendary Woodsman (cowardly heroic, useless at his trade but incredibly lucky, persuasive and intimidating). " He wants your help in finding the cave and treasure so off you go. You find your cave with ghosties, undead and bats. Lots of guano to fall into.

To be continued.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Spoiler:

Quote :
"Legendary Woodsman (cowardly heroic, useless at his trade but incredibly lucky, persuasive and intimidating). " He wants your help in finding the cave and treasure so off you go.

Should be the other way round. Hero needs guide, finds one that looks as if he knows his trade (but doesn't) so travel around in circle until sends him on his way.

Instead of having quest givers why not having the character trigger a quest by showing some interest in a certain topic? It would be more natural this way. Of course we'll have to see how the game works first. Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Carabas wrote:
Bethesda would be crazy not to release a toolset; it's the mods that keep people interested in their games years after they've been released.

There's definitely going to be a toolset. It was confirmed some while ago and is called 'The Creation Kit'

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 908882 Paul71.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Thinking (bad idea) voice actors:

1) OldCoot for the inept but persuasive warrior, retired and leader of the actors' troop.
2) Carabas for the equivalent of the understudy from Baldurs Gate. Smile
3) Nakia (me) lousy singer and another role I have in mind maybe.
4) jex a role I think she will like plus anything else she wants to do.
5) TON I think we need a role for him that brings moral ambiguity into the picture. The devil's advocate. Hmm something is trying to make its way to the surface of my mind.
6) Silvery, a flirtious actress who is always seeking the perfect man and never finding him.
7) Sakura777, With her distinctive voices maybe the one person in the troop who can actually act and sing and gets upset at all the inept others.

Who am I missing? Any volunteers? We will need voices for townspeople, audience comments.
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Thinking (bad idea) voice actors:

1) OldCoot for the inept but persuasive warrior, retired and leader of the actors' troop.
2) Carabas for the equivalent of the understudy from Baldurs Gate. Smile
3) Nakia (me) lousy singer and another role I have in mind maybe.
4) jex a role I think she will like plus anything else she wants to do.
5) TON I think we need a role for him that brings moral ambiguity into the picture. The devil's advocate. Hmm something is trying to make its way to the surface of my mind.
6) Silvery, a flirtious actress who is always seeking the perfect man and never finding him.
7) Sakura777, With her distinctive voices maybe the one person in the troop who can actually act and sing and gets upset at all the inept others.

Who am I missing? Any volunteers? We will need voices for townspeople, audience comments.

Looks like I didn't make the cut... No
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Paul, I was just thinking of you but I don't remember what your voice sounds like. Maybe you could do a short something for the soundbox? That would help. I was thinking you could be the reluctant love interest for Silvery. Laughing

Anyone else want in? The more the merrier. The good thing with this type of mod is you don;t need to be a great actor just have a decent mic.

We will need a couple of old fashion uncopyrigted songs and it would b nice to have lute or harp music.

I also need bats. Animated bats.

I am pretty good at pathing but will need help with special animations. Scripting is of course my weakest point. ROFLmAO about my scripting abilities.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 am

Paul71 wrote:
Looks like I didn't make the cut... No

Not sure I'm glad I made the cut. You can have my part if you want. Razz

I'm in for the comic relief, I should work on my jokes. Hopefully my sinuses will be fine by then and I won't sound like a duck imitating Jar Jar Binks. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:57 am

If your sinus aren't better in five or six months then it is permanent and a quacking duck would make a great inept understudy type. Perfect. You can't give the part. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 237693 You would upset Granny Rogue and you really do not want to upset Granny Rogue. Very Happy

Paul will do fine trying to escape Silvery's character's clutches. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 41204
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 am

I sure wouldn't want to contradict Granny Rogue. I'll work on my understudy part then. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 587681
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:17 am

cheers Good, we have a pretty good start as far as ideas go. The hard one will be getting Sakura involved. She is ratherillusive. Her part will be important because it will demonstrate just how bad we are. Otherwise players may jut think we made a bad mod. Tsk Tsk, can't have that.

Maybe when TON finishes his project in Minecraft he can start working up a part for his characdter of ambiguity. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 835223
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:27 am

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Paul, I was just thinking of you but I don't remember what your voice sounds like. Maybe you could do a short something for the soundbox? That would help. I was thinking you could be the reluctant love interest for Silvery. Laughing

I'll model myself on Peter Dinklage's character, Tyrion Lannister, in 'Game of Thrones'. I don't mean his stature, I mean his mock English country gentleman voice that seems to enable him to talk his way out of anything Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:29 am

That is great, Paul. You and Sil should work out your dialogue and actions. No rush we have +5 months but don't wait until the last minute. Very Happy
Ton needs to work on the devil's advocate character to bring ambiguity.
Cara shoudn't have any trouble as he knows BG I & II backwards and forward. Maybe he and OldCoot could work on OldCoots's character our valient, persuasive but inept leader.
J=jez and I will work on our characters together.
I hope I can get Sakura involved. We need her character to counter-balance the rest of us. A capable actress who feels superiour to backwoods louts and lets us know it.

We need a little script for our play, maybe something that has ambiguity to it. Something from Oblivion? Is necromancy evil? Or one of themyths. The Mad God> I always considered him the sanest being in Oblivion.

I love it when a plot comes together and other people do most of the work. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 54846
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 pm

You find the talent and then you delegate. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 378542

I like the Mad Dog idea somehow with references to Mania and Dementia? That could work, I wonder what Paul thinks about this.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Carabas wrote:
You find the talent and then you delegate. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 378542

I like the Mad Dog idea somehow with references to Mania and Dementia? That could work, I wonder what Paul thinks about this.

Shall we ask him? Paul what do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod idea for Skyrim
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next