Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Opinion of Console Games

Go down 
+5
RYUchan
dragoniguana
Lndf117
Trip
Nakia the Rogue
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion of Console Games   Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Quote :
You know what a console is? It's a low end PC that is mass produced and meant to work on TVs with a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse. The good thing is that it's supposed to be plug and play so anyone should be able to use one and have the same gaming experience, the bad thing is that it's not very useful outside of entertainment.

Performance wise you can plug in a controller and use some HDMI cable to set a decent computer on a widescreen TV and you will get better performance than any console on the market today (with the added bonus of being able to use mods).

Console exclusives don't justify getting a console IMHO.

Nearly exactly what I said.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Opinion of Console Games   Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:03 am

I would really like to play Bloodborne, but not enough to pay 400 dollars or whatever for a PS4. Especially when that's the only console exclusive I have any interest in. I hope Sony will eventually allow a PC port.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Opinion of Console Games   Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:34 am

Most likely it eventually be ported, but then again this is Sony we're talking about, the same company which releases a 1200$ Walkman and memory cards for "premium sound".

They have a tendency to be twats.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Opinion of Console Games   Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:56 am

They keep exlusive titles as long as they can so when they do port them people who already have them on the console will buy them again. See how they are currently promoting GTA5, it would seem the original console version is chopped liver compared to the PC.

There is another big drawback with consoles by the way, loading times...
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Opinion of Console Games   Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 8:11 am

Double-dipping is a crass tactic. Then again, if you're enough of a twat to buy the same game twice, you deserve to get ripped off. The only exception I can think of would be old games where the original media might no longer work, like my copy of LoLG, and the M&M collection from HB.

Loading times? One more reason to get a PC.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Opinion of Console Games   Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:46 am

There are exceptions, I still have several physical copies of Fallout 1 and 2 (including the original boxes from the 90s) and I also have them on GOG. Smile

The shameful business model that they are putting forward these days is releasing a better version of an existing game to cash in on users who've been playing right from the start (it happened with Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex HR, Dark Souls 2, State of Decay, the Metro series).

It's like Steam taking a 30% cut when it's sometimes possible to find a better price if you're willing to buy a physical copy at the shop around the corner.

Some things are only worth getting on sales and that's another point in favour of computers. Console games are really overpriced. I guess it's easier to rent or trade in games for consoles but even on full priced new releases the difference can be rather important.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion of Console Games   Opinion of Console Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinion of Console Games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2