Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TON, could you check this for me>

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

TON, could you check this for me> Empty
PostSubject: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Searching for magnifiers I ran across this phone for low vision. I don;t think it does text though. Could you check the pheon fore me at your leisure. NO rush. Smile

Thank you.
Granny Rogue

Jitterbyg
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:20 am

Hey Nak, no problems, if memory serves, I thought I mentioned Jitterbug to you? At any rate, yes, the J does SMS, there are actually two interfaces that you can switch between, one being a "Simple" interface, it has the basics in large text, and the Call/End Call are YES/NO buttons. There is also a "Normal" mode, in which the user interface looks like a regular cellphone. The J would be great considering your vision problems, I have seen some Chinese Shanzhai phones target towards the elderly and people with vision troubles, but they are hit-and-miss in terms of quality, and I can't in gooe conscience recommend a Shanzhai.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:47 am

Thanks, TON. Yes, I think you did mention the Jitterbug. I am a bit disconbobulated right now and not thinking clearly. I didn't check out the price but I will go back and look some more. With the current troubles I really need a phone I can work with. The one I have is fine for emergenencies but there is no way I can use it extensively. There is phone number and I was going to call them about the magnifier so I will ask about the phone too.

You are a whiz, TON, so glad you are around.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 am

Nak, there is also a company called Doro which makes phones for the Elderly/vision impaired.

They have color screens, but they are very easy to use. Rogers in Canada sells some of these phones, and I fiddled around with one at the Rogers boutique when my bro had some stuff to sort out with them, and I think that it would be a viable option as well.

In the US, they are sold by Consumer Cellular. Here is a link to their page, scroll down to "Specifically for Seniors", they have two models for sale. Consumer Cellular phones can be bought in Sears stores as well, I believe.

http://www.consumercellular.com/Info/Phones

I'd like to point out that both phones are GSM, though. This means they cannot be used on VZW, but they can be used on AT&T/T-Mo no problem.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 am

Hokay, TON, I got the Jitterbug at my local PC Richards. It is charging up now. A beautiful metallic red. Smile Will get it activated in the morning. If I have any questions I will post them here.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Hokay, TON, forget the Jitterbug. Very, very basic. Unfortunately the young woman at PC Richards was not familiar with the phone and misinformed me. Billed as being for the elderly and visually impaired you need someone to help you set it up or a higher manification magnifier than I have. Think I'll concentrate on getting that. If people can't give us handicapped folks things to help them be independent they can go some lace dark and dreary.

You had some other other suggestions I'll see if I can find those. PMed me a couple hope I kept the PMs.

The jitterbug is the same size as my Verizon phone and harder to read. The light stayed on maybe 3 seconds. The woman at the company said it would stay on 70. I told her noway she didn't believe me.

The phone is great for the little old lady or man that just wants to call her children and grandchildren or friends. I can do that with the "Verizon phone. PC Richards was no help.

Not for a sophisticated Internet surfing lady such as myself who hangs out with young folks like you and OldCoot. Plays computer games and still does a little texturing. TON, could you check this for me> 378542 TON, could you check this for me> 741682 TON, could you check this for me> 33172 TON, could you check this for me> 562519 TON, could you check this for me> 984655 TON, could you check this for me> 908882 TON, could you check this for me> 237693
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:51 am

Nak, truth be told I am unfamiliar with Samsung phones, the brand never appealed to me. I know there is a way to switch between the regular mode and the vision impaired mode, I'm just not sure how.

Misinformed reps are one of the reasons I like to talk so much about phones. I'm not an expert, but I share what knowledge I have to help counter the misinformation.

There are also Doro branded phones, the one I fiddled with did not seemed to require switching modes. There were also some vision impaired, user-friendly Shanzhai phones, but buying a Shanzhai phone is taking a chance, it will either be great -- like my K66 -- or it will be a steaming pile of goat shit, like the "N9-00" or the "8800". Failing that, I have older, more basic Nokia phones you might like, and I also have a Moto I would have no problem parting with.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Well the so called expert rep I got from the company was no help and got annoyed because I complained about tehe phone. The Verizon phone is easier to see than the Jitterbug but I need to get down to the store and see if I can get someone there to help me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TON, could you check this for me>   TON, could you check this for me> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TON, could you check this for me>
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: Arcanum :: Where you can find help with the magic of modern technology.-
Jump to: