Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Crusaders Kings 2
by Triactus Today at 5:00 pm

» Civ 4 Mods
by Carabas Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41 am

» Assassin's Creed Odyssey
by Carabas Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 pm

» Pathfinder Kingmaker
by Carabas Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:53 pm

» Nakia's Babblings
by kaay Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:41 pm

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Zarak Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:15 am

» BG Trilogy or Enhanced Edition
by Carabas Wed May 30, 2018 7:00 pm

» A New Beginning
by Carabas Mon May 28, 2018 2:36 pm

» Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire
by Carabas Thu May 24, 2018 8:05 pm

» Deadfire Scavenger Hunt
by Carabas Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 am

» Zarak's various Minecraft builds
by Carabas Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:41 am

» Mods for Skyrim
by Carabas Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:31 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is fallout44

Our users have posted a total of 26351 messages in 656 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Crusaders Kings 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:01 pm

As I was saying, it's just different play styles. And that's the beauty of CK2. The game enables you to play it as you see fit and still get the results you want. I'm a very straightforward person IRL, so my aggressive play style reflects that. And that's why I'm liking playing as Norse pagans so much.

I've also made use of the seducer focus in my After the end mod playthrough. In the québécois culture's default (fictionnal) religion (a branch of christianity), the priests are women. I've conquered 5 or 6 québécois counties so far, and after gaining a new female priest vassal, I would seduce her, successfully becoming her lover, then demanding she convert to my religion, then break up with her (or continue on as lover, if she has nice attributes i'd want a child to have, though I'd have to legalized the bastard). Even with the "former lover" relationship hit, I'm always in the +70 range. Very Happy  I've also secured a mariage with a quick county holding woman this way. She would only accept a matrilineal marriage, so I seduced her to become her lover, which raised the relationship enough for her to accept a regular marriage.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:17 pm

For the record the way I play has little to do with who I am irl. Razz

I had fun getting the Black Widow achievement for CK2 while playing a female ruler with the seduction focus.

There is also something to be said about being able to keep a rival's skull as an heirloom...

Especially when it's Charlemagne's (who never got a chance to become an Emperor in that game). lol!

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:08 pm

I forgot to answer your post las week, but it made me chuckle. Drinking mead out of Charlemagne's skull is so very CK2... Laughing

I had two very funny things that happened in the same evening while I was playing my After the end mod game. My second character, King of Côte-Nord the cruel, has the trait "lunatic". I had a message that the character wanted to implement a new law. I could decide on what subject : flowers, pants and violence. As he was cruel, I chose violence, but it turns out my character wrote a law that violence against man, woman, child, animal or plant was strictly prohibited in any form under threat of imprisonment. That came with a -5 with all vassals, who were thinking "W....T....F....". Laughing I should have saved before choosing. I really want to know what law about pants my character wanted implement.  Very Happy

But the best was with his father, my first character. He had good martial attributes and even though he was in his mid-sixties, I was still using him as general. Well, he got hit on the head in a battle and became a vegetable. My regent, a vassal, came to see my character, saying "You know, one of your counties should really belong to me. Don't you agree?". And my two answers were : "Stare at wall", which made me lose Baie-des-chaleurs, and "Drools", which made me lose Rivière-du-loup. This is why I love CK2. Laughing

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:00 pm

This is why I love CK2. Wink

The violence thing makes sense since any trespassers will be punished violently (and it says a lot that such a decree is viewed as lunacy).

Nothing is better than making your horse a council member!

The next DLC looks like it will be fun... once it is patched of course as it will likely be broken on day one.

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:09 pm

I was halfway through my post last night when I accidentally closed the browser tab. Mad  Here goes try #2 :

My After the end game was becoming frustrating (factions were spurting up like weeds, regardless of how much money I would throw at the problem). I decided I would return to my very stable viking regime and treat you the great wall of text. Laughing

So the first order of business on Emperess Gyrith the first's plate was to increase her demesne. As she wasn't the late Emperor Vagn's daughter, she didn't inherit claims to his counties. She only got the two capital counties. That means my personal levies went from 6000+ to less than 2000...  :/   My first target was  one of Vagn's daughter, who inherited Holland and went independent. Well, not for long... Wink  But I was now at 3 counties and that was still low. I sent my chancellor try to fabricate some claims for me. In the meantime, the blot had become available, so I thought that executing prisoners might cheer me up. One of my vassals said he couldn't come for inconciliable religious differences. I was going "wait, what?" I checked him out and, sure enough, that vassal was catholic! And all three of his vassals were catholic too. Since I am allowed to revoke titles based on religion, I gave everybody the boot. I created a new vassal for the city and the temple, but kept the castle AND the barony to myself. Both had 1000+ levies. cheers  Along with my conquest of the last county of Brittany not under my control as well as the conquest of the Luxembourg petty kingdom, I was up to my 9 county personal demesne limit in no time! Smile

As a viking, you have the conquest casus belli (which enables you to declare war for a county of a different religion that neighbours your territory or is on the coast). As I reformed the religion, I also have the holy war casus belli (to nab a duchy, at the risk of same religion leaders joining your target). But I noticed I also have the great holy war (a viking crusade to overtake a kingdom, again, at the risk of same religion leaders joining your target. Though I imagine a bigger risk). I noticed this checking my war options for Russia. With glee, I was going to wage a great holy war against them. Since they are slavic, no other leader was going to band up with them, right? Well, wrong as it turns out. Noticed the Russian King converted to catholicism, which means all other catholic leaders could be joining Russia. Sad   But, all is not lost. The leader is 75 and his son is slavic. Well, the King died a year or two later.... but his son had converted to catholicism in the meantime... Neutral   One of my lesser vassals was going at it for a Russian county bordering on our territory, so I declared was on Russian for their capital county (also neighbouring me) out of spite as well as joined my vassals war. It was a loooong war because they would be moving their army so much around. In the end, I prevailed.

I was finishing squashing a peasant revolt when an incredible situation arose : the Carpathian behemoth is in a civil war. The western side of the empire, under the Kingdom of Germany, is fighting for its independence. This is an opportunity I cannot ignore, as Carpathia is slightly too strong for me to take on. I would have liked to join Germany's side in the civil war, but I can't. Next best thing : declaring a holy war on Germany for the duchy of Brunswick (five counties, which would link my Holland duchy and Danemark) AS WELL as a Great holy war on Carpathia for the Ruthenia kingdom, essentially the eastern 40% of the not-rebelling Carpathia.

Spoiler:

I tried to play it out, but to be honest, I'm having some difficulty. It's not even the size of the enemy (which is considerable, to be sure. If they pool their soldiers, they outsize my personal levies+mercenaries+my vassal's levies). But the attrition is killing me! It's a pain in the ass and makes high level fights soooooo much harder. I can't move without incurring massive attrition, so I have to separate my stack into many smaller stacks, which makes it a pain to move around. On the plus side, since the great holy war is a crusader, most of my vassals joined up with their full levies. But like tribal wars, you don't control them and they make very stupid decisions.

While I was fighting, the pope declared a crusade for some of my French territory. Aquitaine and a small time king joined Germany against me, France and Bulgaria joined Carpathia. I made headway against Germany (even fighting off Carpathian armies coming to fight the germans), and I won it in the nick of time (the war score for the german revolt was 100% in favour of Carpathia when I won the duchy). But Carpathia unified their territory and attrition slowed everything to a crawl. I went from a +30% war score against Carpathia to a -36%....:/  

It was going so tediously I was getting frustrated. I know it's cheating, but I decided to reload to just before I declared war and starting over with a different strategy. I'm not sure what that strategy is yet, though. Laughing  Essentially, I will try to declare the same wars, but will try to help Germany as much as I can (the war score is 15% for Carpathia at this point). I want to prevent Carpathia from reunifying. I'm figuring if I beat the crap out of their armies as fast as I can without touching Germany's, I might give them a fighting chance to last longer.

What do you think? Have any advice?

It's a shame I can't make a deal with Germany... Sad I know I'm a filthy pagan trash, but it's not like deals with the devil have never been made in the history of our world...  "Listen, if you fail in your revolt, you'll be imprisoned and probably executed. Yes, I want some of your territory. We'll fight against each other in the future, without a doubt. But for that, you need to be alive tomorrow. And I can guarantee you you'll live to see the next dawn, if you allow me to fight by your side".

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 am

There is no spoon long enough to sup with the devil. Wink

I don't like huge wars myself, is there no other option for mayhem?

Regarding the conflict, couldn't you take advantage of Carpathian being temporary weakened to snag Russia? Since the Carpathian Empire is the largest enemy you have and they are busy with the Germans you may be able to get away with attacking Russia.

Considering you're not playing Ironman there is no real drawback in giving it a try.

I loved the bit about the Catholic vassal refusing to go to the Blot and ending up without a title. Made me chuckle. Laughing

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:54 pm

What's wrong with me? I accidentally closed the tab as I was almost done writting this post. AGAIN. Sad

Carabas wrote:
I loved the bit about the Catholic vassal refusing to go to the Blot and ending up without a title. Made me chuckle. Laughing

I know! Laughing T'was a sheep amongst wolves. Should've kept his mouth shut, I wouldn't have stumbled on him and his vassals otherwise. Smile

Good point about Rus. I hadn't thought about that angle. And it might work, since leaders already fighting a war (Carpathia in this case) don't join other holy wars. Still, I think going after Carpathia is the best move. I want to weaken them as much as I can to future wars (or future holy wars on other leaders where Carpathia joins up) won't be as tough. In the ideal situation, Germany wins their revolt and Carpathia is severely weakened, but that is wishful thinking. Plus, Rus' is mostly composed of small tribal holdings counting more or less 500 levies. That wouldn't have the same long term impact as Ruthenia, being a feudal territory.

Otherwise, I don't think I have that much options to screw up the Carpathians. They wouldn't accept a mariage in any shape or form (and my character has no intrigue), so I think war is my only solution.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 am

I would have gone for Rus but I see that it is not a simple situation. Please try and make the most of it, I'm curious to see how this is going to play out.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Today at 12:43 pm

I've preordered Holy Fury with a 22% discount which brings the cost to a more sensible amount (from DLGamer). Hopefully it will be decent enough and won't break the game because I've been waiting to start CK2 again for quite some time.

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Today at 5:00 pm

Can't wait for your first impressions! The DLC description sounds cool, but I find it's hit and miss with Paradox DLC. Some can we really underwhelming.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   

Back to top Go down

Crusaders Kings 2
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: