Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Favourite Video Game Character?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

Favourite Video Game Character? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:34 am

Just a little curious to see who everybody's favourite video game characters are. Mine would definitely be either Veronica Santangelo or Joshua Graham, both from New Vegas. Loved the both of them.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:57 am

I'm not sure I have any favorites. I do love Sheogorath from Shivering Isles. From the other games I have played the only ones that really stand out in my mind are Minskl Boo and Vicky from Baldurs Gate SOA and Savorak (sp?) from ToB. Oh how could I forget. Jan Jansen, I think that is his name. The turnip gnome from Baldurds Gate II. Laughing I did love the characters in Baldurs Gate.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 am

Sarevok was already present in BG1 Nakia. Wink

If I had to pick I would choose Jeanette and Therese Voerman from Vampire Bloodlines.

My favourite character in the BG series was Xzar. He had all the best lines.

In the Fallout series I would have to choose Myron. Sure the guy is despicable but he is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Car, I know Sarevok was in BG I but in was in ToB that I fell in love with him. Bioware really knew how to write dialogue in those days.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:26 pm

You may be hard on Bioware. Some of the dialogue in DAO isn't that bad and I rather like what they did with Kotor (although Obsidian did a better job with NPCs in Kotor 2 IMO).

I'm not a huge fan of Planescape Torment but Morte was a truly memorable character. Planescape Torment really took advantage of the setting to tell a great story. Favourite Video Game Character? 197373
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Forgot about Planescape/Torment and Morte. He was good. Never played Kotor.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Dan Dead from Carmageddon 2. His Riviera is F'N awesome. He has no dialogue or interaction whatsoever, but who needs to talk during a car and pedestrian smash fest?

His Riviera is the only car in C2 I feel HAS to be driven with the internal view.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Carabas wrote:

If I had to pick I would choose Jeanette and Therese Voerman from Vampire Bloodlines.

Good choice, although I'd probably say my favorite character is the stop sign. Smile

I like Smilin' Jack, too. Especially when you figure out what's really going on.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Playing a Malkavian is definitely great! drunken
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:58 am

Is that Elric of Melnibone in your avatar, Carabas?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Kana wrote:
Is that Elric of Melnibone in your avatar, Carabas?

Yes, i's Elric of Melniboné. I used to be a big fan when I was growing up and I still like reading some of his adventures from time to time.

Kudos for recognizing him Kana. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:29 pm

I read a compilation of some of Moorcock's stores. Elric is an interesting character. Not your typical fantasy hero, by any stretch. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 am

Definitely! The trick is to read the stories in the right order. The problem is that Moorcock started in the middle with Yyrkoon and Cymoril and then moved on to Theleb K'aarna, Zarozinia, Yishana and Moonglum. There are many stories that happen long before Elric met Moonglum and his adventures with Smiorgan Baldhead and Rackhir are pretty good.

Of course Moorcock couldn't help adding stories long after he concluded the original saga. The Revenge of the Rose and the Fortress of the Pearl are both more mature on many aspects and they play on the fact that we already know the end of the story.

Then there is always the Eternal Champion stories. Apart from Elric which one is your favourite? Is it Erekose, Hawkmoon or Corum? Or maybe Ulrich von Bek from The War Hound and the World's Pain?
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 am

Elric is the only one I'm familiar with. I've been meaning to check out more, preferably full novels, but I have a fairly long list of books I want to read and not enough time to read them all.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 am

Have to add three new characters to my favourites: Canopus, Ravness and Cistina, all from Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Video Game Character?   Favourite Video Game Character? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Video Game Character?
Page 1 of 1