Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves Empty
PostSubject: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Written by Canadian author Bryan Perro and produced by Artifice Studio, Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves is best described as a strategy game with action elements. You begin the game as one of two feuding brothers. One remains in the cabin with your sick sister, while the brother you select to play, is responsible for protecting the homestead from the increasing waves and ferocity of wolves, supernatural and mythical beasties, which appear when night arrives. Your aim is simple – survive the night.

To achieve this, you set traps, fire your musket and swing your trusty axe. As the game progresses, you learn new traps and are able to upgrade your equipment by visiting the nearby town or Indian reservation. This includes blessing your axe and bullets in order that they may be more effective against certain beasts.

The story of this game unfolds during each day that takes place after you’ve survived a night. It’s a simple, but effective tale of omens, superstition, possession, greed and lust. It explores a conflict between good and evil that overtakes a small Canadian town and nearby forest. The voice acting is solid - I loved the Mayor’s confession – plus, I found the tale to be well scripted. I also loved how the story was presented. It’s a 2D affair using striking cartoon characters, beautifully rendered with strong colours and decisive design.

I found the gameplay straightforward. You begin with a map of the area that will be affected during the night by the next attack of supernatural forces. These are shown in waves. You are able to see the starting point of each group of wolves, werewolves etc., and can access details of the route to the building they will attack. This information allows you to plan your defence and place traps in the places where they will be most effective. You also plan how to use bait and scent to lure the beasts, plus traps can be combined to devastating effect. However, some beasts will escape, evade or be only partially damaged by your traps, which is where sharpshooting and your axe come into play. Once a night is set in motion, the game is in third person 3D.

Character development uses an RPG style skill tree. Here you improve your characters performance, the strength of your traps, the ferocity of your axe and length of your bonfires. You can also increase your intimidation, or fear, factor which is surprisingly useful. As stamina plays a major role in how much you can do, being able to intimidate means you gain recovery time. Yes, you can role and manoeuvre away from a beast, but this does deplete your stamina. In addition, if surrounded by a pack of wolves there is only so much manoeuvring you can do. Naturally stamina is an aspect of your character’s performance you can improve, but hard choices have to be made.

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves drew me in, engaged me, delighted me and was an incredibly satisfying experience. The first three nights are instructional; the ones which follow gradually step the game up a gear, until what appeared to be a straightforward scenario becomes pretty darn complex. You don’t know if your strategy will succeed until you survive the night but, when your chosen brother steps out into the pool of light surrounding the homestead and you find yourself poised, ready to go, with your traps set and your plan for the first wave firmly implanted in your mind, you’ll know the game has entrapped you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_lZsbLpjM

This game is available on Steam
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:06 am

I like tower defence games (my favourite is definitely Sanctum 2) and your review has convinced me that I should give this game a try. I'm downloading it right now. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:17 pm

I hope you enjoy it Cara - I certainly do. I also love the animation and background story.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security by how easy the first 3 nights are........  Very Happy 

Are you on Steam?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks Sue. Yes, I'm on steam. I've completed the first and the second tutorials. The controls are good but I may set up an Xpadder profile so I can use my controller during the nights.

This game has a great atmosphere and I simply love the art direction. From what I've seen during the first 30 minutes the gameplay seems pretty solid as well.

I really like all the options (traps, shouts, fires) but I wonder whether I should have picked Jack instead of Big Jos... I'm concerned that I'm going to be tempted to use melee combat with the big fellow instead of going for a more tactical game.

So far I'm really happy with this purchase.  Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves 88613 
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Just FYI the game is available in a bundle: http://groupees.com/bm12. Wink
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 4:55 pm

By the way I've just tried setting the game in French and it's absolutely great with the original French Canadian voices. I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 pm

The game is on sale on steam 90% off. It's a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:16 pm

I'll second that Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves   Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
Page 1 of 1