Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

» Tyranny [no spoilers]
by Carabas Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 pm

» Mass Effect Andromeda
by Carabas Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is kaay

Our users have posted a total of 25166 messages in 639 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

[Art] The Cogno Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanielCoffey
Conjuror

PostSubject: [Art] The Cogno Project   Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 pm

THE COGNO PROJECT - WORLD OF WARCRAFT

I would like to introduce you all to ... drumroll please... "The Cogno Project". This is the secret diary and scrapbook of the Greatest Warlock of All Time, Cogno the Megalomaniac, the Magnificent, the Malificent... oh alright, the Midget.

While searching for ways to practice and improve my Photoshop skills, I stumbled across the Scrapbooking Community. Apparently (especially in America) there are an enormous number of people who keep Scrapbooks (or Memory Books) of events such as holidays, weddings, new babies, school sports days, family pets etc. Just about anything is suitable material for a Scrapbook. With the advent of affordable digital cameras and of course applications like Photoshop, the Scrapbooking hobby has made the transition into the Digital Age... cue Digi-scrapping.

My first thoughts were along the lines of "Oh no, pictures of people's babies and pets online! Aargh!" but then I reconsidered. You could digi-scrap ANYTHING. Absolutely ANYTHING. Even Cogno could have a scrapbook. Yes, I know, an imaginary scrapbook of an imaginary character in a roleplaying *game* but hey, there are no hard and fast rules in the digi-scrapping community and it would train me to use Photoshop better. I ran the idea past two of the Scrapbook forums and they advised me to go for it.

I started displaying the pages on the Wyrd Angles guild forum and by the time I had finished and closed down the thread, it had received just over SIX THOUSAND hits!

So... here it is - eleven pages of "The Cogno Project".

The original images were 3000 pixels square (10" x 10" at 300dpi for printing) but I have HEAVILY reduced and compressed them for web viewing. Click the thumbnails below to show the 1200x1200 web images which should be around 400Kb in size...

Please also remember that these pictures were created back in 2007 and WoW looks a LOT different now.

=== CLICK TO VIEW FULL SIZE IMAGES ===

The Cover

Title Page

A Postcard from Loch Modan

Memories of Gnomeregan

The Imp with the Ego

Why Me?

A Demon of Distinction

The Jack of Hearts

Wittel Esterhaus

A Beast and His Mate

End of an Era

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [Art] The Cogno Project   Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:06 pm

This is absolutely amazing. I'm going to take the time to read it at leisure, thanks for posting it here.

I don't know if you can read French but something in the design reminds me of an RPG gameworld for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons that was published in a French magazine back in the early 90s (I could only find this link).

DanielCoffey
Conjuror

PostSubject: Re: [Art] The Cogno Project   Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:14 pm

I am pleased that you like the pics. There are several months of work in there - I was struggling to learn to use Photoshop Elements at the time. I did upgrade to CS3 for the similar project I did for my EQ2 character... but that will have to wait... *evil grin*

The French gameworld makes me think of the art style in Labyrinth... well worth getting on bluray if you haven't got it already.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: [Art] The Cogno Project   Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Anything good always takes time and efforts. I imagine it must have been quite a task but the result is really good and works very nicely with the text. Splendid work if I may say so.

I didn't think of this movie before but your comment is spot on (the inspiration for this gameworld came from Rhialto the Marvellous by Jack Vance but it's true the design can be said to bear many similarities with Labyrinth).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Art] The Cogno Project   

Back to top Go down

[Art] The Cogno Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: From Zane Grey's Desk :: Stories by the fire-
Jump to: