Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Nakia's Babblings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 Empty
PostNakia's Babblings

Hi y'all,

This will just be a rambling blog where I post up what ever is on my mind. Similar to a status report. You know "the weather is terrible". Whatever is on my mind...

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Nakia's Babblings :: Comments

Triactus
Re: Nakia's Babblings
Post Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 pm by Triactus
That video looks amazing! Can't wait to try the game out! Does anyone know the release date?
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:41 am by Nakia the Rogue
All I know is sometime in 2017 unless they change it again.
Carabas
Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:33 am by Carabas
Considering they've been working on it for ages and there have been rumors about it for years 2017 sounds pretty good.

Besides considering the huge gap between Warband and the first game my expectations are pretty high.

I just hope the improvements won't just be about adding eye candy to the game, that's not what M&B is about.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:54 am by Nakia the Rogue
I think I am about to get in an argument with an atheist.  Not about belief or non belief.  On a video I posted that people who have religious beliefs that are not fundamentalist need to join the movement to stop fundamentalist from forcing their belief by passing laws that would negate the separation of church and state.  I was told that to "stop encouraging them".  

I am starting to suspect that there may be something hard wired into our brains that makes us feel we have the right to tell others what to think.  Anyone has the right to disagree with me but they do not have the right to tell me to stop having my own opinions and yes even beliefs.  What I believe or do  not believe is my personal decision.

All the word atheist means is that one does not believe in a god.  That is all.  It says nothing about who or what one is except being an atheist.

Hokay, shut up, Nakia, you ramble on two much.

Added: Maybe Carl Sagan has answered my question, my concern.
https://youtu.be/lGds93obhpM
Carabas
Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:19 pm by Carabas
I need to watch this when I have the time.

Being French I'm used to people being atheists. To be honest over here the majority of Catholics only go to church on big occasions and are not really into the whole liturgy. My girl says that most people only get their kids baptised out of habit, tradition and superstition rather than belief.

They say there are no atheists in foxholes but personally I find that agnosticism has more merit than atheism.

I really want to believe in a higher power but when I see all the terrible things that happen everyday the idea of a benevolent deity becomes more and more difficult to uphold.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:51 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I don't like most labeling and consider myself agnostic. My opinion is that human beings make up gods, personal gods then someone comes along and makes of doctrine and starts preaching. Looking at what I know of history it seems to me that religion and power are interwoven. Divine right of kings sort of thing.

Many people join churches because it gives you a close knit community, a support group, friends, job and business contacts. I do know people who have been aided by religious beliefs to be better, to over come addictions.

Probably because I was not indoctrinated a child to believe a certain way I am not as understanding as I should be of those who have had to struggle to give up their religious beliefs and have lost friends and even family.

I am anti fundamentalist. Mainly because they are so vocal, so nasty, so cruel and want to make laws fostering their own religious beliefs. I see no reason why I should have to identify myfelf aas an atheist in order to feel that way. I see no reason why I should need to attack rational, logical practitioners of a religion.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 am by Nakia the Rogue
Here is a marvelous video on lige on earth that is both very funny and very serious. It is over an hour long but well worth the time to watch it. Actually you can do something else and just listen might miss a little but what is important is what is said.
Carabas
Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:52 pm by Carabas
I can't see the link, I'll have to check it out later. Thanks Nakia. Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:54 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Sorry I must not have pasted the link:

https://youtu.be/_ZG8HBuDjgc
Carabas
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:25 pm by Carabas
Thank you Nakia! Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:21 am by Nakia the Rogue
I get the feeling that Trump is out to antagonize European nations but am probably wrong. It seems obvious to me that he has a loose connection between his brain and his mouth. Well a loose connection somewhere in his brain.

I wonder if we will survive his term in office. I don;t think the President can be impeached for being stupid. Besides it is actually the electorate that is stupid. I think I am voting Democratic across the board this mid-term election. Not that I think the Dems are that great but at least that might send a message to the Republicans if we can vote more Democrats in. This is depressing. We have had presidents that I didn't like but this guy scares me.
Carabas
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:10 pm by Carabas
The good thing for us Europeans is that nobody in Europe can rely on the US right now so it makes a lot more sense to look for support from our neighbours instead of counting on the US (it must feel pretty lonely for the Brits right now). In Europe the only ones who are happy about Trump being in office are far right extremists and populists.

Obviously Trump doesn't give a damn. The only thing that could be worse would be for him to be impeached simply because at this point it's pretty obvious to everyone on the planet that Trump is a megalomaniac bully craving for attention and nobody can take him seriously. If he were impeached it would mean putting the VP in charge and that would be a lot worse considering who that is.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:51 pm by Nakia the Rogue
You definitely have a point. That might even be worse for us who believe in freedom of speech and the separation of church and state.

It is now up to the younger voters to step forward and decide who is to lead us into the future. They are the ones who are responsible for their future but do they realize that That is the big question.

I haven't followed up on it but I did read that Mexico elected a man for president who is anti Trump. So we can't look to Mexico to jump when we say jump.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:17 am by Nakia the Rogue
On a more pleasant topic, Egypt. It has always fasanated me. What other country can claim to have existed for 5000 years? Woman had rights unknown in most of world. A lot has been discovered in just the last twenty years. New technology gives us new knowledge.

Here is one of many documentaries:
https://youtu.be/ck9eSZ018Tw
Carabas
Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm by Carabas
The video looks pretty good but the comments on youtube are moronic, racist and obnoxious... Serves me right for looking at youtube comments. Sad

I'll have to watch the video later though. I had such a great time playing Assassin's Creed Origins (I simply love this setting).
Nakia the Rogue
Post Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:42 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I didn't read the comments.  Only watched the video.

added: Another interesting video. Not sure what it proves but certainly interesting.
https://youtu.be/M7Ybp9nQJaA
Carabas
Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 am by Carabas
Never even heard of this site. Thank you Nakia! Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:37 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I have only seen the one video on the above site so I have no idea if the conculsions reached are verifiable or not.  It seems to me that if this is such a unique find that it should be mentioned more at least in passing.  Of course I may have missed other comments regarding it.  I will keep searching.

I did find this video. Saw one that had excavator being interviewed but I am trying to find third unbiased experts.
https://youtu.be/8iooYg0LVsU
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 am by Nakia the Rogue
Google often surprises me. It came up with this video. We move nearer to modern times and to Europe.

https://youtu.be/Gwk71FP19K4
Carabas
Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:21 pm by Carabas
Nice, you have a knack for finding cool videos. Wink
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Laughing  No, Google sometimes comes up with a really good one.  Although lately it has been coming up with videos trying to prove that the bible is the WORD OF GOD.    Did see one I thought was interesting.  Seems the version of the old testament we used is based on a somewhat corrupted ancient manuscript.  The eart is 600 years older than the creationist say it is.  Well, well, what can I say. Sorry I didn't copy the link or bookmark it.  If just absolutely need to know the details proving this I can try and find it for you. Nakia's Babblings - Page 15 988386
Carabas
Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:55 pm by Carabas
I'm good, thank you. Smile

Just pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Odyssey, as far as I can remember I've been fascinated by Ancient Greece and Greek Mythology. Can't wait to see how it will work out in game (Assassin's Creed Origins did an amazing job with Ancient Egypt).
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:33 am by Nakia the Rogue
That sounds interesting. The Greeks were amazing. The knowledge they had was great. The educated ones knew the earth was a sphere yet they populated the world with fantastic gods and heroes. Imagination is important in our development even when it leads to fantasy.
Carabas
Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 pm by Carabas
Definitely! As a kid I was fascinated by all these tales and spent many hours poring over all the different accounts of these myths and legends. I still remember most of it even if I've forgotten some of the details and some of the names. I wish there were more games set in an ancient world setting. Medieval times are interesting for different reasons but variety is good and the very idea of sailing the Aegean sea by proxy while my character is wearing an  ancient breastplate and carrying a spear and a shield is incredibly appealling to me! It's the little things that count. Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:03 am by Nakia the Rogue
Yes it is the little things that count. Living near that area have you visited any of the ruins? Sat on a hilltop and dreamed of those ancient times?
Post  by Sponsored content

Nakia's Babblings

Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: From Zane Grey's Desk :: The Belle Sakura Saloon Blog Thingy-
Jump to: