Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Carmageddon Max Damage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Carmageddon Max Damage Empty
PostSubject: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 5:49 am

As a fan of both C1 and C2, I watched the Kickstarter and subsequent release of what would become Carmageddon Reincarnation. Looked nice, but I heard it was plagued with issues, so I passed. I then forgot about it until I heard Reincarnation was being retweaked to become Max Damage. Still didn't think much of it.

Found the game for 20 quid, and I thought to myself, fuck it, now is a good time to get it.

And I have to say, I am not disappointed. MD encapsulates everything that made C1 and C2 great, and to an extent also contains some elements from the horrible TDR 2000, but blends everything in what I can basically sum up as a REAL Carmageddon 3.

I love how they retained the "don't give a fuck" attitude -- pedestrians include old people with walking frames, fat people, cripples in wheelchairs, animals, cheerleaders, cops -- everyone is fair game in Carmageddon and I bloody love it Very Happy  

Anyone who has played C1 and/or C2, this game is a must-own, must play. I kept cracking out in laughter like a maniac while playing it. Very Happy Carmageddon Max Damage 197373

http://store.steampowered.com/app/505170/
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 2:28 am

Made it further into the game, and there are a lot of familiar faces returning from both C1 and C2, which is great. There's also cop cars which are easy enough to waste but at around chapter 9 they get BRUTAL!

The upgrade system is Carmageddon 1 like -- you have a part shop, but instead of buying them with credits you buy them with various upgrade tokens found around the map. So essentially, you can customize a handful of your most used cars and switch on the fly depending on what kind of opponents you have to deal with. My own personal favourite is the Stiffshifter, basically a funeral hearse, with huge spikes on the front. If you have enough velocity and nail it right you can impale just about any peds on said spikes and they will flop around until you hit an opponent, a wall ot anything and then will splatter to bits, which is both evil and hilarious Twisted Evil

Multiplayer options are quite lacking, though. You can't do Classic Carma and have AI players as well, which is a shame. There also are no peds to squash on multiplayer maps, which is also a shame.

Keep an eye out for deals, Carabas -- you'll absolutely get a kick out of this one.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Sounds like fun. I've got my eyes on a few other games but it's on my wishlist. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 7:14 pm

I recorded one of my races on a whim, thought it would be a good visual medium to know what to expect from the game, Carabas.

And without false modesty my Carmageddon game was right on fucking point because this was a wreckfest in a record time. Max Damage, however, doesn't allow you to fully upgrade a car, you have 15 parts and have to distribute those amongst Armor, Power and Offensive. So for the Plow, I maxed out Offensive, went with Armor tier 4 and Power tier 3. It's a little harder to keep up with the competition in a pure race but as you can see by the video, when they decide to attack me they get downright slaughtered Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Cool video. Your vehicle was a bit slow but it really went to town with all the wrecking!

Made me think of the Car Wars board game. I don't get why they haven't made a video game based on the same setting. It was amazing!
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Yeah, that was the sacrifice I had to make in order to get tier 5 offensive and tier 4 armor. It's a nice way to maintain balance as unlike in C2 you can't have one jack-of-all-trades car and have to improve the ones you like depending on what setting they are going to be used in. The Plow is 4A-3P-5O so it is my pure wrecker used for Classic Carma events, the Stiffshifter is 4A-4P-4O and is my choice for Checkpoint Stampede events when both speed and offensive matter (speed to reach the chechpoints, offensive to wreck opponents and steal points), and the Jet thing you saw is 4A-5P-3O and it's my choice for Death Races when the only thing that matters is finishing first because it's ridiculously fast. The Towing truck is my second tier wrecker when I need a bit more speed and better handling.

The Plow can smash pretty much everybody with relative ease, except the huge armored police freight train that pops up in Chapter 15. This bastard HURTS, and is one of the only "opponents" that can manage to hit hard enough to waste me. I spend about 15 minutes trying to wreck it once and was on the verge of doing so until the last opponent in the race commited suicide and ended the race. Bastard.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

Ah! Sounds like fun. I tend to favour the glass cannon approach myself, high risks high rewards. It keeps things interesting and lively. Smile

Turns out Car Wars Classic is available online for free:

http://www.sjgames.com/car-wars/games/classic/img/car-wars-classic-rules.pdf

Take a gander if you've never played this game, it's really great stuff and I've spent quite some time (understatement of the century) playing it when I was a teenager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon Max Damage   Carmageddon Max Damage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carmageddon Max Damage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: