Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DAO and DA2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

DAO and DA2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAO and DA2   DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Looks like you're having fun. Smile

If you want to delve into dwarven politics playing a Dwarf Noble is really cool. I prefer the Dwarf Commoner but both origins have their strengths.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: DAO and DA2   DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 2:14 am

Yes and no, TBH. I've made it clear how I feel about those medieval-era set RPGs, and unless that Darkspawn bollocks is one part of the story I have to say I am not too keen on it. At least while the plot is very much on rails at least you get to choose your own allies for your army because were it humans/dwarves/elves I would have yawned myself to sleep. So points for diversity, to a degree.

But, OTOH, I rather enjoy the random conversations between party members, it gives them more depth than just being a meatshield. The bickering between the witch and the redhead when both fancy you is bloody hilarious and I find it rather funny that, unless I missed something, the witch, who doesn't seem to want to move things along is so very possessive and snappy. Although, she does agree and like my arsewipe prick decisions, so eh, I might go for the redhead, but maybe not, guess we'll see where the mood takes me. I would rather have them both, because having some variety on the figurative menu breaks the tedium.

Alistair's earbashing does get slightly annoying (hello, I am a man who does understatements) and this guy is banished to the party camp forever. Thankfully Sten is a more than capable tank to take his place.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: DAO and DA2   DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 6:07 am

I think the game will provide you with some possibilities that you'll enjoy.

The darkspawns are pants, good thing they're only there to act as the enemy's cannon fodder.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: DAO and DA2   DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 8:16 am

So is DA2 worth playing? Because Origins was a royal pain, and one run was more than enough for me.

Don't get me wrong, there are some parts I enjoyed but the game was bog standard and pretty bloody predictible. And during "the final battle" quest I just rolled my eyes and sighed everytime I got jumped by a large group of meatshields.

I wish I could say I had a good time with Origins, but eh, not really.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: DAO and DA2   DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 8:38 am

You went for the least interesting origin so there is that. The good thing in DAO has nothing to do with the enemies (another fucking dragon by another name is just that and the fake orks are not better either).

Considering you have DA2 go for it, if you don't like it you don't have to finish it. I haven't played far into that one (yet) because the absence of non humans pissed me off. You may enjoy it more than I do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAO and DA2   DAO and DA2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DAO and DA2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Grey Rangers-
Jump to: