Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Srarted FalloutNV

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:25 pm

I know someone who is using Willow and is very happy with her. Cheyenne is not essential. I believe Willow also has a dog. Not sure I want more females.

Right now I am in a bad mood. Went to the doctor's this morning thinking I would the test results from the Echo gram and blood tests. No, all the did was take more blood. No doctor was there. No results. So I will play some FNV and see if that gets me in a better mood. Right now I wish my character was a tank as I am in a slash and bash mood.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:12 am

Take it easy Nakia, I hope FNV helps you unwind.

I'm not really into companions in FNV but I've read good things about this one: Niner. It may be an interesting alternative to Willow. I haven't played it but there is support for this mod and a sequel is in the works. It may be worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 am

Man, Nakia, this thread is making me really eager to get off my lazy ass and play FNV some more. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 am

Smile It is a fun game. I have finally overcome my restarter syndrome and settled into the game. Science is at 75 and I am trying to get some other skills raised. Repair is over 50 now. Intellect is 10. I have Boone as a companion now and he has some interesting dialogue options but I am holding off until the right time to do them. Ed.E is my main storage. I have added a mod that enhances the motel room at Novac. A bit of a cheat since it has an apparatus that can cure all your ills. A working stove which I like.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 am

Cheating in a single player game is not much of an issue if it makes the game more enjoyable.

There is a huge difference between cheating for convenience (i.e. making something easier for you as a player meaning that you won't have to travel across the map like a snail for instance) and cheating with god mode turned on (absolutely no challenge left in the game).

Some things in this game can make it pretty annoying on the player (like having a character encumbered with crippled limbs who has to crawl his way back to the Doc's because nobody can treat his wounds anywhere else) but that's the whole point of the so called hardcore mode (it's not about difficulty but about having to deal with all the annoying little things that make it a bit more realistic).

Anyway I don't really like the way addictions are treated in this game (and Fallout 3). In the old Fallout games getting addicted couldn't be cured with an injection (that sends a wrong message to kids by the way). Getting addicted messed up your stats (and these were more important to your character than in recent Fallout games) and you had to wait for weeks in order to recover. In Fallout 2 Jet addiction couldn't even be cured unless you went through a complicated quest (you had to put many things together with a character good at science) in order to come up with a cure. In the old games you didn't want to mess with drugs... Most of the time the advantages weren't worth all the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Near the start of the game my character got addicted to a drug just by taking it once and was just as quickly unadicted. That surprised me. I have been more careful since then.

I like the room because it is pleasant to return to have traipsing around in the dessert. The only thing I found that was a bit much was the cure all machine. The stove makes sense to me. At least the modder didn't put in a source of pure water. That so far has been my hardest thing to find. Plenty of food and sleeping hasn't been a problem.

Boone is an interesting character. Has some speech options I have done yet. Waiting for the right time which isn't in the middle of a quest. Time for that after a bit of relaxing time around a campfire or back at the motel room. The room also gives me a place to leave companions if I don't want to take them along.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:58 pm

It's hard to decide on one particular NPC. I like them all (except Ed-E who is irritating because of the noise). If I had to rank them I would pick them in this order: Rex, Raul, Veronica, Cass, Arcade, Boone, Lily and Ed-E.

I would have liked some romance options but not having them is not that bad actually (and rather realistic).

I love that you have to know them before they actually start spilling their guts out.

If you like companions in the regular game you will love companions in Dead Money as they are even better.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Sunny and Cheyenne have been handy but are boring as you know them before getting them as permanent companions via the mod. Ed.e is good for carrying things and having those tools for making things. Boone I haven't "talked" to yet. Right now I am at Hellos and trying to figure out how to do passwords for computers.

The one I am working on says easy but I am finding it hard. I am cheating have a save game.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
The one I am working on says easy but I am finding it hard. I am cheating have a save game.

You could install the easy hacking mod from here: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34829

It's classified as a cheat, but as I loathe forced minigames, I consider it more a fix. If I wanted to play Mastermind, I would play Mastermind. I wanted to play Fallout.

Fallout Wanderer's Edition for Fallout 3 added a chance-based locking/hacking mechanic to make it more like the originals, but I haven't found an equivalent for New Vegas, unfortunately. I suppose I could try making one myself, if I could figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks, Kana, saving before trying to hack it is a cheat so having a mod that saves me some time will be nice. I you come up with something better please let us know.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 am

Good pick. I've made one for my own use before finding this on the Nexus. The Lockpicking one is even more useful as playing Mastermind isn't as annoying as the lockpicking minigame (at least IMO).

I wouldn't use the pickpocket component however since that's really cheating.

The other components are not really cheats since your character still have to get the skills to a required level. You're just saving some time and that's a good thing.

Mods can also make things a little more challenging, I've uploaded a little mod that hides the warnings while sneaking so you don't know NPCs have spotted you before they start shooting and shouting (you don't get the "hidden" "detected" etc).

I've also uploaded an esp that removes the "empty" text appearing in front of empty containers so you have to actually open a container to find out if it's empty or not.

Both are very small files, I've been using them for years, never had a problem, you can find them here: Immersive Sneaking.

By the way I've started a new game to give Niner a try and from what I've seen so far it looks like a pretty nice NPC mod. It may work for you Nakia. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:59 am

Thanks, Cara, Niner looks good. 480 voiced lines. Just what I like. It is a large mod probably because of the voiced lines. I may go back and pick him up. Give Sunny and Cheyenne a vacation.

I may give the lock picking a try.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 am

I agree with Kana about minigames. I guess that some players find them entertaining but I'm not one of them. I don't mind the Science game that much but I don't like lockpicking especially since you don't have any other way of dealing with locks (in the two first Fallout games you could use explosives).

Regarding Niner it's fairly easy to modify the way the character looks by creating an esp (the mod uses its own esm). They are planning a sequel so support is still available.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:26 pm

With my eye sight that hacking mod is a god send or in this case a Kana send.

Speaking of modifying Niner where do I find the NVgeck? I saw the one for F 3 are they the same?

I have Niner installed now I will return to Goodsprings drop Suuny and dog off at the saloon and take walk a walk down to Prinim. I started talking to Boone so far nothing exciting but that is fine with me.

I am going slow. Met the stranger looking for his father (met hem in a prior start).Will do some errands for the Crimson Caravan and keep exploring.

Met up with a lot of the feral sheep but was able to walk by them with fighting. I like that. In both Oblivion and Skyrim I got tired of animals that went out of their way to kill you.

This game is so much better in many ways. The pathing is better despite all the navimesh rumours I heard. The dog still gets in the way but not so badly and I have had a couple of weird things.
A little gecko running around that couldn't be clicked on, two gigantic dead scorpions falling out of the sky on my character and the dog floated a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Feral sheep? You mean Wild Brahmin?

The glitches you are reporting are probably related to the engine (it's the same engine used in Oblivion).

Here is the link for the New Vegas Geck (it's not the same).
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/updates-GECK-fnv-eula.php

When you create a new esp to modify Niner you have to select the Niner esm as a Master and once loaded in the Geck all that is left is to save the new esp (as usual).
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 am

Thanks, Cara. I have him installed. Found him. But I think I did something wrong as I have no sound. Will check the files.

The instructions said to install the data folder to the Fallout NV folder. I did that but all I got was data folder in the data folder so I opened that installed the folders and esm to the data folder. Got no messeges regarding overwriting.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 am

Just check that the sound folder is in the data folder. There should be a voice folder in your sound folder and a niner folder in the voice folder:

data/sound/voice/niner/MISHninervoicetype
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks, Cara, got it working for what good that does me. I turn sub-titles off for immersive purposes and the accent is so thick and mushy that I have a hard time understanding it. Except for the vulgar language which comes through fine. Don't mind that as it is in character. I don't like that among the choices given for replying the player may have to use similar language. Certain words I do not use. Not that my language is completely free of non-no words but I do draw a line.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Well I think that the thick accent was a deliberate choice and I love the fact that he keeps mixing words up (great comic relief and something Shakespeare used in many of his plays).

That being said it's probably the sort of character that you either like (in which case the language may be part of the appeal) or that you leave alone altogether.

The dialogue options are not necessarily very elaborate and at times I'm not very happy with the choices we are offered (either you're making snide remarks or you're fawning over Niner). The focus is on humour and I would say it succeeds rather well.

It's better not to take this mod too seriously. If it irks you that much you should try another mod.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Very Happy I think I over looked something in the description. I have been doing his quests and now I am stuck. The next step is to take a room at the Dino motel in Novac. Had done that previously and the mod doesn't recognize that. Niner should be picked up early which is actually nice since there is no vanilla companion at the beginning of the game.

His chatter does add a bit and can be turned off or toned down. His language doesn't bother me as it fits his character it is the player dialogue I don't care for. Smile It does not fit my well educated, intelligent good matured but a bit superior female.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 am

He is not the most educated guy around and it's not entirely his fault either. Wink

He may not be the best pick for a first run although his quests are refreshing when you know the entire area between Goodsprings and Novac like the back of your hand.

I think we are meant to get him as soon as the Courier leaves Goodsprings (which makes sense).

I like the easy go lucky nature and the humour: I loved his comment on why the Courier shouldn't take the short route North to Vegas.

Spoiler:
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 592209

I haven't had much time to play lately, I've been too busy trying to come up with another concept for a cyborg character who will look really good if I can make it work like I want to. Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 965125
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 am

I think I would like that mod. Perhaps I will name my next character Raoul Duke. Wear some sunglasses and an NCR pith helmet, and use lots of chems. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:42 am

Niner should be picked up right after leaving Goodsprings. I may drop him for this game and then use himn in the next go through.

I am thinking of doing a heavy hitter, good at repairs. An archanist maybe. I am feeling restarter syndrome kicking in. Actually I keep doing different things differently so I am covering the base game. Since Niner makes comments about the surroundings I think it would be fun to hear what he thinks of the different place I have been.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 am

Kana wrote:
I think I would like that mod. Perhaps I will name my next character Raoul Duke. Wear some sunglasses and an NCR pith helmet, and use lots of chems. Smile

Priceless. Fear and Loathing in New Vegas. I love this idea. Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 835223

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Since Niner makes comments about the surroundings I think it would be fun to hear what he thinks of the different place I have been.

It's nice to contrast this with your own experience of the game.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 am

Here are my current active mods in load order. I think.
Niner.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
FalloutNV.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
ClassicPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
lexx-dm-no-dialog-tags-English.esp
lexx-owb-no-dialog-tags-english.esp
lexx-no-dialog-tags-English.esp
lexx-hh-no-dialog-tags-english.esp
Easy Hacking.esp
You take a sip from your trusty Vault 13 canteen.esp
NoBlurOnHit.esp
Coffee stuff.esp
A suite at the Novac.esp
Canteen.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
PortableCampsite.esp
lexx-lr-no-dialog-tags-english.esp
CompanionEdits.esp
WSK_WeightlessAmmo.esp
ndcLegionAssassinAdjuster (1).esp

Total active plugins: 27
Total plugins: 35
I am going to restart once again. A slightly different character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Srarted FalloutNV
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Atomic Pistoleros-
Jump to: