Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
[WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[WIP] Ghouled

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Well, after talkin' to Cara, I decided to TRY and make a TRUE Playable Ghoul mod. I will be goin' through the GECK and editing out ALL dialogues that reference "Smoothskin". Then tryin' to modifying the human reaction towards the player.

My first attempt at editing Chris Havershams's dialogue, ended in failure. But I accomplished adding the player to the feral Ghoul and normal Ghoul factions. This, was actually easier then I thought it would be. See screen below:

Spoiler:

Hopefully I can actually get this accomplished. All advice is welcome.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:20 pm

GECK keeps crashing now when I try to edit dialogue.....
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Don't you have a back up of the esp to go back to?

What do you mean by editing dialogue? Removing the word is fine (you will have to edit the corresponding sound file however) but removing the dialogue entry entirely will definitely break the game and most certainly make Come Fly With Me unplayable.

Actually extracting the sound files and editing them with Audacity should be doable. A lot of work but doable.Then you would have to edit some of Jason Bright's lines as well. This is a huge project.

Regarding factions, this is rather simple but it can lead to issues. Did you add the Player faction to ghouls or ghouls to the player faction or did you used a script?

IIRC when you do that if you start shooting at them they won't retaliate... Like with the Ghoul Mask in Fallout 3. If you want to work differently then it will require a script and possibly NVSE (I've done it without NVSE but I used items to trigger the script).

EDIT: How did you make these changes exactly?

The best way IMO would be to create a Ghoul Trait and have every ghoul related bonuses enabled with this perk.

Did you edit faction references directly?
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I just went into the GECK, found the dialogues, edited them and saved as an esp. I then deleted that esp and made a new one when the GECK started crashing.

I then added the ferals and normals to the player faction, then did the reverse.

I also modified the player's normal allies to neutral and gave them a neg 2 disposition towards the player.

I am now going to try and make a trait. Never thought about doing that, because it's beyond me, but will give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Just edit the form like you do for anything else. Wink

I wouldn't play with the factions like that. The most simple thing is to use a trait to add the player to the ghoul faction (I wouldn't add ghouls to the player faction many problems can arise from that move).

I wouldn't touch other factions. You probably don't want to mess with that.

My advice, keep your changes small and you won't break anything, if you start modifying many things like you do it will lead to HUGE problems.

I foresee some serious issues with other characters being hostile to the PC -quests broken- and that may make ghouls way to friendly so unless you want to lead a ghoul army throughout the desert...
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Hmm.......an army of Ghouls? Sounds awesome. Let's do it!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:35 pm

It would be easy to make a ghoul mask thing for FNV and then add a whole lot of ghouls to the wastes and wreak havoc over the wasteland. Laughing
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Well, your the ACTUAL modder Bro, get'er done son. Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:05 pm

I think there is a Zombie Apocalypse mod and I'm pretty sure there has to be a ghoul mask for New Vegas somewhere. That should do the trick. Wink

By the way regarding your original idea, it would be nice to see what comments NPCs make when you're travelling with Raul. Some people say that he stinks and nice things like that. It could be useful to see how it works.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Yea, Legionaries usually say some strange stuff too.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:40 pm

This is on hold.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:46 am

It's a big project true and undertaking something like that may seem like you've bitten more than you can chew but it's a WIP and there is no rush. Start small and experiment. You can't get it all done in one go. Wink
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm postponin' it indefinitely. GECK is broken again. I even reinstalled it. But it still doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:14 pm

That is too bad. Sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Sorry to butt in.

Geck isn't working either for me, and as Carabs said there is a Zombie mod that adds ghouls spread out over the wastes, and recently testing it out it worked pretty good. All you'd really have to do is include them in the inner cities as they were more spread out over the wastes and do all those little necessary edits. Here's the mod: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37393
There's also another mod, but it adds different looking zombies and it's more of a zomie mod rather than a ghouls over the waste type mod.

As for that ghoul mask, it doesn't seem to be on the Nexus anymore, I remember spotting one once.

There are also some pretty cool looking ghoul mods out there, so that'd make things a lot more fun. Here's one: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40714
And here's one that replaces Rex, full with animations and idles etc.: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37684

Edit:
Looking through my USB that I saved all my old downloads on, I was able to find that old Ghoul mask lucky for you. If you want it, I'll see if I can send it on the Nexus. There is no read me though, so you'll have to open the esp and check out the stuff in the Geck.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Very Happy Always feel free to butt in, PaulM, that is what we do best and are here for. Hopefully OldCoot or someone else can benefit from your links and willingness to help. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:16 pm

The ghoul mask is illegal as the model and textures aren't included in FNV files. Don't upload it or you will get banned from the Nexus for that.
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Sorry about that then guys, I've been totally unaware of things lately (I wasn't planning on putting it on the Nexus anyways). Hopefully those other links'll help you out Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:49 pm

It's easy to port the ghoul mask from Fallout 3 you know.

The main problem with the ghoul project is changing dialogues to reflect that the PC is a ghoul. The Come Fly With Me quest is a huge problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[WIP] Ghouled  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ghouled    [WIP] Ghouled  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Ghouled
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Iron Horse Workshop-
Jump to: