Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cyberpunk CRPG

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 am

CD Projekt Red is working on an adaptation of Mike Pondsmith's pen and paper RPG based on the works of William Gibson (among which you'll find Neuromancer, Count Zero, Mona Lisa Overdrive...) and many others.

This is incredible news as this company actually seems to care about making good games and providing patches and content for players.

To the old fans Cyberpunk is much more than a game. It is first and foremost a cultural phenomenon extending beyond literature, games and movies. It's poetry. It's badassness pushed to the very limit and sprinkled with more than a dose of Noir references and Oriental flavour. It's a postapocalyptic world waiting to happen. It's a world of pretence, of black ops, of smoke and mirrors in which virtual reality is ever more real.

No release dates are provided yet but this is something that will be worth waiting for.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 8:40 pm

It's been a long time coming but the Cyberpunk RPG is almost there, just a few more months! Cyberpunk CRPG 965125
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 1:27 am

Cool! I'll keep an eye out for it!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Gog is giving away some Cyberpunk goodies:

https://www.gog.com/#giveaway

That's 3918 MB of Cyberpunk art.

By the way, if you're interested in getting this game bear in mind that if you buy it from Gog not only will you get the DRM free version of the game but the studio will get all of your money and won't have to pay a cut to Steam (Steam takes 30% and less when a game sells well enough).

You can still add a game to Steam if you wish to. You won't have access to achievements or Steam cards that goes without saying but a DRM free version of the game seems like a nice trade off. Alternatively you can give the Galaxy launcher a go if you still want achievements.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 am

This game looks mindblowing.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 4:13 pm

It'll probably bring my PC to its knees. Razz

With that being said, I'm glad they're taking their time to make sure it's ready and postponing the release. There is a lot hanging in the balance for them so they can't afford to mess things up.

I've been fascinated with the Cyberpunk genre ever since I read Neuromancer and started playing the pen and paper Cyberpunk RPG (at that time it was Cyberpunk 2020, the first edition was set in 2013).
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 2:06 am

I think if I try to install this game, my computer will have an epileptic seizure.

That said, it really looks like an awesome game.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 7:20 pm

We'll know once they give us some specs.

It would be bad business to release a game that can't run on average machines. Even if it means lowering settings quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Keanu Reeves seems to have loads of fun doing the voice over for this trailer:

I'm a long time Cyberpunk fan and it looks like they've nailed the visuals.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 pm

It looks really good! I can't wait to see the actual gameplay once the game comes out!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 8:43 am

There is too much hanging out on this release for them to screw it up. Plus it's their chance to prove they're not a one hit wonder.

The Witcher 3 is fine but it's probably the most overrated game ever made so I hope Cyberpunk 2077 will be a better game (in terms of gameplay especially considering how levels messed up the open world nature of the game in the Witcher 3).

Visually it looks good enough but a game is not just about graphics.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 9:43 am

I'm looking forward to this too. Smile

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 2:59 pm

I'm trying not to get too hyped after years waiting for a Cyberpunk videogame.

The good thing about these devs is that they won't milk us dry with pointless DLC.

Last but not least getting the game from GOG means they get a bigger cut so unless you get a really sweet deal for Steam it may be better to get it from GOG.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 9:16 am

After waiting for the better part of a decade for this game to be made I think it may be better to give it a few more months.

The first reviews are in and they all agree the game is bugged and performance is horrendous.

I'd just like to point out how badly the Witcher 3 ran when it first came out and that it took them more than a year to fix the horse's disappearing tail bug (that one was particularly embarrassing).

There is also just too much hype -call me a snob or an elitist all you want but I hate it when something that only a few of us knew about becomes a household name and everyone and their dog won't stop going on about it and to make things even worse the less they know, the more you can hear them yapping.

Plus add the fact that the devs have been overworked for months in order to stick to a stupid deadline. The reports on that have been pretty damning to say the least and it's definitely a blemish on that studio's reputation.

It's hard to be excited about a game when you know people have been exploited and pushed to their limits so that we could experience a tale about some guy making a stand against big corporations.

At the end of the day, fighting the system is what Cyberpunk should be about so the irony is just too unsavoury.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 11:06 am

I got the game and it is VERY buggy. Perhaps the buggiest in memory. I’ve run into two instances in about 7 hours of play that could have been game breaking if I wasn’t in the habit of keeping a lot of sequential saves in this type of game. It’s a mess

I also think it has a lot of potential to be really great when they get it sorted out. It gives me New Vages vibes in that regard. A clusterfuck at launch, but it ended up becoming a classic. Even the side missions in this game have a lot of options and alternate methods of completion. In a year or two, I suspect it will be regarded as a masterpiece. As it is, it’s more like a beta.

Here’s my V, by the way.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 12:37 pm

She does look really cool. Very Happy

I'm a sucker for character creation tools and it looks like this one does a fine job.

It's a pity the game is first person only, it's such a waste to have such a cool looking character and not see him/her (just like in The Outer Worlds).

Kana, what you've posted makes me feel better about the future of this title so that's actually a relief.

New Vegas was a terrible mess at launch but now we know it was because Bethesda had rushed the release. To this day Fallout New Vegas is the buggiest title I've ever played but from what you're saying and what I've seen online this one could be worse.

It looks like CDPR got overwhelmed by the hype they had created. There was no reason why they couldn't have waited to release the game at a later date. They should know better than to release a game in such a state (apparently the game is almost unplayable on older consoles and there is no excuse for that -PCs come in all shapes and forms but a PS4 or an Xbox is a very standardised machine).

I have to say I'm curious but I really need to exercise restraint and not pull the trigger on that one before it's in a playable state. I don't want to reward such practices with a purchase before they sort out their mess.

Like I said, it took them a year to get rid of the vanishing tail bug in the Witcher 3 so it may be a while...

EDIT: by the way which origin did you pick? Street? Corpo? Or Nomad?

In pen and paper I used to play a nomad. I still think they're the best. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 1:02 pm

I agree. My character is a Nomad. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 4:37 pm

Kana wrote:
I agree. My character is a Nomad. Smile

cheers

I will definitely go for the Nomad origin like you.

Hopefully the game allows the player to pick some vintage gear!
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 11:55 pm

I'll put this in spoiler tags, but it's something you'll probably want to know.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 2:41 am

This sounds really good, thanks for the info Kana. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 9:26 am

Apparently crafting too much can corrupt your save. That's embarrassing to say the least.

As awesome as the game may look they really messed up the release and with so much hanging on its success it doesn't look like they made the right call not delaying it a bit more.

I'm not a console player but there is no reason that they couldn't make it work on consoles (albeit on lower settings) since they had to know what to expect from those machines. I mean personal computers come in all shapes and forms but consoles are pretty standard.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 9:46 pm

Yeah, they really messed this release up. The game needed at least another year of work and testing. Maybe two.

Oh, and about that crafting thing, what makes it so stupid is that you need to craft thing to level up your crafting skill, and it levels really slowly. I've ignored crafting almost entirely, but it's stupid that they didn't discover this problem in their testing.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 11:17 pm

I really don't get how they could mess things up so badly.

It's good you haven't dabbled in crafting too much... Can you imagine spending hours on a game only to end up with a corrupted save just because you played your character? Cyberpunk CRPG 58340

The stakes were so high after the (almost) universal acclaim they got for the Witcher 3, I totally agree that they should have taken another year.

It's baffling really.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 11:59 pm

I'm sure Todd Howard is sleeping soundly knowing that CDPR is making Bethesda look professional.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 1:21 am

Sad but true... Sad

By the way, I've been meaning to ask, how well does the game handle empathy and cyberpsychosis?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cyberpunk CRPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyberpunk CRPG   Cyberpunk CRPG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cyberpunk CRPG
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next