Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Morrowind Watercolored

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Morrowind Watercolored Empty
PostSubject: Morrowind Watercolored   Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 pm

I've just stumbled on this mod and going by the video and screenshots it does look quite striking.

The great thing is that it is just a simple texture replacer, original textures have been resized before getting a watercolour treatment and that allows the mod to keep the original Morrowind look.

I'm almost tempted to pick up Morrowind once again just to give it a go. alien
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind Watercolored   Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 3:28 am

You are required by law to own a copy of Morrowind, or the RPG police will come smash your kneecaps with a special hammer Laughing

It does look great, but I still prefer the Overhaul mod. Pretty good find, though.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind Watercolored   Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 7:04 am

They'd have to catch me first. Wink

Technically I do own a copy, it's French only (bloody localized CDs, one reason to be grateful for Steam) and the actual CDs no longer work.

In any case I've picked up a key from gmg. Don't get me wrong I have fond memories of Morrowind but it's no Fallout 1. The quests and NPCs didn't feel right to me back in 02 so I don't expect that they will now. Still, this game has a soul which is more than I can say about bloody Skyrim with its formulaic landscape and drab would be vikings and dragons.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind Watercolored   Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 7:14 am

Nothing can touch the greatness of F1 and F2.

I'd argue that Morrowind was the absolute pinnacle of the ES series. The plot is slightly on the bollocks side but Vvardenfell has so much variety in terms of landscapes, microbiomes to borrow a MC term, and the (partial) lack of fast travel feels very old school. You want to get somewhere, then bloody get there on your own.

I love Morrowind to death, and even though Tribunal/Bloodmoon were a bit on the meh side, they still combine to make a game that earned the title of timeless classic.

As for Skyrim, like we've discussed before it COULD have been great had the story taken a different turn. But Bethesda will be Bethesda.

And on a side note, that's what you get for not making backup ISO images Wink The copy I am playing is my original copy even though the discs have crapped out.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind Watercolored   Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 8:29 am

I believe that my subconscious wanted to get rid of the atrocious French version...

For the record it's not that I don't like French but the real problem is that localized versions suck balls. The translations for videogames are usually rushed by low paid part time translators who don't have any idea what the stuff they're working on is about and more often than not the terms used are misleading if not downright wrong.

The fact that English as a language is much more concise doesn't really help either.

Bottom line these days even French games are made first and foremost with English in mind. Many French players are irate that French indie games don't even get French voice acting but that can't really be helped.

Back in the 90s it wasn't that hard to find games in the original language but there was a time in the early 2000s when it was almost impossible for me to get my hands on a non localized version of games unless I took a trip across the channel or ordered my games from the UK which is why I got stuck with the French only version of Morrowind.

Quote :
Nothing can touch the greatness of F1 and F2.

So glad you've been able to enjoy these games.

Fallout 1 alone is the most significant landmark in my gaming life.

To be fair, when I first laid eyes on it Morrowind did take my breath away. It was absolutely and ridiculously gorgeous. Plus it had that exotic quality which kept bringing home the fact that it was about exploring an alien world and not just another day spent dungeon crawling (something that tends to get old when it doesn't deviate from the formula especially if you've been playing RPGs for almost 30 years).

Maybe I was spoiled but Skyrim never elicited so much awe and it never fuelled my imagination the way Morrowind did (despite its shortcomings).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind Watercolored   Morrowind Watercolored I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morrowind Watercolored
Page 1 of 1