Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

» Tyranny [no spoilers]
by Carabas Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 pm

» Mass Effect Andromeda
by Carabas Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is kaay

Our users have posted a total of 25164 messages in 639 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

A New Beginning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: A New Beginning   Wed May 04, 2016 4:35 pm

I've picked up White March and I'm starting a new game with another rogue (after waiting for the game to get patched for quite some time).

I'm taking advantage of the minor multiclassing introduced by the expansion to give my rogue a hint of the fighter class.

I'm going for maxed perception (for interrupt), high resolve and good dexterity. My rogue has the merc background which fits the concept of a guy who fights dirty (which is what a mercenary should be about).

I've been playing IE games lately so the comparison is pretty obvious and it makes me appreciate how the game plays and looks. My only problem is that abilities seems a bit too streamlined (might for instance work for every type of damage).

I've also found out you could start the first dungeon with two npcs instead of one.

I love that there is no alignment and I love the fact that it's not necessary to go out of your way to kill creatures for xp.

I just hope Obsidian is not going to come up with another patch that turns everything around...

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: A New Beginning   Fri May 06, 2016 7:22 am

Sad that pathfinding is still an issue...

The good part is that it feels a lot more like a storybook and not an arpg. I've been playing the old IE games lately and the only one that had a comparable level of writing is Planescape Torment (which only makes sense).

I'm just not 100% sold on the ruleset. It's not as dumb as Advanced Dungeons & Dragons but it feels a bit too streamlined especially when looking at the main abilities. I don't mind that each point has an effect (instead of thresholds) but the fact that Might works for any kind of damage feels a bit odd to me. It's just an example, Intellect defining area of effects is another thing that I find odd.

In any case the best option is probably to overlook those bits and focus on the roleplaying (which is why I'm playing on expert mode).

I've created a follower, this time I went for a dwarven barbarian with a dissident background (once again based on Shar Teel) and she does add some punch to the party.

Not sure about rushing through the main quest as I've been finding many things requiring my attention.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: A New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2016 9:14 am

It's funny how in BG and D&D a thief/rogue used to be an utilitarian class with some tricks and now it has become a pure DPS class. I can't say I'm a fan of playing a glass canon but there is something to be said about the damage a rogue can deal in this game.

I've found a pistol with a speed enchantment and I'm almost tempted by taking the gunner feat. I've added a custom character to test the efficiency of rogues with guns and a wood elf is perfectly suited for the task (the only thing I regret is not putting more points in intellect to take advantage of deadly wounds).

Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: A New Beginning   Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:00 pm

I have started a new game with a priest of Eothas. I am still at Gilded Vale. Choose the Game time option which says that it focuses on story and exploration. So far the combat seems too easy. I would have to start a new game in order to change my choice so will continue this game.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: A New Beginning   Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:13 pm

If you do decide to start over then the sooner the better. The story is the main reason to play the game so as long as combat doesn't get boring I guess it should be fine. Smile

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: A New Beginning   Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:32 pm

After considering a few different builds and restarting the game a few times I've started a new game with a Barbarian. There is something to be said about a character that has almost 3 times more hit points than a rogue of the same level. Smile

I'm using this picture for fun:

That way I can give my character some personality without making him just another badass warrior (which he is). Plus I used this picture ages ago for another character so I have an idea of how he would react and deal with the situations the game will put him through.

Stat wise I didn't feel fine with the maxed out Intellect that people seem to favour when it comes to Barbarians so I went for Might, Constitution and Resolve instead.

Resolve doesn't do much for your average damage dealing Barbarian in this game but it makes him more durable and almost nullifies the penalty associated with Frenzy (I did try briefly a low Resolve female Orlan Barbarian and she failed to impress -but then she had high Dex and slightly above average Might).

The problem is that I had to take points away from Dex and Per. Dex doesn't seem to hurt the character that much so far but I really miss these two points I took away from Per...

In any case average Int means he can still hit two guys at the same time so Carnage is not wasted (I was a bit concerned about that).

I really like Rogues so I'll probably end up giving him some Rogue like abilities but I'm enjoying the idea of having a very sturdy main character for a change.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Beginning   

Back to top Go down

A New Beginning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: Eternal Grounds-
Jump to: