Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

» Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
by Carabas Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

» Rise of the Argonauts
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

» The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
by Carabas Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

» Carmageddon Max Damage
by Carabas Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 am

» Dex (Cyberpunk RPG)
by Carabas Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

» Tyranny [no spoilers]
by Carabas Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 pm

» Mass Effect Andromeda
by Carabas Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 am

» DAO and DA2
by Carabas Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:38 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25111 messages in 638 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Greetings from Kana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kana
Catnip Purveyor

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:55 am

Yes, I really didn't like the evil options in Fallout. Most of the evil choices you could make just seemed to be completely insane. Like blowing up Megaton... in exchange for a hotel room? I can't think of a convincing motivation for a character to do that. Even worse was the "evil" choice at the end of the Broken Steel DLC. You could work for the Brotherhood of Steel throughout the entire module, then at the last minute, choose to blow up the Citadel. Why? Why would you spend all that time working for them if you wanted to destroy them? It just seems schizophrenic rather than evil with a purpose.

I should give evil play more of a chance in BG1. I've only really toed the line as a sort of chaotic neutral. If I play through it again, I'll make a point of just going all out ruthless Machiavelli type character driven by an insatiable ego. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Fallout 3 sucks story wise. They completely ruined the Brotherhood of Steel and Fallout New Vegas reintroduces the Brotherhood as it should be (a military pseudo medieval organization that is first and foremost xenophobic and mostly lead by arrogant facists).

BG1 is a treat if you are ready to use your imagination. Players often play good characters who loot everything and keep breaking and entering. There is no reason why an evil character who is smart can't pose as a hero in order to get more opportunities for evil deeds (or in order to get more money). Many players see playing evil as being restrictive whereas it is the opposite. Playing a good character is more restrictive. An evil character can pretend to act selflessly when in fact there is a hidden agenda or simply because there is more to be gained that way.

Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:46 pm

I found playing 'evil' in both BG I and BG II to give more freedom to the player. Setting your character up as neutral evil doesn't mean you have to be evil all the time. Also, playing chaotic good gives you choices. Good is what the player defines as good.

Xenophobic reminds me of an attitude on another site. Fear of strangers, The seige mentality. Not allowing for choices or other ways of doing things, other opinions.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Well Nakia that's pretty much what the Brotherhood of Steel was like in the original Fallout (and the reason why it dwindled and almost disappeared).

What I've always found hilarious is when players who play "good" characters in BG2 would come up with characters who steal Celestial Fury for the sole reason that it is the best katana in Athkatla (never mind the breaking and entering and the resulting bloodshed) or "good" characters who go out of their ways to get the Silver Pantaloons.

Nakia the Rogue
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Laughing Cara, that is why I have never played a Pallidin in BG. Too restrictive. I don't play lawful anything. Neutral, chotic good or neutral evil are my preferences. I find the D&D classes or whatever they are called as unecessary. We should be able to make our own choices and gain rep according to what we accomplish in my opinion.

Yep, xenophobic societies will eventually kill themselves off. May take a while but it is written in the stars. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Kana
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Front Desk :: Saloon Guest Book-