Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Empty
PostSubject: Assassin's Creed Odyssey   Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm

I've started playing this game today and it really improves on Origins in almost every possible way.

My biggest problem with Origins was the inane level gating that they borrowed from the Witcher 3 and in Odyssey things become much more bearable simply because of the nature of the setting. It makes sense to have a starting area limited to an island without feeling like some arbitrary limitation has been forced on the player. It is still the same principle but it does change a lot when it comes to immersion. You're not tempted to go out of your way since you can't swim that far anyway...

The story is a bit corny (as expected) but it does manage to turn around the themes from Origins and it is refreshing to have a protagonist who is not ridden with guilt. As much as I liked Bayek in Origins the fact that there was always a cloud hanging over him could feel a bit overwhelming at times.

In any case my first impression is incredibly positive. They've managed to rejuvenate the franchise and take it a step further surpassing Origins in many ways (something that frankly I wasn't sure would happen).

Last but not least now we have options to choose in dialogues making Assassin's Creed play a little more like a CRPG (or at least an adventure action rpg like the Witcher).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey   Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Interesting! I'm still as Black Flag (I bought it but haven't played it yet), but I might get to Odyssey eventually! Laughing

Does it improve the game as far as features and controls?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey   Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 9:45 pm

Hell yes, it plays like Origins but even better and naval warfare is an important element in the game.

In Origins you could have bounty hunters on your trail and these high level enemies were the most challenging goes in the game but you usually only faced one at a time, in Odyssey at level 10 I found myself facing 5 of them ranging from level 10 to 14 at the same time...

Plus bounty hunters have a brief description and a few perks with strengths and weaknesses to make them a bit more interesting.

Odyssey is definitely the most entertaining open world game I've ever played. There are so many things to do it's just incredible.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey   Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 pm

There is something to be said about killing a higher level bounty hunter by kicking him (or her) off a cliff. Assassin's Creed Odyssey 88613
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey   Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 pm

I got the Pegasus skin for my horse in game with the special items merchant so premium drops can be obtained without spending real money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey   Assassin's Creed Odyssey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Page 1 of 1