Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
When they say drop in the Skyrim folder do they mean where the launcher exe is or the data folder?

It depends on the mod.

Meshes and Textures folders go in the Data folder.

If you're using the script extender or the ENB /FXAA settings these go in the Skyrim folder.

Let me know if I'm not making sense. Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 92474
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm

You are making perfect sense. For some reason the downloads didn't download. I will try again.

I hope people will be using The Skyrim Curse I found that easier to download from. The landscape one.

When I unzip the first one to the Skyrim folder I have a file named mod do I need to take the items out of that file?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:55 pm

The content of the "mod" folder goes into the Skyrim folder (not the data folder).

I don't care for Curse and I won't use it.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:49 pm

To each thier own, Cara.

My character has joined the Legion and is working on their quests right now. Level fourteen, concentrating on Two handed, heavy armour and smithing. He can now make dwarven armour if he has the supplies. Interesting that he leveled up rather fast in the beginning but has now slowed down. If he can avoid archers he can take out most enemies with a couple of blows. Haven't tried a giant yet. With dragons I try to get him some protection. He also has a fire ball spell which helps. Not much in the way of shouts.

Got the location of one from the Greybeards and got it started, dismay. Unrelenting Force is useful when dealing with archers. Should use whirlwind more.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Some screen shots. [url=Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 TESV2012-01-2014-45-31-64]Companion[/url]

[url=Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 TESV2012-01-2004-02-29-14-1]Taking a break[/url] Something went wrong. Ithought I resized this one.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 am

Had my first two beheadings in battle, one right after the other. They are graphic and up close. I am a Deadlyy Reflex fan but that mod overdoes the mayhem and you know it isn't reall and just fantasy. This looked pretty real.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:41 pm

That's a very good point. Skyrim doesn't go too far with the gore (like in Fallout 3 or FNV) but it's still very violent.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:11 pm

I am sure some one will mod it to make it more violent. I doubt I will install that mod. This very realistic. I am going to be very, very picky about the mods I install.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:16 am

Madog is up to level 25. His smithing skill is up to 82. Alchemy is good but I haven't added any perks to it. I have added three companions to the blades which seems to be all Delphine will take at least for now. We got a dragon location from Estban what ever his name is. Slew the dragon added another word. So far except for the two the Greybeards help with all the shouts are only one word.

Right now I am concentrating on side quests and miscellaneous objectives. Have a female Orc companion but I forgot to pick up the Mara amulet so don't know if she is romanceable. Will pick up the amulet later.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 am

Here is another version of the Dragonborn comes. It is quite different but I like it.
The Dragonborn Comes
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:13 am

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 am

My new character, a female Bosner, mage/assasin, is coming along nicely. I am mostly exploring, doing some of the mage quests and local quests. Checking out a new mod, Wizards of Winterhold by Giskard, ahs potential. It is still in early stages.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I've been doing a Breton mage, and I gotta say, magic is a hell of a lot of fun. A nice strategy I did the other day was the use fury on an enemy to have him attack his friends, calm him when they're down, resurrect one of them, then cast fury on him, making my minion kill him. Great fun.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Laughing That does sound fun. Have you checked out the mod on Steam Wizards of Winterhold? It expands the college underground, adds trainers and merchants. So far there is one quest and another in the works. Quite an interesting mod in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Ah, I'll look into that, as soon as I grab the PC version Laughing

See, I only recently got a PC that can handle good games. I only have Skyrim on the PS3. Gonna have to wait for a price drop till I can get Skyrim for PC.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 am

The mod is a wip and should get better with time. Right now it is pretty basic. Only one quest and another being worked on. Beth is still working on patches that fix one thing and break something else.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:12 pm

I'm pretty sure I heard that a Midas Magic was made for Skyrim. That true? And if so, how is it?
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:54 am

Yes it is up on Ateam and I think NEXUS. I am not installing very many mods because of the bugs that are still with us. I have one magic mod installed that gives you better warding spells and they don't use up your magic. Just started using it so not sure how it works.

From what I have heard Midas Magic works fine.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:04 pm

[url=Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 TESV2012-05-2216-11-18-66]Necromancer[/url]

This guy lost his head but kept his fancy underwear.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Better to keep one's head methinks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:53 am

Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 13493

He had a nice robe. Worth some gold. I am now playing when I do play on Expert. My Orc warrior is up to level 31. Just after killing the necromencer he met up with a nasty blood dragon. Fortunately he had a companion and a dog to help him out.

Because of the navimesh bug Skyrim is beginning to get boring. You have to make a ESM in order to do a really good quest mod.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:15 am

I had some fun with this game but I can no longer enjoy it so I've uninstalled it. I can use the extra space on my hard drive. After a while it gets boring. These games need some good stories to be interesting otherwise there is nothing at stake.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Without the navimesh bug being fixed we are not going to get really good mods for the PC. I am currently playing only to test out a couple of mods for people. Seems Beth really messed this one up. They should never have hyped the marvelous CK they were giving us.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Lol, games don't bore me easily, even without mods. I have the 250+ hours in Oblivion on the PS3 to attest to that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:18 am

The last patch adds horseback fighting but does nothing about the navmesh bug.

As for games being boring, it's hard to keep things fresh when you feel that you've seen it all before and a game fails to act as a vessel for your imagination.

I really enjoyed many things in Skyrim but the beginning of the game and all the Dragonborn stuff didn't impress me favourably. Nothing is worse than getting bored when you have limited gaming time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy   Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim Gameplay and Strategy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next