Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ralph Baer turns 90

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

Ralph Baer turns 90 Empty
PostSubject: Ralph Baer turns 90   Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 pm

I would like to take a moment to stop and pay tribute to the Father of Video Games, Ralph Baer. He turns 90 years old today. Any fan of video games owes a great debt to him. He has created a legacy, a legend, a genre, a culture. It takes a certain kind of man to do something truly incredible, and he did. No matter what you are, gamer, non-gamer, whatever, you can appreciate the absolute incredible genius of him and his invention.

As anyone who knows me quickly gets to know, I love video games. I love them for more than just playing them; I love their culture. Though on the surface the gaming culture may just be little kids screaming "noob!" on a mic, if you dig deeper, you get something incredible. Just look at Owain's Wish or Child's Play to see that. Gaming has gotten me some of my best friends. I owe all this, this incredible culture, to Ralph Baer. We all owe it to him. He changed this world.

Happy birthday, dad.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Baer turns 90   Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:03 am

Nowan Bushnell was also highly important to the video game industry, but I agree, Baer was one of the forefathers of video games.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Baer turns 90   Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 am

As the inventor of the Odyssy game console, the first game console and before computers were common and PC even heard of he is certainly the Father of Gaming.

Happy Birthday, Dad. cheers
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Baer turns 90   Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:32 am

Nak, did you know there was an Odyssey 2? With a full keyboard built in and K.C. Munchkin, a game so similar to Pac-Man it got pulled from the market. Another victim of the video game crash of 1983.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Baer turns 90   Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:05 am

No, Skorp. That is interesting. I did play Pac man and some other of those earlier games. Had a lot of fun with them. I didn't get involved with PC games until about 2000. Tried a couple of earlier games but couldn't get interested in them.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Baer turns 90   Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Ha, I didn't get involved in gaming for a long time, really. Not until around my 8th birthday did I first get my hands on a game, when my parents bought me and my little brother a Gamecube. Even then, I only played trashy movie licensed titles and the like. That changed when I played The Minish Cap on Gameboy. I soon started playing real, good games, got a Wii, then a PS3, and now a good PC. I've been a PC gamer for a long time, but I could never actually play good PC games, due to having a computer that could play nothing better than Half Life 2. I just got a gaming laptop for my birthday, though.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Baer turns 90   Ralph Baer turns 90 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ralph Baer turns 90
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: