Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

» Fallout: New California/Project Brazil
by Carabas Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

» XCOM 2 First Impressions
by Carabas Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:34 pm

» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is kaay

Our users have posted a total of 25344 messages in 640 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Shadowrun Returns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RYUchan
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Returns   Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:57 am

Carabas wrote:
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut is out today and the original game is on sale on steam. If you already own the original DLC you'll get the Director's Cut in your library free of charge (which is a relief considering that lately some newer versions of existing games are being sold with only a minor discount for people who already own the original titles).

From the notes it looks like they've made some solid improvements to the game. We should have more control over what NPCs will carry in their inventories and that's a welcome change.

Finished this game and from what can I see this is a huge step up from DMS. Now this is the RPG I seriously enjoyed playing using my favourite style - melee fighter. The cyberpank atmosphere is great and pretty unique. The choices in the game are very interesting and have huge consequencies, the little touches like having more dialogue options if you have proper skills are very nice. NPC companions are solid, have distinct personalities and have very interesting "personal missions", I especially enjoyed Glory's mission(made me wonder, why there is no matrix equivalent for the mages - astral planes).

I went for the pure melee, chi casting character, without throwing knives or any other ranged/firearm weapon. Only melee and chi(3).
At the end of the game with chi focus, I could place 1-2(rarely 3) hit kills.
Also had 6 Charisma for roleplaying - Security, Corporate and Academic, and a bit of Biotech for dialogue options.

One downside is - Humans have no bonus at all and can't excell in anything. 3 Karma is not that great of a feature, so I increased it to 10 karma  Basketball

Another downside, though it is just personal, you can't make a good melee character and be a decker, so you pretty much must have a decker NPC, which is a bit sad.
Btw it is possible to play DMS on the new engine if you have copies of both games.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Returns   Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:58 pm

Indeed. I'm glad you've enjoyed this game. Smile

I got stuck during the Apex fight because it was a drag with the decker NPC. I was playing on very hard and I ended up hating his guts and hating that fight because it had to be done twice.

I've been meaning to start over with a decker/mage character but I probably won't be able to get through the game before Shadowrun Hong Kong comes out (and it looks like this one is going to be even better).

RYUchan
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Returns   Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Carabas wrote:
Indeed. I'm glad you've enjoyed this game. Smile

I got stuck during the Apex fight because it was a drag with the decker NPC. I was playing on very hard and I ended up hating his guts and hating that fight because it had to be done twice.

I've been meaning to start over with a decker/mage character but I probably won't be able to get through the game before Shadowrun Hong Kong comes out (and it looks like this one is going to be even better).

It was rather easy on hard, I wonder how it would've been on very hard. I was stuck with freaking zombie troll mission. Where I suppose to deliver him and he shoots my partymembers, however if you put him behind there are tons of enemies.

My party was always
I was melee hitter, Eiger - extremely heavy hitter from the distance to compencate for my melee. Dietrich for the +1 AP and +Acc boost, and Blitz - mostly for decking, but he is an average hitter though, Glory is great but she is a medic, if I was a decker, I would go with her, never used her.

Tried Antumbra Saga custom campaign it was surpizingly nice.

Yeah Hong Kong is gonna be released soon, which is rather interesting, since I like oriental themes. Very Happy

Today was working the whole day, while listening to these exellent tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhcoP8SnZZo&feature=youtu.be&t=25m34s
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Returns   Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:08 pm

The music is awesome!

Quote :
Tried Antumbra Saga custom campaign it was surpizingly nice.

Good to know, I'll keep an eye on this one. Smile

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Returns   Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 pm

I've played a little of Shadowrun Hong Kong and it's definitely an improvement over Dragonfall from a gameplay perspective. The beginning is a bit slow but the story is engaging, I just wish there was a bit more information available regarding the character we are supposed to be playing. I have a concept for my guy and I have to twist things around to accommodate the bits of background that the game feeds us...

I've decided to play a decker because I don't like having to rely on NPCs and all I can say is that the matrix runs finally do look like the game within the game that they should have been ages ago and I'm glad they've put some effort into this part of the game.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Returns   

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Returns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: