Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

» Tyranny [no spoilers]
by Carabas Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 pm

» Mass Effect Andromeda
by Carabas Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 am

» DAO and DA2
by Carabas Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:38 am

» Fallout New Vegas Mods
by BlackZarak Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:54 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25081 messages in 636 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Greetings from a nerdy gaymer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Hokay guys, you are confusing me. What is the difference between science fiction and fantasy? I am not at all sure there is a difference. Fantasy in novels, games and movies usually includes either or both magic and supernatural influences and is frequently set in a medieval atmosphere. Sometimes an effort is made to give a scientific basis to the magic.

I believe in ESP because of personal experiences and although I do not believe in a god in the standard religious sense of the word I believe there is more to this world than can be put in a laboratory and studied scientifically. I cannot prove any of this to you or anyone else so it falls into the realm of fantasy yet it is very real to me.

FTL travel is considered impossible at this time so it falls into the realm of fantasy or speculation. Not that long ago in the history of mankind it was believed that the sun rotated the earth. Twenty-five years ago the ophthalmologists couldn't even properly diagnose muscular degeneration. Now they can. Science is not static but in constant motion

I don't see that much difference between science fiction and gantasy. I think they overlap but the I disagree with both the Big Bang theorists and the hardcore creationists. It was only 600 hundred years ago that many people still considered the world to be flat. That is a moment in time for humankind. Who knows what discoveries will be made in the next 600 years?.

No flame wars allowed here, keep it on a polite basis, please.

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.forums-dragoncaptions.com/index.php
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:41 pm

I've never read Eragon but I've been arguing that we know very little indeed. The major point on which we disagree is Einstein's theory (I don't take it for granted as it's not been proven).

You've mentioned that you've been posting at very late hours and that is probably not such a good idea if you end up being tired.

Anyway let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Loran
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Nakia, somehow you managed to say everything I have tried to say, and in one post! And don't worry, Carabas and I will leave this conversation at this.

Agreed. In the future avoid comments like "suck on that" in bold letters if you don't want to flame. -Cara
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Hokay guys, you are confusing me. What is the difference between science fiction and fantasy? I am not at all sure there is a difference. Fantasy in novels, games and movies usually includes either or both magic and supernatural influences and is frequently set in a medieval atmosphere. Sometimes an effort is made to give a scientific basis to the magic.

I believe in ESP because of personal experiences and although I do not believe in a god in the standard religious sense of the word I believe there is more to this world than can be put in a laboratory and studied scientifically. I cannot prove any of this to you or anyone else so it falls into the realm of fantasy yet it is very real to me.

FTL travel is considered impossible at this time so it falls into the realm of fantasy or speculation. Not that long ago in the history of mankind it was believed that the sun rotated the earth. Twenty-five years ago the ophthalmologists couldn't even properly diagnose muscular degeneration. Now they can. Science is not static but in constant motion

I don't see that much difference between science fiction and gantasy. I think they overlap but the I disagree with both the Big Bang theorists and the hardcore creationists. It was only 600 hundred years ago that many people still considered the world to be flat. That is a moment in time for humankind. Who knows what discoveries will be made in the next 600 years?.

No flame wars allowed here, keep it on a polite basis, please.

I don't flame, I'm straight. (forgive the pun I couldn't resist). Very Happy

FYI FTL doesn't necessarily fall within the realm of fantasy, I believe it's quite the opposite actually as it can be considered as a hallmark of science fiction; other than that I agree with you Nakia.

Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Good we three agree to agree and disagree. I know you don't flame, Cara, but Loran mentioned it and I couldn't resist either. Very Happy

I do enjoy serious subjects but they are so hard to handle even when people are friendly.

Trip
Psycho Princess

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my Homosexuals FLAMING!

Haha. I love The Simpsons.

(Attempt at stupid humour to stop you all being grumpy lol!)

And the Lord said to John "Come forth and receive eternal life" but John came fifth and won a toaster

Carabas said I'm adorable and he's the boss so you all have to listen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a nerdy gaymer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Front Desk :: Saloon Guest Book-