Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
[NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[NV Idea] Left hand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[NV Idea] Left hand Empty
PostSubject: [NV Idea] Left hand   [NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Well, everyone knows I am NOT a modder, so I try and request mods from all the modders here.

So my idea, if SOMEONE would like to take a stab at it, is to make the character left-handed. This would require moving the pipboy to the right arm and mirroring the shooting hand to the left.

Anyways, hopefully someone will give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [NV Idea] Left hand   [NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Wow... This would be a major headache... It would require all the armour/clothing meshes to be modified and all the weapons animations to be redone.

Frankly I don't think it would be worth all the trouble.

I've seen modders playing around with dual wielding by having a fake weapon equipped in the left hand. I say fake because it's more an armour piece than a weapon.

There was a dual wielding mod with blades but the left hand blade was just there to be seen, it followed regular animations so it was all about faking it (still looked rather good).

At least one modder managed to make a working dual wielding weapon but from what I've read and seen it was far from being satisfactory.

Anyway what you're suggesting is way beyond my limited modding skills. A left handed character would require new animations for almost everything.

Sorry if I sound negative. It's an interesting idea but I can foresee many difficulties ahead.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: [NV Idea] Left hand   [NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:33 pm

Yes, it would be a headache, if you take it as a literal change over, however, think about mirrors. All it would take is to mirror the actions. Not a rebuild. As for armor, same thing, mirror them.

I am not sure how this could be accomplished, but I think it would have to be easier then a literal rebuild.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [NV Idea] Left hand   [NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:31 am

Possibly. But even if you did know of an easy way to operate a simple symmetry trick on all these meshes and animations you'd still have to duplicate everything and I suspect animations would a real pain (for a start how can you tell the game to make a difference between right handed and left handed characters? That's only the tip of the iceberg).

I don't want to dampen your spirits but it's not an easy matter.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: [NV Idea] Left hand   [NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:11 am

Not dampening my spirits. Think about this:

If you set up the mirror, the mirror itself would also handle the animations. Every thing would be mirrored.

For a mod like this, you have to think outside the box.

Here's an example, sort of:
I give you a lighter or some matches and tell you to collect some kindling wood and start a fire. Easy. Right?

Ok, now say I take away the lighter or matches and tell you to collect more kindling wood and start a fire. Now, you have to stop and think HOW your going to do it. Not so easy, but still doable. Now, you have to think outside of the box.

Maybe I'm just thinkin too far outside of the proverbial box.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [NV Idea] Left hand   [NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:30 am

I'm all about that sort of thinking but I'd suggest asking a modder who does animations for advice. I don't think that it would be that simple.

As far as fire is concerned, if you take away my lighter and my matches then give me some rocks and I'll get a sparkle. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [NV Idea] Left hand   [NV Idea] Left hand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[NV Idea] Left hand
Page 1 of 1