Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Launch of new Skyrim site

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

Launch of new Skyrim site Empty
PostSubject: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am

I think I'm ready to let a few people to have a look at my fledgling attempt to make a contribution to the Skyrim Community.

I've switched off the 'Coming Soon' page and you can now view my Skyrim site at http://theskyrimblog.com

There's a few things still switched off - such as the 'Follow Me' social links and you can't actually register on the site at present, but all the pages (I think) work, you can vote in the poll (please do!) and use the links and navigation.

The reason I'm opening up to this limited group of folks is so that I can get 'fresh eyes' on the site. I'm so used to looking at it, I don't think I could spot any problems even if they were obvious to others. So could you go over and take look, and let me know how you find the layout, the navigation, whether its easy to use etc

Thaaaaaaanks Smile

Last edited by Paul71 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks for the link Paul71. Very nice design. I voted in the poll (picked Imperial as I like this sort of character). I don't have too much time right now to check out everything but I've bookmarked this page. Wink

By the way, I've moved this topic to the TES forum and made it a sticky.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:22 am

Thank you Carabas

I thought for a moment the thread had vanished somehow, but - yes- it is probably better here in Elder Scrolls Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

You're welcome. Let's use this thread for us to comment on your site and for you to inform us about major updates. I think you've done a splendid job so far. Launch of new Skyrim site 88613
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Good job, Paul. It is obvious that you have put a lot of time and effort into this. I am eager to be able to make comments. Very Happy I voted in the poll but after reading your news and comments about stealth I may change my mind. Who is the best race for stealth? I never did much with bows in either Morrowind or Oblivion but this looks interesting. Bethesda should pay you for doing PR work for them. Very Happy You have me all excited to play the game.

Don't forget you can add your site link to your profile and it should appear as an icon underneath your posts. Also add it to you signature that way there is no excuse for people missing it.

Despite the white background I had no problem reading it. The contrast is good. Keep us posted. I did subscribe to it.
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Good job, Paul. It is obvious that you have put a lot of time and effort into this. I am eager to be able to make comments. Very Happy

Thanks for the great feedback

Please do feel free to make comments, as I'm anxious for the site to look 'lived in' before it is fully launched. It was also test that comments work!

You can also 'like' posts, in the manner of Facebook - look for the little heart shape the bottom of each posts. Again feel free to 'like' things (assuming that you do like them Smile ) You can even 'like' comments made by other people!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 pm

I did check a couple of posts with "like". I will check out the comments and see if I can make one. Can we make them without registering? We can't register yet, yes?

Don't forget to stick the link in your profile and signature. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:07 pm

oh!! very nice looking! clean and very easy to follow! i like it!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
I did check a couple of posts with "like". I will check out the comments and see if I can make one. Can we make them without registering? We can't register yet, yes?

No, but you don't need to register to comment Smile

Nakia the Rogue wrote:

Don't forget to stick the link in your profile and signature. Smile

Yes, madam Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:42 am

Sorry, Paul, I don't mean to be bossy it just the granmother coming out in me. I think this is a very valuable site for anyone playing or modding Skyrim and I don't want them to miss it.

Launch of new Skyrim site 237693

edit: I went through and made a few comments. Works great.
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:57 am

Nakia the Rogue wrote:

Launch of new Skyrim site 237693

You've got your own smiley Nakia Very Happy

Thanks for making some comments. I installed the Disqus comment system which has more features than the default Wordpress, but is a tad more tricky to use. So I'm glad you found it easy to navigate.

I've installed a sidebar with 'recent comments', now that I've got some Cool, so I think that all adds to the sense of the site being alive.

Thanks for those who've been and had a look so far. Any other feedback, comments, even mistakes and typos, would be gratefully received Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:49 am

Very Happy Cara tracked down a grandpa and a grandma smiley, He is very thoughtful isn't he? Launch of new Skyrim site 237693 Launch of new Skyrim site 47717 Launch of new Skyrim site 626442 The cat is our forum mascot her name is sakura. jez and I were lucky when he offered to help us with our forum. I suspect he has many hidden talents.

I saw that there was a link to facebook but didn't know if you were ready to publicize it there. I can link to facebook don't know if there will be any response but if someone notices who is interested in TES Skyrim they might be drawn in. Who knows?

I'll be pursing your site again and Make some more comments. Yes, I found it easy to navigate so if I can do it sighted people should have no trouble, Smile Sometimes I find them blinder than I am.
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 am

Bad news I'm afraid

Tinkering around I realised that I had set up the commenting in a way that wasn't going to enable me to handle comment spam properly. So I've had to start over - and, as a result, I'm afraid all of Nakia's lovely comments have disappeared into the ether Launch of new Skyrim site 738318

I can only apologise Nakia. But it was better to do this now, rather than later! That's the purpose of 'pre launch' I guess Launch of new Skyrim site 75815

If you did feel like making some more comments (or if anyone else does too) then I'm pretty confident that they will stay put ...
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:10 am

Laughing Paul, the purpose of a a pre launch is to test it and find out what works and what doesn't. We spent a couple of weeks doing that. Read our Site layout posts if you have time which I doubt you do. Smile

I happen to be a weirdo who loves testing things so I don't mind that my absolutely brilliant comments have been lost to prosterity. lol!

That is a great signature. Quite suits you.

Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks Nakia

Regarding the interaction with social sites, its probably better to hold off until the official launch, which will be next week. My next job, over the weekend, is to set up the social 'streams' - a Facebook page, a Twitter stream for the site etc etc
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Take your time, we will happily test it for you. king Launch of new Skyrim site 237693 Launch of new Skyrim site 626689
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 am

I posted a couple of coments. The site looks good. I noticed your Blog Row, what is your criteria for listing a link there? Does the site need to be totally dedicated to Skyrim or The Elder Scrolls or just have a support area?

I will get back to the site and post a few more comments. Launch of new Skyrim site 17997 Sleep
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:22 pm

I subscribed to the comments I wrote to see what would happen. I got an email to verify the subscription and verified it. So far so good. Now I need to make a comment or someone does so we can see if that works. Comment on the same thread I commented on that is.

Sorry not much sleep I am turning into a nut case.
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 pm

As of today, the Skyrim Blog is officially open for business.

I've altered the title of this thread to reflect this, as well as adding a variety of bookmarks, signatures and avatars to my various forum profiles. You can now use the social media tools on the site to publicise the site via Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks for those who have visited the site already, your feedback is most appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us Paul!
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:34 pm

New article about Levitation on the site, and a new poll about 'How will you play Skyrim' are on the site

The old poll has been archived and will be the basis of a couple of articles coming later this week about races and racial traits.

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Thank you for the update, Paul. I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 pm

I see the site is coming along nicely. 70 votes in the poll. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks Nakia

I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the level of interest and visitor numbers.

I guess it shows that the hype for Skyrim is huge
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:00 pm

That and it has big shoes to fill. I have friend who are casual gamers and who are going to preorder Skyrim... That says a lot about the wide range of players this game is going to attract.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Launch of new Skyrim site   Launch of new Skyrim site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Launch of new Skyrim site
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next