Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Titan Quest Immortal Throne
by Sue77 Today at 3:25 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Yesterday at 9:18 am

» Divinity: Original Sin 2
by Carabas Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 pm

» Assassin's Creed Origins
by Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 pm

» ChinaDroid review - VKWorld Mix Plus
by BlackZarak Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

» Why the original Fallout is still my favourite game 13 years later
by Carabas Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 pm

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

» Fallout: New California/Project Brazil
by Carabas Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

» XCOM 2 First Impressions
by Carabas Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25554 messages in 643 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Nakia's Babblings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostNakia's Babblings

Hi y'all,

This will just be a rambling blog where I post up what ever is on my mind. Similar to a status report. You know "the weather is terrible". Whatever is on my mind...

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.forums-dragoncaptions.com/index.php
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Nakia's Babblings :: Comments

Re: Nakia's Babblings
Post on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Yes, it could still happen. But I am old and the fear and the solution passes to your generation. Can people put aside their fanatical hates and think in terms of a world that is one? We can reach around the world no via the Internet. TV does bring instant coverage of events.

I can chat live with a young man from Russia discovering that we think much alike. On the Internet the generation gap, the cultural gap, the national gap can fall away. If we are willing to listen, to discuss to exchange peacefully opinions we can learn from one another. We can be friends.

Fallout does not need to become real.
Post on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:19 pm by Carabas
The problem is not what people think, it's big money. In the Fallout universe the war starts because of competition for natural ressources. Greed is something that fuels wars.

I can't say I'm optimistic. We live in a crazy world in which the dollar is the new Godhead.
Post on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Ever since humans entered the picture the world has been crazy. Where ever or how ever they evolved or were created they have spread. Seeking the migrating prey, looking for fertile lands, then other resources. As long as we are divided into Us and them we will have wars. Religion has fueled wars, the need to feel superior also fuels wars. We can now do it on a world wide scale. Technology has brought us many good things but it has also brought us the ability to destroy ourselves.
Post on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:48 pm by Carabas
All the technology that is needed for destruction is a guy with a club or a jawbone.

It's human nature that is to be blamed, not technology.

Religion is meant to bring people together. When it comes to war religion is just used as an excuse. Wars are being waged for other reasons mostly greed and thirst for power.
Post on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I both agree and disagree with you. A man with a club or a jawbone can cause destruction to the immediate world around him but not to the whole world. Religion is something that people take very seriously. The desire for power does enter into it at least for the leaders of the religion. Greed? Maybe I am not sure. The greed for power one could say. Humans are the cause of war but the advancements in technology have made it possible to wipe out the world as we know it. The Southern Hemisphere might survie but it would affected by the radiation or for that matter germs that would contaminate the air and ocean waves.
Post on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

I remember as a little kid, the "Adults" talking about the Berlin Wall being built, and the Soviets trying to take over all of Europe. And yes, WWIII was very close to happening in the 3 or 4 years from about 1959 to 1963. The closest we got to burning everything was in the Cuban Missile Crisis, in October 1962. I just turned 6, and all the Adults where scared.

Mr. K
Post on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I once used the word Charisma to describe someone and my usage was totally misunderstood. Someone reinterpreted it to say he was a good kind caring person. Which he was not. He had the ability to inspire people to follow him, even to believe he was a friend. The word is hard to define. Here is the Online dictionary definition.
Quote :
cha·ris·ma [kuh-riz-muh]
noun, plural cha·ris·ma·ta [kuh-riz-muh-tuh] .
1.Theology . a divinely conferred gift or power.
2.a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
3.the special virtue of an office, function, position, etc., that confers or is thought to confer on the person holding it an unusual ability for leadership, worthiness of veneration, or the like.
Also, char·ism [kar-iz-uhm]

Origin:
1635–45; < Late Latin < Greek, equivalent to char- (base of cháris favor, charízesthai to favor; akin to yearn, exhort) + -isma -ism
Synonyms charm, magnetism, presence.

Charisma in itself is neither good or bad it is how the person uses it. Some people will be fanatically drawn to the person others may not. It is a dangerous gift to have both for the wielder and for his or her followers. It can be learned at least to some extant.
Post on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:34 am by Kana
Indeed, some of the most charismatic people in society are sociopaths. Most totalitarian dictators are also very charismatic. They use their charisma to dominate.
Post on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:03 am by Carabas
Sociopaths and psychopaths:

Post on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 am by Nakia the Rogue
Yes, the corporate Psychopath. I have a thread up on this. These people have no actual feeling for others. It is not insanity. Something is actually missing in their brains so that it is impassible for them to feel anything about about other people. Enabling them, supporting them is the biggest mistake we make. They are charismatic, charming and do not have normal human feelings.

Even more scary to me is that normal people are being turned into psychopaths by the use of legal drugs. Depressed? Take a drug and you will feel better. Legal drugs are prescribed by doctors which dampen down our feelings. I have watched this video very carefully four or five times. I think the best part is the ending.

I know from experience how easy it is to be fooled and how hard it can be to cut the tie that binds one to the psychopathic person. The person who has no real feelings for other people. We keep thinking they will change, that we can help them change. We can't.
Post on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:51 pm by Carabas
The scary part is that psychopaths represent at least 1% of the population.
Post on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:06 pm by Nakia the Rogue
According to this video which is not a casual one but one that has been researched the percentage is now probably higher because of the greater use of drugs to treat depression instead of dealing with the source of the depression. At least in the USA we are now creating psychopaths. That is very scary.
Post on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:46 am by Nakia the Rogue
Some slang words that Oz and the USA have in common. They have the same or similar meaning. Oz is my new word. Smile
Bail out; Beaut, beauty; BYO; Cranky; Corker; Cream; Heaps
No worries; Pink Slip; Reckon; Rip snorter; Thongs; Too right!
Truckie; Veggies
Swag – a traveler’s bundle carrying possessions.

There are probably more and there are also the words I have picked up over the years. Mate, outback, walkabout. I probably misuse them and have adapted them to my own circumstances. I am familiar with some others although I don't have much chance to use them.
Post on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia, and Everybody;

Long thing you only need to read if you want too.
Spoiler:

It takes very little effort to be polite and helpful. But like most things, you have to remember that being polite and helpful can be over done, so you have to take care of yourself and the people that you have responsibilities to first, and be polite as often as you possibly can, and helpful as long as you don't make yourself a slave to others. Being rude or impolite is something we all must stop being. I know people that act like it is fun to make other people uncomfortable, not to help them do something they need to do, but just to see them be uncomfortable. If we as individuals see ourselves not being polite at all times, we need to think about taking steps to be more polite. And if we find ourselves trying to manipulate someone without thinking about how it will help, or hurt the other person, we need to find a different path to influence people, and probably realize that we are being manipulative, and somewhere higher than we need to be on the sociopath scale.

Just remember that a Psychopathic person probably thinks most people are like themselves, and they don't have any sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. They just don't see the world as most people do. They see You as a target for manipulation for fun and profit.

Mr. K
Post on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Read the whole thing, Mr. K. I think you got it right. Nothing I can add to that. I did do research on the researchers and they have excellent credentials.
Post on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:43 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

You need to contact [JBJ]Otellino on Steam, he wants your Voice for a Ghoul he is adding to his Mod project.

You remember Otellino, he has teamed with CNC for several Mod projects.

They are looking for other Female Voices, I know Sue, and... What!?! My Brain has packed up and left on vacation.

I have done some lines for this Mod and for an old FO3 Mod, that I can't remember.

Very good Modders, it would be nice to work with them.

Mr. K
Post on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Otellino is a member here and can reach me either here or on DC. I will post this on his Steam profile. A Ghoul? They just grunt don't they? Thanks for telling me. He could also reach Dark Rogue on Riskardland.
Post on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:50 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Some changes are being made in my life. Mark is moving in with me. Mark is moving in with me and for those who don't know Mark is a friend not a romatic interest. Over the next few weeks I will be occupied with this. Right now he and a friend are here moving furniture around. Lots of cleaning out and getting rid of things I'll be around probably later tonight.
Post on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:21 pm by Trip
Told you, you should get a toyboy Wink
Post on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:57 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Very Happy Somehow Mark does not fit my idea of a toyboy. Too stubborn for one thing. However he is great for other things. Very handy at wires and plumbing.
Post on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

Mark sounds like a good addition to your household. Maybe just say he is your Butler.

Anyway; the two of you living in the same house, should save some on living expenses, just remember that being in the same house, and using the same kitchen, and bathroom, can be a real challenge, so be patient, and tolerant.

Mr. K
Post on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:47 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Mark has the lavatory so that is no problem. We just have to share the shower. The kitchen and meals may be a problem. He keeps trying to make Mexican food. It tastes alright but is very bland not Mexican. I don't think he has ever heard of refried beans or salsa sauce either. I know he is going to try and feed me thinking he is helping me. Haven't figured out how to handle that yet. It nice when he does during things like Frankentstorm Sandy or occasionally but not as a steady diet.

There will be a shake down period. He has his own space and I have mine. He has outside interests and buddies so won't be around all the time.
Post on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia, and tell Mark I said Hi;

Mexican Food is a type of food that looks like something you could fake, but if you know one of the Mexican food types, any fake Mexican food is just that, Fake. I am sorry you have to have that. Look-up Tex-Mex food recipes, on Google, there just has to be some good ones you could point at him. It is the Spice Profile that is hard to get right.

Mr. K
Post on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 am by Nakia the Rogue
Hi Mr. K,

Part of the problem, maybe the main problem is that he doesn't eat spicy foods. Seems to have some digestive problems. Even his Italian food I find a bit bland. Good but no kick to it. Maybe I can teach him to make quesadillas. Elaine's mother called them Mexican pizzas. Smile

Good Mexican or Tex-Mex food is hard to fine out of the Southwest. I should have him check that Mexican Restaurant not far from us. It had good food. We had a restaurant in Brooklyn that on certain days had excellent Mexican food. I think they had different chefs and you had to hit the right night.

My first quesadilla was in Phoenix a little hole in the wall place not worth calling a restaurant owned by Mexicans and run by their sun. Little side note. He said he took Spanish in school and had a hard time passing it.
Post on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:12 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia, and all food lovers;

Mexican food is not all spicy hot, but most of it has at lest some kick to it. But how spicy it is is up to you, make it as hot as you want, some like it not so hot, some like with just a little heat, and some people are just crazy, same dish, different levels of heat. I love Mexican Seafood; Seafood enchiladas, grilled shrimp Fajitas, Fish Tacos, man-o'-man now that's good eatin'!

Here is Alton Brown's Fish Tacos: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/fish-taco-recipe/index.html

Mr. K, a food dude from way back, "I've been eating good food all my life."
Post  by Sponsored content

Nakia's Babblings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: From Zane Grey's Desk :: The Belle Sakura Saloon Blog Thingy-
Jump to: