Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines Empty
PostSubject: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 pm

I recently re-played this and have to admit it remains one of the best RPGs that I've ever played.  Two days later and GOG have released it.  But, they've been much smarter than Steam.

The Steam version is the original bugged one.  To get it to play it you need to tweak something to get the game to recognise you have adequate memory, then you need to set the properties to XP Service pack 2.  To correct the bugs you need to install a patch.  The best option here is generally regarded that done by Wesp5's.  It's currently on version 9.5 and is available from The Patches Scrolls website, or Planet Vampire.  Even after all of this, my Steam game will not play the opening videos.

GOG have been smart enough to liaise with Wesp5.  There are two ways of installing the GOG game; as originally released by Troika.  This is perhaps the modders choice - there are several mods out there. Or, you can install the game including Wesp5's  basic 9.5 patch.  This patch means that the game runs, without any modification, on XP, Vista, Win 7, 8 & 10.  (My understanding is not all mods are compatible with Wesp5's patch)

If you wish to install the full 9.5 patch - meaning you gain at least 1 extra quest and additional character creation options - you just overwrite basic with full.  It's been confirmed by a GOG representative that although this may conflict with saved games, it will work just fine with new ones.

I also expect GOG to update the game as Wesp5 updates his basic patch.  So whereas on Steam there's no option apart from the original buggy, somewhat unfinished VTMB, on GOG you have a version which, if you select to go with Wesp's patch, should continue to be updated and improved.

I rather think that Wesp5's Unofficial patch has just become Official.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:37 pm

I haven't had any problem running the steam version myselff but I've been using the unofficial patch. I had a retail copy before that but hunting down the CD was just too much hassle.

It's a great game and one that never fails to amaze. They did some good work and it would be amazing to get a proper sequel.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 am

Nice, I didn't know GOG had a fixed version up! That's awesome. I remember what a hassle it was trying to get the Steam version working.

Bloodlines is one of those games I've tried to get into like three different times. I really like it each time I play it, but for whatever reason it just loses me after like an hour or two. I should try to get into it over the summer. There's something about the game's setting I really adore. It feels... I dunno, cozy? That's an awful way to describe it, but being limited to a single city makes me feel a lot more like the city is "home". There are a lot of cool little details and a ton of polish put into the game world that make it a joy to just exist in. I remember playing the game for the first time and getting into my apartment in Santa Monica and turning on the radio and going holy crap, that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 1:59 am

I didn't realize GOG had started selling VtMB. The Steam version works for me with the unofficial patch, but I might grab it from GOG sometime.

I've done more replays of this game than any other I own. I guess I'm due for another.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 6:06 am

The soundtrack is great! It really brought the world to unlife.

I didn't know about the gog version either but I don't have any problem with the steam version (so far) and with the mods I'm not even running the game through steam (hence why steam says I have only one minute on record playing this game).
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:16 am

I always sit through the end credits and listen to this.

Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 11:14 am

Me too - love it! Very Happy

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Completely unrelated, but isn't Troika the same company who released the absolutely abysmal Temple of Elemental Evil?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 pm

BlackZarak wrote:
Completely unrelated, but isn't Troika the same company who released the absolutely abysmal Temple of Elemental Evil?

And Arcanum FYI. Don't judge Bloodlines because of the buggy mess that ToEE turned out to be, it would be a huge mistake.

That being said it really needs the unofficial patch to live up to its true potential.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:37 pm

ToEE was a dog's breakfast but even looking past that it bored me out of my skull Laughing

I gave Bloodlines a crack but I never really got into it. Is it one of those acquired tastes like the old Fallout games?
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:14 pm

Bloodlines is a cracking RPG with some terrific characters to interact with. Plus, you are a vampire and need to feed on people. You can even have your own ghoul.

The quests are varied, locations also have a good level of variety and you have options on how to complete quests.

It also has some really creepy moments and the ability to make you jump. Boss battles aren't easy, they require some thought.

I've played this game at least 10x's and still find myself going back to play it again.

cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines   Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Page 1 of 1