Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Srarted FalloutNV

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm

thanks, Kana, I may install the Sunny one. I did wish I could recruit her. She seems a logical choice to me. If I recall correctly don't you have to do a bunch of quests to get Willow? Plus, right now I don't need a bunch of banter just someone to help with those blasted scorpians.

I am playing on easy and the still slaughter me what are they like on hard?

The other thing I am having a hard time with is those pop-up messages in the upper left corner. I see them out of the corner of my eye and by the time I get to it it is gone. Is there a way to either recall them or to slow them down? Or just get rid of them? Do I really need to know what my current objective is or that I have lost three toes, my left arm and am dying from rad poisoning?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:08 pm

On a second playthrough I'd suggest using the Increased Wasteland Spawns mod just to get more action. Adding a mod that lowers XP gain is a good idea (I've uploaded one myself).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Willow joins you right away, but most of her features (like the companion wheel) don't become available until after you've done some of her quests. The quests are short and generally are situated along the path of the main quest, although they are a bit silly at times.

Honestly, I found Willow's personality a bit grating. She's kind of a Fallout Saerileth to me. Okay, maybe not quite as bad as Saerileth, but she's a bit overly clingy and doesn't really feel like she belongs in the game. Her faction neutrality is the best thing about her, and there are other companions mods to choose from. I'm thinking I might use this companion mod the next time I do a Legion playthrough. I also see there's a new mod on the nexus which makes Ulysses from Lonesome Road a companion, which would be awesome if it's well made. He was originally planned to be a companion in the vanilla game.

Try using dynamite against the radscorpions. You've probably got a nice supply of it from killing powder gangers. Use VATS to throw it if you have trouble hitting them, because even with low percentages, enemies still will take splash damage. Even if my character has low explosives, I nearly always make use of dynamite early in the game.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 am

Thanks, Kana, I do have a good supply of dynamite and I keep forgetting about it. I think before I start out to try and rescue the Nippon (?) people I will install the Sunny mod and sell off some of the ammo I am not using. So far the best all round weapon I have appears to be the Service Riffle.

One of the things I like about this game so far are the little unexpected encounters. Met up with some woman claiming some guy attacked her. We say goodbye and part company only to have her attack me. Seems she is the attacker.

So far none of that boring random "bandit" attacks that Oblivion and Skyrim over did. Obsidian did a better job it seems to me.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 am

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
try and rescue the Nippon (?) people

*Nipton Laughing

Also, when it comes to the little random encounters, Skyrim actually did a better job than New Vegas, in my opinion. Didn't see as many little random events and such with New Vegas.

They did reference Monty Python at least twice that I know of, however. Gotta love Wild Wasteland.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 am

Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 908882 Nipton.

I got very bored with the random events in both Oblivion and Skyrim but it is early days yet for me in New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:34 am

I installed the Sunny Smiles mod and have her as a companion now.
Now I have another question. Is there a mod manager for Fallout NV? Something simple? I will not use Boss. Right now I don't really need one but when I do my 2nd play I probably will. The NEXUs mod manager I gave up on because for some reason all I get is an error message when I did try to download it.

I have met up with Legion and find them very interesting. Nasty but but intriguing. I love moral ambiguity. That is much more realistic than black and white morality.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 pm

You're in for a treat then as moral ambiguity is the best thing in FNV.

I'm using a mod manager I got from the Nexus a long time ago:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36901

It's no longer supported but it's working fine.

Quote :
Didn't see as many little random events and such with New Vegas.

Because... there aren't any. Laughing

You'll need mods if you want random encounters or more spawns. Bear in mind that Obsidian didn't have enough time to work on the game so a few things were not implemented (Fallout 3 had semi random encounters).

That's why mods are very important to keep some interest when replaying the game.

Random encounters have nothing random in the game but they will play out differently depending on your actions.

Quote :
One of the things I like about this game so far are the little unexpected encounters. Met up with some woman claiming some guy attacked her. We say goodbye and part company only to have her attack me. Seems she is the attacker.

The Jacklyn and Tomas situation can be solved in different ways (I've experienced four different endings for this encounter alone). Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 pm

As for random encounters I am happy they got left out. I got so bored with them in Oblivion and Skyrim. Especially as they weren't really random. "Oh, this is the spot coming up where I meet three badits demanding my gold. Oh, around the next bend I will meet with a bear, wolf, or troll depending on the particular bend." Yech!
I did see the different speech choices. Very Happy Good to know a different choice in the next play through will make things different.

I don't mind the monster spawns in FNV because they make sense to me but in Skyrim walking along or riding fully armed with a companion fully armed and a dog and being attacked by one lowly poorly equipped scavenger is just plain stupid. Scavengers don't attack they take what ever is left from others kills.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 5:48 pm

For better immersion you should consider this mod: No Dialogue Tags. It makes things much more interesting especially considering it's your first run. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 908882
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 pm

On the subject of companions, Willow is a great mod, and so is the Sunny Smiles companion mod, but I still love the vanilla companions. Veronica Santangelo is my favourite video game character of all time. Try as I might, I can never bear to replace her as my companion for long. Laughing

Speaking of New Vegas, I've been meaning to uninstall and reinstall and then reinstall all my mods. I accidentally ended up loading up the wrong thing in the wrong place and my game is all wonky now. bounce
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 am

Oh dear, Dragon, that is too bad. Best of luck in getting it sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 pm

You'll probably have to start over, usually it's the little things that one overlooks that end up messing games up.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:34 pm

While, I guess I won't be joining the Legion this play through. I am vilified. Very Happy

Goodsprings idolizes my character
NCR is neutral
Poweder Gang Shunned
Legion vilified.

Life is good. Sunny and Cheyenne make great companions if a bit quiet. Now have fairly good armour and weapons. Most skills are at fifty or better.
What I need are ingredients to make things. FNV is a good crafting game but carrying around a bunch of stuff is difficult.

I need a place of my own where I can store stuff safetly and have work benches.

I did install the "See yourself sleep" that Nowena recommended you can skip the see yourself sleep but you do get a cardboard bed, some random encounters and a teddy bear. The mod is working fine.

Added No dialog tags. Still have those annoying pop-up messages surely someone else must have disliked them. Not sure what to search for to limit the number of choices.

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Update on the "See your self sleep" mod. I am doing the Chaos in Zion quest and the extended sleep mod does not behave/ You get stuck in see yourself sleep mode and the sleep mode doesn't work. It may be due to my load order. However since the see yourself sleep part doesn't interest me and all I want is the cardboard bed which you keep and can use for just seeping I am happy. If I find any-other related glitches I will uninstall it.

Otherwise the gme is marvelously stable. I have had not one single crash or freeze up except for the above mentioned. This game is a joy to play.

I thought I had read reports of the game being buggy but I guess the bugs were fixed in the patches by Obsidian unlike Beth and Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:55 am

Count your blessings. The game is buggy but it got better it's true. In my experience DLCs are more stable.

Also the more mods you add the less stable it gets. There is a mod that I love which I've unchecked from my load order to avoid freezes. My system must have found it a bit taxing because I've noticed an improvement ever since I've disabled it.

With mods the temptation is always to take things a little further but sometimes keeping it simple helps making the game more enjoyable and playable.

I really love the Immersive HUD mod. You can enjoy the game without the hud getting in the way and hitting the "i" key on your keyboard will bring everything back if you wish to.

Quote :
Still have those annoying pop-up messages surely someone else must have disliked them. Not sure what to search for to limit the number of choices.

What do you mean by pop-up messages? Karma notifications?
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 am

Smile There is so much to do in the game and with the DLCs that I don't need a lot of mods. Mainly I am just looking right now for mods that enhance the game play and immersive quality of the game.I'll get the HUD if it does not need an extended script. The script itself is fine but I found with Oblivion that mods requiring it can be tricky at times.

The pop-up messages you get in the upper left hand corner. My left eye periphale vision is good and they are distracting. Don't stay long enough for me to read though. The latest one I think is telling me to go to vault 13 for the union quest. Why? Should I have done that one early?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 am

No Vault 13 in FNV. This is most likely a quest update that lists current objectives which you can access in your quest log.

Give the Immersive Hud a try, it works really well.

I've uploaded an Immersive Sneaking mod that removes the caption while sneaking so you don't know for sure whether you are hidden or detected. There is also an optional esp that removes the "empty" caption in front of containers so you have to open a container to find whether it is empty or not.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:26 am

Thanks Cara, I may have to go back to a prior and I mean prior save. Some how I or Sunny either killed an essential character or killed a friendly tribe and I am now supposed to do Chaos in Zion. I finally checked a walkthrough, a simple quest that isn't working. I also gather it seems to break Honest Hearts. Maybe I am just tired and not understanding something.

I got a canteen at the start of the game labeled from vault 13. I may just go back to a prior save to starting the Honest Hearts DLC and stick to vanilla things for a while. In my wanderings I ran across the start to the Honest hearts so started doing it. I may need to put Sunny on passive rather than aggressive. Smile

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:36 am

It sounds like maybe you killed Follows-Chalk. This is a rather common occurrence. He appears at the start of the DLC after the first battle with the White Legs, and a lot of players kill him before he gets a chance to initiate dialogue. Because he's not essential, it can break the DLC questline.

They probably should have designed some way to pick up the quest off of a note on his corpse or something, but as it is now, be careful who you shoot at the start of the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:40 am

Thanks Kana. See my above post. Will go back and do the quest later. Well, things were going so smoothly something had to break.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 am

You can't kill essential NPCs, what happened is that your character killed an NPC who is essential to the story. As a result you are taking a shortcut through the DLC... It didn't break, it's not a bug, it's just that the main story can't go on when one of the main characters of the DLCs has been killed.

The option is either to go back to an earlier save or to play along and leave Zion...

If you don't mind replaying through the DLC reloading is a good option. If you want to leave Zion for another character and another playthrough then you can complete Chaos in Zion to go back to New Vegas.

It helps being careful when firing those guns Nakia. Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 303421

That's a reason why I'm not too fond of followers; sometimes they can cause more trouble than they're worth. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 am

Yeah, it's a good thing you have a save to roll back to. I always create lots of hard saves, especially just before starting a DLC.

I actually like the fact that you can kill anyone in New Vegas. It's good that Obsidian allows the player to decide who is essential and who isn't. The problem with Follows-Chalk is that he pops his head up over a hill right in the middle of a firefight, in which the player is being attacked by tribals who look more or less just like him.

It is one thing to allow players to choose to kill a plot-essential NPC, but you don't want to create a situation which makes it likely for them to accidentally kill one.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 am

I think Kana may have the right idea here. If it's the case then it's not too bad (you've just started the DLC).

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
I got a canteen at the start of the game labeled from vault 13. I may just go back to a prior save to starting the Honest Hearts DLC and stick to vanilla things for a while. In my wanderings I ran across the start to the Honest hearts so started doing it. I may need to put Sunny on passive rather than aggressive. Smile

This is a message telling you that your character is drinking from the canteen. You can get rid of the message with this mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Srarted FalloutNV   Srarted FalloutNV - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Srarted FalloutNV
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Atomic Pistoleros-
Jump to: