Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pathfinder Kingmaker

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Pathfinder Kingmaker Empty
PostSubject: Pathfinder Kingmaker   Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 3:46 pm

I've started playing this one and it feels like a love letter to D&D veterans and CRPG players who cut their teeth on BG back in the days.

The character creation alone is almost as involved as pen and paper and frankly the lack of information regarding some of the classes (I'm not too familiar with the Pathfinder version of D&D) makes the whole thing a bit challenging.

I did start with a halfling rogue but the fact that the guy has to wield a specific weapon type to be any good (i.e. to add his dex bonus to damage with weapon finesse) makes me feel like he is too much of a one trick pony.

The game itself reminds me a lot of BG but more than that it feels like what BG would be like today given the nicer visuals and some pretty cool additions (camp management for instance which reminds me of Expedition Vikings).

I've barely scratched the surface but I can already tell the game does succeed where Sword Coast Legends failed (Pathfinder Kingmaker remains true to the old real time with pause formula without turning into an action game à la Diablo which was the biggest problem with Sword Coast Legends).

My only minor complaint is that the game does take into account dialogue options to affect the alignment which feels a bit odd because saying the "right" thing shouldn't make you shift towards good if you're lying and don't mean it (something which any self respecting villain would do without a second thought). I can see why it's working that way but still I wish they would have added an option to lie (well nothing prevents you from assuming your guy is lying in which case I guess the alignment system is more like a reputation meter).

I'm really liking it so far. I'm thinking of restarting with a wizard (probably with some rogue thrown in). It's hard to fight the chronic restarter syndrome plus figuring the right build for a character is definitely part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder Kingmaker   Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:17 pm

That's cool! I'll definitely keep an eye out for this game. How does it hold against Pillars of Eternity, who was also compared to the BG/Icewind Dale classics?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder Kingmaker   Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 9:53 pm

It feels a lot more like D&D and BG to be honest. The story is based on a pen and paper campaign so that is a very solid basis.

Some people are complaining about balance but it's just normal considering that the build you're going to use is going to affect your experience. There are so many options to tailor the difficulty settings to make them match the way you want to play the game so it's not a problem provided you don't mess up your build and don't aim for the most hardcore difficulty setting going in blind.

The ruleset is pretty much 3E with a bunch of house rules. It does work nicely but you have to be careful when it comes to attacks of opportunity and having a main character with a little durability is probably not such a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder Kingmaker   Pathfinder Kingmaker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder Kingmaker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: