Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pillars of Eternity

Go down 
+4
RYUchan
DanielCoffey
dragoniguana
Kana
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:08 pm

"If I'm not supposed to touch him, why is he so soft?"

Eder will also comment on vanity pets equipped by the player, like the aforementioned dog.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:29 pm

The only companion so far that I do not care for is Durance but I think he is important. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who take. Eder naturally, I like the Chanter because he is really good and has staying power.

I found chest in a cave which I could not loot. It had camping gear I wanted but it would unload. So far no major bugs for me.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:36 pm

I love Durance, just because I find his excessive, hammy creepiness kinda hilarious. "THE FLAAAAAAME!" As I mentioned, Eder is my bro, and I love Sagani, mostly because her voice actress is fantastic. Aloth is pretty great, too. Out of all my party members I have right now, I could only see myself phasing out Kana and Durance, though odds are I'll just stay with this same party for most of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:51 pm

I like Kana makes me think of Cara. He is the PoE equivalent of a Frenchman. Course I don't have much experience with Frenchmen or women either. Very Happy

I have met the eighth companion but have no idea how to get as a companion. I assume it will be a quest but I haven't gotten the quest.

For better or worse I am now definitely on the side of the Crucible Knights.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:55 am

Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 13493

I do like Kana (I thought he was Hawaiian). He makes a lot of noise but he did save my hide with his gun on a few occasions. Smile

The one guy that I'm not too fond of is Hiravias mostly because I'm not using him right. It seems to me that he requires a lot of micromanagement to be of any use. I've only kept him for a little while but I've noticed that he would be the first guy to bite the dust if I didn't babysit him all the time.

My problem is that I don't really have a rotating spot to switch characters around. I can't picture my party without Aloth and Edér... Kana and Sagani are just too cool and provide some nice support in battle. That leaves me with one spot and I'm hesitating between Durance and the Grieving Mother. I like Durance's creepiness but I also like the Grieving Mother's eery quality. I think that I may go with Durance for the time being because the zealot somehow reminds me of Tiax (in a more serious and creepy way).

Ever since I've met Sagani I've dismissed my Shar Teel dwarf lookalike but I do miss her. Still, having her back at the stronghold to keep the riff raff away can't possibly hurt.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Kana is French. Cultured, polite, knows which fork to use for what. Who invented forks, who was able to combine the culture from the Mediterraean and that from the North? Who had old women knitting at the guillotine while chatting about their children and grand children?

When I planned the trip to France I was told not to go because they, the French, hated us and would be difficult to deal with. Those who said that were wrong. Outside of my problem with pink duck they were great, helpful, friendly, polite. I had a couple of clashes in England and in Italy but none in France. What other country could Kana be from? He knows he is superior to the others but tries not to be rude or offensive. He is tolerant of the others, realizing that they have not had the advantages of his inheritance. The only thing that excites him is knowledge and Very Happy a buxom lass.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Can't argue about the buxom lass. Razz

That being said many of my countrymen are rude and obnoxious louts. It takes all kinds I'm afraid... Sad

I think that when it comes to Kana I've always thought about Hawaii because of the names sounding Hawaiian and exotic. I like the fact that they chose to picture Kana as highly cultured. It's fun that the biggest guy around is also the most knowledgeable. It goes against the stereotype of the big bad hulking brute which is only to be expected in this game.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Yes, I like that ogres are intelligent and not just grunt an smash beasts. This game has so many layers. In just that opening part before you become a Watcher I know of three quests that are hidden and depend on how much exploring you do in the ruins. Well maybe technically only two but you pick up or can pick up three quest items.

This is not a game to be rushed.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 pm

The more I play this game, the more I really like the world Obsidian's created. I hope they get to expand on it as much as possible, because I'm dying to know more.

I'd really kill for a map of the entire known world, not just the Eastern Reach.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 12:38 am

One thing that intrigued me was that they set in the Southern hemisphere. Most games are set the Northern so this was a nice change.OE is working on an expansion. That may take a while though.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Yeah, Bioware did the same thing, setting Dragon Age in the southern hemisphere. From what I can gather, most civilized lands seem to be in the southern hemisphere, but I think it's mentioned that Aedyr is on the equator, so I'm wondering if any lands to the north have been explored.

I'm also wondering how many continents there are, what they look like, where they are in relation to each other, etc. As far as I can gather, there seem to be two main continents - the one that Aedyr is on and the one that holds Eastern Reach where the game takes place, as well as Rauatai and maybe the Living Lands. There are also a bunch of islands further south, like the Deadfire Archipelago, those that hold Old Vailia, and the White that Wends even further south, which I'm guessing is near Eora's southern pole.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 4:22 pm

I haven't seen a map of the whole world. I believe the expansion is going to add areas to the map.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Patch 1.04 is out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:28 pm

Do you know what they did?  I haven't hit any major bugs and only a very few minor ones.  Playing today the game seemed easier but that could also be because I am getting a little better at strategy.

Found the patch notes on the official forum. Nothing major in my opinion. A lot of minor fixes of various kinds.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:30 am

I had a link to the patch notes in my post above. If I click on "Patch 1.04" it takes me directly to the right page. scratch

The one thing I'd like them to improve is the pathfinding. It's not such a big deal when you're babysitting your guys (as you should) but seeing a character move in the opposite direction when you unpause the game gets old rather quickly.

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:56 am

Sorry, takes a couple of days for my eye to get back to normal after the injection and I missed the link. Found it though.

After playing TES games for four or five years I find the pathfinding refreshing. Some yes but nothing that major except when the guy starts wandering off at the most peculiar times. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 2:34 pm

It's good to play some new isometric RPGs. Games like this one, Divinity OS, Shadowrun, Wasteland 2. Smile

My only problem with this game is the pathfinding though. At times it can be really aggravating.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 2:59 pm

PoE devs haven't used the word navimesh as far as I know but it may be because of that. Navimesh takes a lot of programming expertise and can be hard to work with. Things can look great but suddenly something weird happens that the programmer missed.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 am

Someone has made a mod that makes it possible to play the game in two languages. Here is a link to the PoE thread. I have not tried it but it looks interesting. Learn a new language well sort of.
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80849-bilingual-pillars-of-eternity-learn-languages-while-playing/#entry1715873
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 am

It can help people who are struggling but IMHO if you really want to learn it's better to play in the target language directly (and use a dictionary when you get stuck).

That being said the idea is interesting and judging by the screenshots the execution looks fine.

Nice find Nakia. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 2:59 pm

If I did use the mod I would make the primary language the one I wanted to learn and the secondary English.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 4:31 pm

I did learn a few things from playing games in English so I guess it could be beneficial. It would make sense to make the primary language your target language.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:10 am

Brandon Adler posted this on the official forum
Quote :
I am currently working on getting an Update 2.0 beta build together for you guys. That should be up sometime this week.

I know at times it can seem like we aren't posting information, but it isn't because we have forgotten about you guys. We are still working on the expansion, but when we feel like we have something more solid to talk about and show we will do so.

We are very appreciative of what our backers have done for us, but we don't always have the resources to update as much as we would like.

Thanks for the understanding and patience.

Looks like we may have an actual update in a few weeks.  Hopefully.  Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:40 am

Fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads up Nakia. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Brandon Adler announced today the following:
Quote :
Hey, guys. The beta is going to go out on Monday. Without getting into the technical reasons there was a bug that was introduced that was causing some conversations to have incorrect speakers. It isn't a huge issue, but I would prefer to get it fixed before releasing the Update to you guys.
So if all goes well we should be seeing the actual update patch in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillars of Eternity
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next