Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians Empty
PostSubject: The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians   The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 4:37 pm

The name is terrible but it's currently on sale on Steam and from what I've seen so far it looks like a nice dungeon crawler made by a single developer.

It's real time with pause and you have a party of four characters that occupy different positions that will be familiar to MMO players (tank, healer, DPS) so it's a blend of old school dungeon crawling with a more modern take on team building.

I've barely scratched the surface and I already like it a lot more than Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2 simply because you don't have to move around all the time during fights.

Starting with a custom made party doesn't seem to involve as much planning as Might and Magic X Legacy but I still have to get the hang of it.

In any case I decided to come up with a BSS theme for my party:

Spoiler:

My first impression is that the Paladin and the Warlock are pretty cool so far but both Necromancer and Duelist are a bit squishy but I hope they'll get stronger down the line. Still, the Necromancer is the most offensive "healer" type so it should even out. Keeping the dodging Duelist alive is going to be another matter. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians   The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 8:21 am

Is this first person Cara? I can play Legend of Grimrock as it's not too fast paced, but I like the idea of not having to move around during battles.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians   The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

It's first person and it looks pretty much like Grimrock so movement is not too hectic. The game also comes with numerous options so you can customize your experience quite a bit (removing motion blur and bobbing for instance). The dev even added an option with less monsters to remove some mobs and make the game more focused without losing any loot or experience points.

If it looks like something you may enjoy you can give it a try and ask for a refund if you can't bear the movement before the two hour mark (as long as you haven't asked for many refunds lately it shouldn't be a problem). Just skip character creation in order to save time.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians   The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
Page 1 of 1