Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Srarted FalloutNV

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Right now I am exploring. So my character gets killed from time to time. I have the power of the reload button and make a lot of saves. She is high in science and good with laser weapons.

I checked your mod thread but haven't decided what I want to try yet. Smaller UI are not good for me. I am using the map to find locations I need to go to.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Energy weapons can be quite good in the long run but regular guns are more common, less expensive and most of the time just as effective (if not more so).

I can't really say which mods would be good for you especially since I don't think you've completed the game yet.

I'm using a smaller UI but I'm also using a mod that conceals the UI so I can't see markers and I have to be careful because I don't have a magic radar telling me exactly where enemies are located and how many enemies are attacking me. It makes the game rather challenging at times.

There are some pretty cool mods that add extra spawns and are fun once you've get used to the game and need more challenge.

The important thing is to have fun.

Have you completed Goodsprings and Primm yet? Simply exploring can be rewarding. You don't have to follow quests, you'll find out if you stumble upon one during your journey. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Completed Goodsprings. Headed for PriniM. Doing exploring. Who is a good companion to get in the early stages? y character is a female, scientific, good with laxer weapons. Good matured. Would like someone fun if also useful.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Nakia your post sounds like a personal ad, it's so funny. Very Happy

Anyway ou can get Ed-E the robot in Primm. He is a pretty solid companion and would work well with your character concept, the only drawback is that he can be a bit noisy but if he gets on your nerves you can always replace him with another character (he is after all the first follower you'll get in the game).

Remember that Science and Lockpick are useful when you reach certain levels: 25/50/75/100. Scores in between are not interesting unless you can increase your skill with magazines (temporary) or books (permanently).

You're still at the very beginning of the game. You need to get around a little more and explore. Travel to the Mojave Outpost, you'll find interesting people there and more reasons to investigate surrounding areas. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Any tips for getting through Prinim without joining the NCR? I don't want to join anything right now.

Where is the Mohave Outpost from were I am now?

Thanks for the advice Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Cooperating with the NCR doesn't mean that you are joining them. It takes more than doing a few odd jobs for a faction to get tied to it.

In fact you can get a good reputation with most (not all) factions until you reach the later part of the game and decided. Being Idolized by a faction doesn't mean that you will side with it in the long run, it just reflects your actions towards this specific faction so far (although you can be identified as being a friend of this particular faction for instance if you're character has a good track record with the NCR she will be considered as an NCR citizen which can help at times).

I won't spoil it for you but the important thing in that decision is going to be linked to your decision once your character gets back what was stolen from her. Up until then there are ways to turn back even if you screwed things up with an important faction (it's just a bit more complicated).

In the meantime the most logical thing to do is assess your character's situation and see what quests she wants to complete.

I assume you didn't side with the Powder Gangers and that you've cleared them from Primm (the Powder Gangers in Primm are hostile no matter what).

If your character is good at science (50 or so) you will be able to find a new law enforcer for Primm without enlisting the NCR, simply talk to Deputy Beagle.

Your next step is either Nipton or the Mojave Outpost. The Outpost is in the South West corner of the map and it's hard to miss, you've got two statues towering over it that can be seen from a distance.

Have fun and don't worry too much about factions. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Thank you, Cara. That helps a lot. I was concerned about getting stuck with the NCR right at the start of the game. Mostly I just want to wander around. Guess I got used that playing Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:39 pm

No problem. FNV is not restrictive at all. You will only have to worry about the main quest once your character will catch up with the man wearing the checkered suit (the one that shot your character in the head in the intro) and even then you will have many opportunities to delay your decision indefinitely if you wish to.

For now don't take the end of the game into account and don't let the faction thing get in your way.

Enjoy the scenery and let your character make her own decisions without worrying about being locked in one of the four possible endings for the game (you can't play all of them in one playthrough but you shouldn't worry about them before getting your courier's package back anyway). Wink
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 pm

You don't have to worry about joining any factions, as it doesn't actually work that way. You just gain reputation points with different factions, and the points you gain before reaching Vegas don't matter a whole lot. The game will make it pretty clear when you are picking a side.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

And make sure you weigh your options for the factions. Joining the Legion will end up getting you hated by the NCR, which can be a really bad thing, but joining the NCR
Spoiler:

And, of course, weigh your options based off of personal preference. FNV is heavy on the grey morality, so no one side is really the bad guy.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Well I can't agree 100% with you there Dragoniguana. Even if the NCR is pretty bad and corrupt they don't go around nailing people to crosses. Wink

Also the point I've been trying to make is that you don't have to pick a side during most of the game. After all nothing prevents you from being friendly with the Legion AND the NCR if you want to. As long as you don't get started with the last part of the main quest you don't have to make a choice.

I hope you don't mind but I've added a spoiler tag to your post. It's not that you've posted major spoilers but we should keep in mind that Nakia has only played a very little part of the game so far. Wink
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:41 am

Carabas wrote:
Well I can't agree 100% with you there Dragoniguana. Even if the NCR is pretty bad and corrupt they don't go around nailing people to crosses. Wink

Haha, true, the Legion is pretty black, but they do have their advantages. Namely in their treatment of shipping caravans, and the fact that they do crack down on crime and the like (See: Nipton).

Also, haha, yeah, sorry about forgetting the spoiler tag.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 am

Well, slaughtering everyone randomly is not what is called due process... They have order without justice.

If you want to discuss this topic further we really should create a new thread. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Don't worry about spoilers. The game has been out some time and I have heard plenty about it.

Something odd about the Powder Gang. After cleaning them out of Goodsprings and being listed as shunned by them when I got to the outskirts of Pirnim were they camp is they shot at me but the individual members don't react. If I click on them they make a random remark. I can't kill them and they do not react if I shoot them. They seem to be deactivated except that they walk around.

Got my science up to fifty.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Ok, my mistake, I didn't know whether or not you knew about the end of the game.

What you're describing seems like a bug probably caused by a mod that alters the faction for these characters so they'd be friendly. The Powder Gangers in Primm are hostile even if you are friendly with the Powder Gangers at the prison, this is the way the game is supposed to be. The problem is that you have to deal with the Powder Gangers in Primm to move the story along unless you want to skip Primm altogether.

Besides it's weird that you're only shunned after getting rid of Joe in Goodsprings. You probably should be Vilified by now.

What mods do you have installed? I could look into them if you want. If I knew what to look for I could probably come up with a solution that would make them hostile again without too much hassle (attaching a script to an item that'd make the Primm Powder Gangers hostile is definitely not rocket science). Or you could try wearing an NCR uniform (there are some laying around in abandonned buildings and in a locker in one of the tents). That should make the Powder Gangers in Primm hostile.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:10 pm

The only mods I have are from Wasteland Survival kit and the DLCs. I will disable the overhaul mod and see if that makes a difference.

Well, outside of killing some of the Powder Gang members I seem to have missed Pirnim. Ended up at the Mohave Outpost and think I will stick around there for a while then go back to Pirnim.

Very Happy don't overdo the spoilers I only know the general details but don't worry about them too much either. I need all the help I can get. It is an interesting game and I like being away from magic and medievalist themes. There is something relaxing about this game.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:26 am

I wouldn't use an overhaul mod for a first run and I wouldn't use this particular mod.

The problem with overhauls is that they tend to reflect a modder's prejudice towards what seems (according to that particular modder) to be balanced.

If I were you I'd disable this mod and hope it doesn't break your saves. If you're looking for overhaul mods it's better to get an idea of the default settings so you can decide what you'd like to fix or not. Anyway that's just my opinion. Vanilla may not be perfect but it's enjoyable and fun. After a first run you'll be able to make an informed decision.

I'm assuming you won't play this game just once (it would be a pity!) there is enough content and variety to keep someone interested for quite some time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:14 am

Balance in a single player game is a very subjective thing. To someone who thinks the game is too forgiving, "rebalancing" will mean something different from what it means to someone who thinks the game is too punishing.

I recommend playing the game mostly vanilla, and decide for yourself what, if anything, needs tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. I admit I was curious about this particular mod especially as the modder has said he is going to mod FNV again. Do some fixing or upgrading of another one of his mod. Very Happy Fix the lip sync problem, Cara. So far nothing seems to be happening. If so may be some VA work but not for me. Which doesn't disturb me as I am finding recently that I am not that interested in actually voice acting.

Back at Prinim. Those scorpion things are bad news. I have a hard time with them. I now I have a service Rifle that seems to work pretty well but ammo is confusing me. I have a ton of it but not much of anyone type. I would like to sell some of it off but don't know what to keep or what to get rid of. Up to level 4 almost level 5.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 pm

I've read there is a mod that fixes the lip sync on the Nexus since the posibility to create lip files is broken in the Geck...

I know for a fact that the modder you're speaking of doesn't care about going through the process of making lip files (which really takes time) and this is a very good reason not to use mods that add dialogue since nothing breaks immersion like that.

Some modders did get this to work but it's very time consuming.

Don't worry about ammo just yet. Keep the ammo that works for the guns you have. Later on you'll see which ammo you may want to keep. You can stash stuff in Doc Mitchell's house if you want to. Just make sure you don't leave anything that you may want to keep (it's safe but in these games one never knows).

I'm going to be blunt with you but if you are experimenting bugs with only one mod then you should definitely disable it...If I were you I'd start over with a clean game just to be sure. Save corruption can happen when mods are disabled later on.

Quote :
I recommend playing the game mostly vanilla, and decide for yourself what, if anything, needs tweaking.

Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 17997
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

None of the mods in the pack I have use dialogue so that isn't a problem. I was curious because I keep hearing the hype. One I do like is ammo has no weight since I tend to pick up everything when first playing a game that comes in handy. I was hoping the nighttime mod would improve the nighttime. It does sort of.

I am thinking of adding the No Hit Blur mod. I don't like that blur and I would like one that gave me a bedroll. There is one that someone recommended but this is her second time through. That mod is see yourself sleep. I don't care about seeing myself sleep I just want the bedroll. All true adventurers should have bedrolls.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 pm

I've made the mod list for that purpose. The No Blur on Hit mod won't mess up your game.

As far as the sleeping mod... I've tried one like that for Fallout 3 and it created all sorts of problems in my game. I don't know about the FNV version.

As far as Bedrolls I'm pretty sure you can find some on the Nexus. I haven't tried that so I won't comment.

If you want to mess with lip files, check out this guide. I haven't tried it mysefl but perhaps you can find some use for it if you want to get into modding for FNV.

I remember you were asking about companions. I'm more of a One Man Army Fallout player but I've heard great things about Willow, I imagine a bad mod wouldn't get more than 5,000 endorsements.

That being said before you get carried away with mods remember that adding mods on an existing save can lead to all kind of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Smile I saw the No Hit Blur in your mod list and have recommended it to others. See yourself sleep doesn't interest me, I tried one in Oblivion and it added nothing for me. Not even thinking about modding yet.

Willow was recommended by some else who has played it and loves it. Not ready for that yet but thanks for the link.

Next playthrough I will probably mod up a storm. Starting with mods that allow more interesting looking characters.

Hokay, Prinim has a new sheriff getting him pardoned was a bit too easy. In fact getting him was much too easy. My speech isn't that great I just upped it to 30 when I leveled up after getting him as sheriff.

Now to run some kind of errand for the Mohave Outpost. Not the Caravan one, already did that.

I am still having trouble with shooting. I forget about VAT, don't particularly like it as I feel it breaks immersion is a cheat in fact. Haven't found a really good energy weapon, have a pistol. The Service Rifle is pretty good and uses one of the 5.XXX ammos that is fairly plentiful. The Caravan Shotgun is good for some creatures and people. Picked up a lot of dynamite from the Powder Gang but have not used it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 pm

If you're not into shooters it can take a little while to get used to the game (I sucked when I first played Fallout 3). Vats is not a god mode like it is in Fallout 3 and you certainly don't have to use it.

I believe that FNV is almost true to the original Fallout, the big difference is that games nowadays are much more forgiving. The first Fallout would require a major investment in Speech to be able to convince anyone whereas FNV doesn't require such a steep investment.

It's really hard to botch a character in FNV (or Fallout 3) sure you can make mediocre choices at times but you can't cripple a build.

Let's face it modern games are designed so that casual players won't get frustrated. FNV is certainly not a hard game to play but it has cool moments and it gets better with mods.

It took me five minutes playing BG1 to realize how lazy modern games have made us. It's good to find some challenge in games from time to time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Lonesome Road adds a bedroll, but you won't want to start that until your character is pretty high level.

I've used the Willow mod a couple of times, and it's well done, although I prefer the vanilla companions. She's faction neutral, so she's a nice option for a Legion-aligned courier. You will also get a dog companion as a part of her quests.

There's also a Sunny Smiles companion mod that you can use if you sided with Goodsprings against the Powder Gangers. That's a good choice because you can recruit her almost at the start of the game, if you're looking for someone to help with early combat. This also includes her dog as a companion.

As such, between Sunny Smiles and Willow, plus both of their dogs, plus vanilla companions, it's easy to have a small army following you around. I recommend avoiding that, because it makes the game too easy. Sunny is good for getting you through the early stages of the game, and I'd wait on Willow until you've had your fill of the vanilla companions and want to try a Legion playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Srarted FalloutNV
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Atomic Pistoleros-
Jump to: