Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

» Tyranny [no spoilers]
by Carabas Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 pm

» Mass Effect Andromeda
by Carabas Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is kaay

Our users have posted a total of 25164 messages in 639 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

The Old Coot has finally made it back home.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

All thanks goes to Shantih. He made sure I would find my way. Hopefully I don't get lost again. lmao I get so preoccupied with health and life in general that I would lose my head if it wasn't attached. lol It's great to back.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:37 pm

It's good to have you back OldCoot!

By the way I'm Shantih/Gloomseeker/Carabas. Laughing

Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:48 pm

...Laughing I actually thought OP was of a Hindu religion, and expressed thanks to a deity! Laughing

I do not believe we've ever met, OldCoot, so hello to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Carabas wrote:
It's good to have you back OldCoot!

By the way I'm Shantih/Gloomseeker/Carabas. Laughing

Thanks my old friend. Been far too long. I see we are missing a few others like Nakia and Jez. Maybe you can bring them home also.

Nauthiz wrote:
...Laughing I actually thought OP was of a Hindu religion, and expressed thanks to a deity! Laughing

A Hindu? lol Namaste, Nauthiz. Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:30 pm

Nakia is still here but Jez has left us a while back.

Nauthiz wrote:

According to TS Eliot it's "the peace that passeth understanding" (that's why I borrowed the spelling from his poem The Waste Land).

I totally get that OldCoot's phrase would lead you to think that he is into Vedic prayers and the Upanishads. Smile

Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Yes, I've noticed the different spelling and thought of how the poem ended (I wonder what exactly was it that made Hieronymo mad againe, but oh well Wink ), yet somehow I reasoned that it might have been some sort of divine personification of said peace, or a periphrasis for Shiva - I've heard some modern practicioners use it when they did not want to invoke the deity's true name; I know not why, as the farthest East my interests ventured was Angra Mainyu, but that's another story. Wink

Quote :
Namaste, Nauthiz.

I would respond in kind, yet I hear talk of strange things that happen to white women that speak the word too often: you know - yoga, Starbucks latte, and tumblr. The horror of horrors. Wink
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:55 pm

" Here is no water but only rock
Rock and no water and the sandy road
The road winding above among the mountains
Which are mountains of rock without water
If there were water we should stop and drink
Amongst the rock one cannot stop or think
Sweat is dry and feet are in the sand
If there were only water amongst the rock
Dead mountain mouth of carious teeth that cannot spit
Here one can neither stand nor lie nor sit
There is not even silence in the mountains
But dry sterile thunder without rain
There is not even solitude in the mountains
But red sullen faces sneer and snarl
From doors of mudcracked houses"

I may have lost most of my mind. But, I disagree. I have found solitude AND solace in the mountains of Northern California. Wait. What were we discussing?
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Nauthiz wrote:
Yes, I've noticed the different spelling and thought of how the poem ended (I wonder what exactly was it that made Hieronymo mad againe, but oh well Wink ), yet somehow I reasoned that it might have been some sort of divine personification of said peace, or a periphrasis for Shiva - I've heard some modern practicioners use it when they did not want to invoke the deity's true name; I know not why, as the farthest East my interests ventured was Angra Mainyu, but that's another story. Wink

Quote :
Namaste, Nauthiz.

I would respond in kind, yet I hear talk of strange things that happen to white women that speak the word too often: you know - yoga, Starbucks latte, and tumblr. The horror of horrors. Wink

May you find truth in the Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino with double shots of espresso!
Back to top Go down
Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Quote :
I may have lost most of my mind. But, I disagree. I have found solitude AND solace in the mountains of Northern California. Wait. What were we discussing?

Hard to say, exactly; might be that my brain got too busy rattling out it's favourite passages from the said poem. There are many. In the end, I started muttering them aloud, but stopped myself before it got too weird. Oh wait. No. It was still weird.

Cannot say I've ever experienced a desert landscape, but ah! so many unreal cities, under the brown fog of a winter dawn. So many rhapsodies on so many windy nights! Wink
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Half-past one,
The street lamp sputtered,
The street lamp muttered,
The street lamp said, "Regard that woman
Who hesitates towards you in the light of the door
Which opens on her like a grin.
You see the border of her dress
Is torn and stained with sand,
And you see the corner of her eye
Twists like a crooked pin.
Back to top Go down
BlackZarak
The Architect

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:00 am

Great, a singing redneck. Welp, the Saloon needed a bard so problem solved I guess Laughing

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:46 am

A singing redneck? *Looks around. Then points at himself* Me? I think you're a bit confused there. More like an Old Fart troubadour. I can belt them out and down shots of Jack almost at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:29 am

Welcomeback OldCoot!

I'm one of these, but with purple hair

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.wabbit.co.uk
Nauthiz
Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:51 am

And you also have some damn superb writing abilities, Sue. Smile

OldCoot wrote:

Half-past one,
The street lamp sputtered,
The street lamp muttered,
(...)

...aaand there I go, whispering to my screen again. Laughing

OldCoot wrote:
I can belt them out and down shots of Jack almost at the same time.

That's how it should be done! Wink Well, at least with 'Carrickfergus'. Whenever I sing this in public and there is this slight pause after 'but I'll sing no more 'till I have a drink', a shot it is! One has to be true to their word, after all.

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:16 pm

I've her from Nakia and she sends you her best, she's been having some problems with her eyesight unfortunately so she will post when she can. She's made a new friend (on Steam of all places) but she hasn't told me if she had extended an invitation to join our merry little band.

It's really good to have you back Old Coot, you've been away for so long I wasn't expecting to hear from you again. Like I said, good to have you back with us. Smile

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Good to see you again love Smile

And the Lord said to John "Come forth and receive eternal life" but John came fifth and won a toaster

Carabas said I'm adorable and he's the boss so you all have to listen!
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:54 am

Trip wrote:
Good to see you again love Smile

Thanks, doll. Good to be able to see. I mean look at you. Umm... Errr... Here's a pretty flower to... yeah... look at.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:48 pm

I don't believe we've met, Old Coot, but welcome back. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Haha, thanks dear Laughing

And the Lord said to John "Come forth and receive eternal life" but John came fifth and won a toaster

Carabas said I'm adorable and he's the boss so you all have to listen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Old Coot has finally made it back home.   

Back to top Go down

The Old Coot has finally made it back home.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Front Desk :: Saloon Guest Book-
Jump to: