Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Forest Fire, a true story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

The Forest Fire, a true story Empty
PostSubject: The Forest Fire, a true story   The Forest Fire, a true story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 am

Here is a story my grandfather told me.

He and my grandmother were pioneering in Idaho. He was working as a lumberjack when there was a large forest fire. The lumberjacks were called in to help fight the fire. He was sent out to rescue people. He found a lone women in a cabin and they started out to safety when the fire came roaring at them. He expected them to be dead in minutes. The women looked up at advancing flames and said "Oh, how beautiful." The wind shifted and the flames turned and went a different direction.

My grandfather believed that God heard her and was impressed by her reaction that He decided to save her and my grandfather along with her.

My grandfather was not an overly, zealous religious person. He never talked about religion in any of the orthodox ways but just quietly believed.

Note: Constructive criticism is allowed here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The Forest Fire, a true story
Page 1 of 1