Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

» Tyranny [no spoilers]
by Carabas Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 pm

» Mass Effect Andromeda
by Carabas Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 am

» DAO and DA2
by Carabas Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:38 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

BlackZarak

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25111 messages in 638 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Madame Runa's Most Extraordinary Twine Games Freakshow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Madame Runa's Most Extraordinary Twine Games Freakshow   Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 pm

Lords and ladies, honourable knights and virtuous dames, knaves and thieves, rogues and roguesses, blackguards and assassins, the living and the dead! Come one, come all, and marvel at the most shocking and twisted freaks gathered here for your entertainment and amusement!

*takes the mask off* Alright, folks, 'twas my attempt to bite the creepy carnival style. How did I do? Wink

For those not in the know, Twine games could be described as a hybrid of text games and choose your own adventure books. The story is mostly told through hypertext. Some of them are quite simple, some are clearly authors' self-therapy, some are literary experiments... and some - in addition to being creatively and well written - are completely and utterly strange, unsettling and thought-provoking.

This is the kind of Twine games I would like to recommend here, one at a time. Who knows what discussions might arise from this twisted soil? Wink

Before I go any further: these games come with a warning for disturbing imagery, violence and - in some cases - risque content. Wouldn't have it any other way, personally.

Come one, come all! Remark this most unusual freak of a Twine game!

porpentine wrote:
"We keep our faces in glass bottles so the angels can't see us.(...) But it hurts, being faceless."

Their Angelic Understanding is a story about scars, loss, and revenge. It seems alien and fantastical... until it makes almost too much sense. It was written by porpentine - and, in my not so humble opinion, damn well at that. Highly recommended! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Re: Madame Runa's Most Extraordinary Twine Games Freakshow   Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Well, I do not know if two post in a row count as spamming, but I really wanted to recommend something and I do not know when will I have the next chance, so:

saguaro wrote:
"There's a dress shop. They sell one-size-fits-all, red ones and black ones, because evidently those are the flavors people come in."

Spoiler tagged/content warning for Eros&Tanathos and language:

Broke Down:

Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Re: Madame Runa's Most Extraordinary Twine Games Freakshow   Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:55 pm

Well, Cara said posting again was not spamming Wink, so here I go:

Detritus by Mary Hamilton is a game about picking yourself up and moving on. Again, again, and again, with consequences that are mundane and obvious, yet somewhat chilling all the same. It's relatable, it brings back memories, and it might make one think of Diogenes.
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Re: Madame Runa's Most Extraordinary Twine Games Freakshow   Tue May 05, 2015 11:29 am

porpentine wrote:
But now that you have seen the light and tasted clean air, you'd fight like a rabid animal to stay free.

With Those We Love Alive by porpentine(again, because she is a bizzare, Twine-game-making machine and I sometimes kind of want to build her a shrine Very Happy) is a game about... what exactly? Freedom in an insect-skull-eldritch abomination autocracy? Choices? The meaning of the past? Drawing sigils on one's skin? I do not know, but something about it makes me want to play, again and again, until I find out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madame Runa's Most Extraordinary Twine Games Freakshow   

Back to top Go down

Madame Runa's Most Extraordinary Twine Games Freakshow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: