Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC

Go down 
+2
Carabas
Nakia the Rogue
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Standing stones,m good idea maybe not far from the village avoided by the villagers because they believe them to have some dire consequence if disturbed.

Laughing Zarak could see a white stage or something that leads him to the stones. Runa comes across a story about them in one of the books or something. Etc. I have an idea to introduce them into the story and leave it up to others how they get there.
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon
Nauthiz

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Whoah, Sue, fascinating story! It appears every character in our party so far is skilled at dissembling... ah, all the schemes they could take part in. BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 47943 We'd play for lives and seasons, with loving looks and treasons...

Speaking of seasons. Would you good, evil and neutral people mind if our story was set during the winter? Not very practical, I know, but perhaps it would prove immersive Wink. Or, should our literary experiment survive longer than the next month, would you mind if we just assumed that seasons were changing in real time, so to speak? A trivial question, but I wanted to include descriptions in Runa's narration, so yeah. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:25 pm

No worries here on what season we start in - Winter is fine by me.

Glad you liked the back story. I thought it might be too long!

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 pm

I like the idea of the standing stones. As a shaman, Zarak would feel called by that circle.

Winter is A-OK with me, but as a Netherese, Zarak will need some kind of protection against the light of the material plane. Maybe a mask, or a Netherese artifact of some sort.

Let me think for a few hours and I will get this show on the road.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:35 am

You are very good, Zarak, lead on and I will follow.
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon
Nauthiz

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:30 am

You people are amazing <3.

BTW, Runa's tale of the standing stones would involve a great battle, mass execution/blood sacrifice of the prisoners in the said circle, their spirits wandering restlessly, and riches and power untold to be gained by those who would avenge their torment on the descendants of the victorious general. Is that ok, or did you have somewhat else in mind, Zarak? If so, do relate it here so that an eavesdropping stranger can prove her usefulness. Wink

And if my tale is fine, but if the idea of killing people for their ancestor's deeds (I must say that 'tis an idea I kind of like, personally, for all the conflicts, internal and otherwise, it might spark, something entirely ethical seems too easy) is too evil for some of you, we could just assume that the general is an elf and lives yet.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Smile I would say that our cast of chracters is not the most benevolent, kingly group around. So as long as the route isn't doing evil simply for the fun of doing evil I am fine with whatever direction our story takes.

Rune's idea is fine with me but I see the Stones as ancient their origin lost in the myths of time. There would be multiple layers to discover.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:40 pm

As I couldn't get a result from the quiz, I've tried to go with a character who presents a neutral/good face as an emissary of the King, but has conflicting depths. This is because, for the sake of the stability of the realm and as a loyalist to the current ruler, she often has to kill those who oppose, or threaten to disrupt, the status quo.

Roll the dice maestro!

cat
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I think we have all taken liberties with our characters for role playing purposes. My character is now more neutral than good. For one thing why did she choose a remote, unimportant village to live in? What is she escaping from? What are her motives? All the questions that make us individuals also apply in role playing.

Plus in these PbP games I think the ability to adapt to and play, interact with others is important.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 6:12 am

I am A-1 with your tale, my sexy demon, though I would like an option to damn those souls to eternal torment and plunder their riches and power.

There is power in souls, and Netherese Warlocks have no qualms in dabbling with necromancy, so expect Zarak to experiment with the dark arts.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 6:55 am

Smile I had another idea about the souls.  The stones being ancient the souls are the first layer that needs to be removed.  If someone could absorb the souls this would remove them.  I am thinking of having Nakia mentioned it as a possibility but refuse to do it herself because she would also absorb their desire for vengeance and she does not wish to do that.   As a neutral she has no incentive for going off to kill the elves or who ever put those souls there unless they are personal enemies of hers.  She has no sympathy for the souls, they lost and suffered the fate of the lost.  As Nakia's personality is exposed you may find her a bit arrogant and not very loving or lovable.

However the problem of the souls is resolved we would need another layer of the stones to deal with.

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:11 am

I like your idea, grandma. Zarak's shaman abilities also gel very well with the idea of necromancy, and this is a perfect task for Runa and he.

This also opens up a world of possibilities, and I have a few ideas for later down the line.

As for the layer after the soul part, what about the souls guarding a portal to a sub-plane, or a massive dungeon?
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:30 am

Good, I like that.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Nice start, I've read the entire thread on the train this morning and I think I'm going to join later on. I like to jump right into the action and the last thing we want right now is yet another guy who just happens to stumble on the conversation (no offence Rune). I have some ideas that could be fun if I can get them in the mix. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 4:08 pm

That gives me an idea. If the Stones guard an entrance to a dungeon then when the souls are removed by a dark and alien magic waves are sent out that disturb the atmosphere of Faerum, that cause distortions that are felt by those sensitive to such things, that reverberate in the halls of the scholars.

This could lead us to investigate or be sent to investigate. How and why one enters the story is up to them. Each of us has his or her own priorities and quirks.
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon
Nauthiz

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Added some bloody awkward exposition, falalalalalalalala. Wink

Riiiight, so I just had Runa tell of the blood sacrifice... let the mages worry about loftier matters.

Cara, none taken, you are absolutely right. Prologues always seem to come out kind of... clumsy, in a way, with a greater than ever need for suspension of disbelief. On a side note, Runa has not exactly "just happened" to go there, but I'll elaborate on that in future installments, so to speak. BTW, everyone suddenly deciding to check out the standing stones would turn into a veritable symposium. Laughing

Also - YAY, DUNGEONS! This will almost be like a dig. With killing. BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 197373
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 5:58 pm

I'll probably be wandering inside that dungeon then, waiting for the right moment to get on stage and steal the limelight. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Rune is good a true bard. She made the Stones come alive for me. The stone altar in the center, ghostly figures swirling around, the cries of the sacrificed. Gave me a bit of a shiver. Very well done, my friend. And that remark about wealth was a brilliant addition. The young but talented half blood ork lets her desires be known to an old and jaded woman and a strange being.

I salute you, Rune.
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon
Nauthiz

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Awww stop it, you. Very Happy

By the way, do we have any specific type of dungeon in mind? I've a few ideas, but if a magical portal leads to it, man-made ones might not work...
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:30 pm

I have nothing specific in mind. Zarak may have something in mind. I am assuming that it is an area of mystery and very large and could lead any where. Any thing could happen. Plenty of oportunity for all.

Rune, you deserve the praise and it is so seldom given I enjoy the oportunity to express my appreciation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:29 pm

Take the praise Rune, especially considering the spirit in which it is given. Nakia always speaks her mind so if our Grandma Rogue says you did a splendid job with these bloody rocks you'd better take her word for it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 pm

We're going to need a bigger solar system to house all those egos Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon
Nauthiz

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:29 pm

Laughing
Nakia and Cara, please do not think me ungrateful or rude Smile. I was really glad to hear the compliments and all, but heh, kind words make me blush, stammer and act confused; apparently some awkwardness is the way it manifests on the Internet. I do need to re-learn how to interact with the living, but that might take some time... Wink

And Zarak, before you laugh at me for the drama, remember - dungeons Very Happy. Are man-made ones ok? Scythian tumuli inspired ones? Huge space, undead, lots of gold and elektrum? With bones to examine? Actually, nevermind that last one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Man-made dungeon is A-OK with me. Undead and demons would be too generic, we have to make this good!

And given enough time, I could also do a physical version of said dungeon in MC, if you'd like. It would give a tangible feel in the same way VA would, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon
Nauthiz

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:57 pm

...And I could upload papers about academia.edu on cult sites in the dungeon! No, wait. Nevermind. Day the seventh of between semester break and already I am going mad. Do forgive me. Very Happy Seriously though, MC is a great idea, if you truly have the time and inclination, because damn, it does sound like a lot of work.

If the undead would be too generic, how about some degenerated humanoid race that came to live there after the tumulus was raised? Skyrim made this trope generic as well, yes, but if we thought of somewhat really unique?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC   BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next