Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Elder Scrolls - A look back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

The Elder Scrolls - A look back Empty
PostSubject: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 am

This video covers the Elder Scrolls from 1994 to 2011/ Just a little reminiscence.
Back to top Go down
Chris-919
Visitor
Chris-919

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Yeah its interesting to look back on these. Arena is kind of forgettable but Daggerfall was great in its day. I think it was the first one that gave you first person view on horses. When Morrowind came out and the lore stated that Dunmer don't use horses I missed that aspect. Of course the game is still great even to this day.
Someone actually did a great first person horse mod for Skyrim unfortunately the latest patches have busted it. Damn shamn.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowness.com/Chris-919
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Busted mods is the story of Skyrim official patches. Which is why I haven't installed some of the mods. Now maybe Beth will move on to something else and the modders can start fixing their mods and the game. Who knows it might actually become fun to play again. I love the music and the landscape.
Back to top Go down
Chris-919
Visitor
Chris-919

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm

They already have moved on, Toddler Howard and Co are busy butchering Fallout 4. Its the beta team that do all the Skyrim patching and DLC which is why the effort is always so half-arsed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Yeah, I was not happy to hear they were doing Fallout 4. Is there any hope that they may listen to the PC fans and come up with something tolerable? That doesn't need eight or more patches to semi-fix.
Back to top Go down
Chris-919
Visitor
Chris-919

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Yeah, I was not happy to hear they were doing Fallout 4. Is there any hope that they may listen to the PC fans and come up with something tolerable? That doesn't need eight or more patches to semi-fix.

Are you kidding we're talking about Bethesda. They create an innovative game like Morrowind and over the years have done a progressive streamlining (call it dumbing down if you like) of their games. With Todd Howard at the helm its gone from bad to worse. The best versions of Fallout are 1 and 2 done by Black Isle because they're dark, adult, violent and allow choices. When Beth got its hands on the franchise it went some place else namely railroading quests and exploding body parts.

I mean even though I've now modded Skyrim into some semblance of enjoyment take the most stupid quest ever. Go to Falkreath a guy asks you to take the ashes of his relation to the priest. Usually the Priest is sat next to him in the inn or outside. Come back to quest giver and receive 250 gold. I guess Mr Howard assumes all players are brain dead morons.

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 pm

I hate to say this but Mr. T. Howard and Bethesda are from the USA. Many USA game players are brain dead morons. If it isn't fast and flashy it isn't worth playing. Someone on the Obsidian Project Eternity forum did a pole of where the backers were from. It was a bit of a questionable poll because it included Antarctica and 13 people last time I counted said they were from there. However about 2/3 rds or more of the backers who answered the poll were from Europe. That does indicate something.
Back to top Go down
Chris-919
Visitor
Chris-919

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Your logic isn't sound I'm afraid because Black Isle Studios were based in California.

A lot of games are American and I don't think its accurate to say they're all dumbed down rubbish. I don't happen to like the practice but in fairness its purely the financial considerations of any big business. In this day and age a game has to be commercially viable and target as many people as possible.

Thats why Skyrim was streamlined. In some ways its a good thing because it gets more people into RPG games but at the same time it annoys all the old hands who see it as limiting roleplaying and gameplay.

To be honest I've bought far better Indie games than AAA titles this year. Being an Indie developer allows you to make what you want and you don't have to pander to an over zealous publisher.

I guess thats why Kickstarter is a good thing. Looking forward to David Braben's new Elite game if it gets done. I won't rush out and sign up for a lot of these kickstarter projects because part of me doubts that some will ever get finished. I guess I'm just cynical.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Actually my logic is based on what happened with a German game series that I loved. Because the first game took a lot of micro-management the reviewers panned it and it did not go over well in the USA. I bought the series from either a Canadian supplier or from a UK one. The game just didn't move fast enough for the USA people. I actually had some minor arguments with a couple of reviewers.

The gaming community is getting older but it is true that publishers are in it only to make money so they do target as many people as possible. Some of the Black Isle people I believe are part of the current Obsidian so hope reigns there.

Bethesda and Bioware are names only now. I just hope Obsidian can pull this one off.
Back to top Go down
analog_relic
Visitor
analog_relic

PostSubject: Curious   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:04 am

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Actually my logic is based on what happened with a German game series that I loved. Because the first game took a lot of micro-management the reviewers panned it and it did not go over well in the USA. I bought the series from either a Canadian supplier or from a UK one. The game just didn't move fast enough for the USA people. I actually had some minor arguments with a couple of reviewers.

The gaming community is getting older but it is true that publishers are in it only to make money so they do target as many people as possible. Some of the Black Isle people I believe are part of the current Obsidian so hope reigns there.

Bethesda and Bioware are names only now. I just hope Obsidian can pull this one off.

What game series? I'm nosy AR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls - A look back   The Elder Scrolls - A look back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls - A look back
Page 1 of 1