Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Titan Quest Immortal Throne
by Sue77 Today at 3:25 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Yesterday at 9:18 am

» Divinity: Original Sin 2
by Carabas Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 pm

» Assassin's Creed Origins
by Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 pm

» ChinaDroid review - VKWorld Mix Plus
by BlackZarak Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

» Why the original Fallout is still my favourite game 13 years later
by Carabas Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 pm

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

» Fallout: New California/Project Brazil
by Carabas Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

» XCOM 2 First Impressions
by Carabas Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25554 messages in 643 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:46 am

I played dragon age origins many times, so far i have only played dragon age 2 to the end once. I think it is the gameplay that bugs me rather than the story.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Sil, are you still playing this game? If so do the witch's quest. I can never remember names. The really sexy gal you pick up near the start of the games. That quest has a couple of different choices on how to do it.

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Yeah, playing it off and on. Just found I also had a PC version of it that I picked up when it first came out. Anyway, installed that too. Turns out I prefer the Playstation version

And the Lord said to John "Come forth and receive eternal life" but John came fifth and won a toaster

Carabas said I'm adorable and he's the boss so you all have to listen!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:00 pm

It's a great game and the PC version can be modded (check out the mod list for your second run, you can get plenty of options with mods).

I'm using a controller with this game (and Xpadder) so it feels a lot more like playing it on a console.

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm

I never know how to install the damn things. You know what I'm like with technology!

And the Lord said to John "Come forth and receive eternal life" but John came fifth and won a toaster

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 pm

It's really not that complicated. We can help you out with that. Wink

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm

I'll have a mod free crack at it on the PC first I think and then you can give me step-by-step, idiot proof instructions that start with 'click the start menu with the left hand button'. I'm really THAT stupid!

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 am

No problem. First complete the game without mods and then we will help you get started with some of the nicer mods. Wink

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:13 am

Will do Chief

Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:10 am

Well, I finished it last night. What a damned sickly ending. That big lizard you have to kill was a bit easy considering it was supposed to be the lord high b*astard of evilness. I'm harder to vanquish on the morning after!

Anyway, I'm glad I (finally!) got round to playing it and I'd probably play it again if I was bored but it really wasn't what I thought it was going to be

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Which origin did you play? Some of them are much more rewarding.

Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:09 pm

What ending did you get?

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Shagged the bird, shagged the elf dude and some how managed becoming queen...yes, I like the power! Shame you have to get stuck with the twit to get there though.

I'll try a different race next time, hopefully it'll be more fun

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 pm

I chose a different ending. My favorite character was a female dwarf commoner. I could really role play that one. The only thing I didn't like was no matter what dialogue choices I made the game forced me into an affair with the twit. Smile

You are getting me interested in playing the woodland elf. I started with that character but never played it to the end. Male I think. That way I can get a different ending and hopefully avoid having an affair with the twit.

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Good point, I may try and go through as a bloke...show the twit how it's done lol!

Back to top Go down
Chris-919
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
I chose a different ending. My favorite character was a female dwarf commoner. I could really role play that one. The only thing I didn't like was no matter what dialogue choices I made the game forced me into an affair with the twit. Smile

Not strictly true you can tell the twit that you just want to be friends. You can have a girl/girl relationship with Leliana and if you really don't care who you sleep with theres always the "swings every which way" Mexican Assassin elf guy.

If playing a female character when the Morrigan choice comes up you can persuade Allistair to sleep with her.

As for the Origin stories the Dalish Woodelf one is good but is probably the shortest. The Dwarf Commoner, Human Noble and City Elf are probably the best. From a female perspective the City Elf one is quite unpleasant and pretty harsh storytelling. The Mage start is probably the hardest but its also interesting in understanding Mage's relationship/struggle with the Fade.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowness.com/Chris-919
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Chris, I tried the friendship dialogue and still ended up with Alistair and my female dwarf in love. Made for a real tear jerkier of an ending though.

I loved the Mage Elf origin. Played just that a couple of times. I played it through the dream sequence. I did the human noble but not all the way through. Never did the city elf or the dwarf noble. Started the dwarf noble but just couldn't get interested in it.

To me the origins were the best part of the game. Some of the companion quests were good. The main thing I did not like about DAO was needing to deal with EA.

Chris-919
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Thats weird you shouldn't have been railroaded into that option. At least in none of my playthroughs that never happened. Yeah I've done both had a male and a female character.
There was one other way out of it, you can via another plotline sign up the guy who betrays the King and if you recruit him you can banish Allistair. Laughing
No I wasn't keen on Dwarf Noble, Commoner is far better. Do try female City Elf and possibly Male Human Noble. I think the male human noble is the only character who can marry the Queen and become King, providing you sleep with Morrigan to save yourself and exile Allistair. Its a bit evil to go that route but its damn fun. Very Happy

Yeah its not DAO thats the problem its purely EA. In fact I despise EA so much these days I never bothered with Mass Effect 3 even though at the time I really wanted to play it. Of course all the commotion it caused was probably down to EA pulling Bioware's strings. Unfortunately its also the question of Origin, I've got Steam as my chosen online platform do I really want EA's Origin Spyware on my system as well? I think not. Then theres the fact EA games never seem to drop in price, whereas on Steam I can get great bargains in a sale. Sure theres probably sales on Origin but I don't care.

Also if you like DAO and want another good Bioware game, try Jade Empire, no evil EA involvement guaranteed. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I have skipped a couple of EA games simply because they were involved with EA. Jade Empire? No EA? Sounds good. I have COG and Beandog games. I don't need the hassle of dealing with EA.

I always find myself feeling sorry for Alistair, the poor bastard. He got such a raw deal from his father and then his adopted father. No wonder he has such a sense of insignificance. I found the ending I chose for my female dwarf commoner a beautiful tear jerkier. I think the fact they were such a mismatched couple make it even more beautiful and sadder. The dwarven ancestral beliefs helped a lot too. From Dusttown criminal to saint, not bad.

Chris-919
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Yeah I know how you feel my first character was a female City Elf, as I said that origin story is pretty cruel and graphic. So by the end she dies saving the world kind of sad after investing so many hours into that game but it was certainly memorable. It was only after playing the game with numerous characters did I learn that I could have avoided my first characters fate.
The Awakening expansion is worth a play too since if Allistair becomes King he turns up at the beggining and seems to have grown up a bit, not a very long expansion by any means but well worth playing.

Well if you want essential Bioware games after Baldur's Gate 1/2 and Planescape Torment the ones to go for are: DAO (which you've got), Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords and maybe Mass Effect 1 and 2. Mass Effect 3 is simply not worth the bother since they kind of threw the whole player/party interaction out of the window in favour of streamlined entertainment and lack of choice.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Kotor 2 wasn't made by bioware but i would consider it worth playing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Except for the fact that they didn't have time to make the ending for it.

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 pm

And we can blame EA all we want (that's something I love to do), but let's not forget that Bioware isn't blame less for everything. The whole Mass Effect 3 ending debacle (which, to be honest, is a pretty shitty ending) has, apparently been caused by Bioware executives, not EA. A disgruntled Mass Effect write spoke out that the lead writer and a Bioware executive cut off the other writers from the ending, also eliminating peer review for that particular module (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_3).

There's also another entry in Mass effect 3's wikipedia page that says :
Quote :
On September 18, 2012, BioWare announced that its co-founders, Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk, had officially retired and left BioWare to pursue other goals in non-gaming related outlets. An ex-BioWare developer speculated that the negative fan feedback of Star Wars: The Old Republic and the ending of Mass Effect 3 were responsible for their retirement.

Last edited by Triactus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simfamSP
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

I've recently played KOTOR II. It was one of my best role-playing experiences ever. Not once was I lunged into a moral stand-off, I managed to remain in character through-out the game. And that meant little to no development.

There's also a mod that restores the lost content. Should be worth looking into :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/simfamSP?feature=mhum#p/c/D00A751812
Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 pm

simfamSP wrote:
There's also a mod that restores the lost content. Should be worth looking into :-)

Yeah, I saw that a lot of years later. Might make the game better, no doubt. But the fact the vanilla game got shipped out like it was is a statement of manager problems (apparently, the game was rushed out way before it was ready.)

I imagine the mod was made by fans? If so, when your fans have to fix your product, there's a giant problem somewhere in your company.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Grey Rangers-
Jump to: