Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fashionably late?

Go down 
+7
Lndf117
Triactus
Sue77
Kana
Nakia the Rogue
RYUchan
simfamSP
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Unfortunately, Nakia caught me at a bad time, and since steam's log likes to ninja appear at times, I couldn't reply, since that day it wanted to play the role of the adverb given to it. So my sincere apologise to Nakia :-)

Now, where do I begin? Well... those from the guild will recognise me, so hi to those guys and girls! It's good to be around here once again.

To those who don't...well I'm simple:

Flawed, Gibraltarian and nerdy. That's me. I love RPGs and I'm always drawn to the inevitable "what is the natur-" I mean, what does an RPG constitute" arguments. I'm also a fitness freak, which is a rare combination really, but I don't tend to talk about it a lot, and I'm freinds with that Russian bear-tamer of a man, Ryu, who shares my love for all things Planescape: Torment.

My passions involve narrative design and creative writing (which go hand-in-hand I guess) though I suppose my grammar needs a good polish.

And did I mention I love Planescape? Oh yes- Good!

Now, if there are any questions, I'll be glad to answer. If my timing is as bad as it is now, they should be answered somewhere in-between 2017 and 2021. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/simfamSP?feature=mhum#p/c/D00A751812
RYUchan
Visitor
RYUchan

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Yo man, good to see you here, I've got a questiong how it is I'm not surpised that you are on this board Laughing
Back to top Go down
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm

RYUchan wrote:
Yo man, good to see you here, I've got a questiong how it is I'm not surpised that you are on this board Laughing

'tis your Russian foresight of course. It comes with all those years fist-fighting bears for fish ;-) :p
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Fashionably late? 991621 back, amigo. Good to see you. I was just thinking of you. Truly. You gave me a link to a better movie maker than the Windows one but I seem to have lost it and wonder if you still have it. If so please post it here and I will book mark it.

How you doing? What games are you playing now?
Back to top Go down
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Dishonoured and Morrowind atm :-) along with a replay of Planescape: Torment, some Daggerfall and Amnesia! Though I hardly play Amnesia... too scary rofl.

As for that stuff better than movie maker? It was Sony Vegas.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegassoftware

But it ain't free, sadly :-/
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Not cheap either but Movie Studio 11 is affordable and sounds just about my speed. Do you have any experience with it?

Second question: Are you interested in any voice acting? I am recruiting for a Wormhole project that looks as if it could use a lot of voice actors. Nice people, not control freaks. Mr. K is helping them out too.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Welcome back, Sim. Long time, no see.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Welcome Sim, good to see you here.

cat
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello and welcome SimfamSP!

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Not cheap either but Movie Studio 11 is affordable and sounds just about my speed. Do you have any experience with it?

My father uses Pinacle Studio and is quite please with it. He doesn't have any video editing experience and uses it for the family video camera. It's a 100$ or so on Amazon.

The editing software I like best is Final Cut (I've worked with Final Cut Pro 5, 6 and 7 many many times). But it's really pricy!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 pm

What I want is something where I can add special effects. Something fairly simple and easy to use but has more to it than Windows live movie maker. Takes me forever to get even some very simple basic effects in. Nothing pricey that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Quote :
Welcome back, Sim. Long time, no see.

Indeed :-)

Quote :
Second question: Are you interested in any voice acting? I am recruiting for a Wormhole project that looks as if it could use a lot of voice actors. Nice people, not control freaks. Mr. K is helping them out too.

I'm afraid it would be for naught. My voice isn't very 'suitable' for voice acting, plus, if I ever do talk to myself it's when I'm alone. Unfortunately that's not very often so I would be the most unreliable VA in the forums xD

But if you're interested, send me a few lines via email or PM and I'll get them done if I can. You can use the files as you wish :-)

Quote :
Welcome Sim, good to see you here.

Likewise Very Happy

Quote :
What I want is something where I can add special effects. Something fairly simple and easy to use but has more to it than Windows live movie maker. Takes me forever to get even some very simple basic effects in. Nothing pricey that is for sure.

By special effects, what do you mean? Like transitions and so on? Slow motion and flashy transitions is about all you could get. For *special* effects you'd need something like After-Effects of Abode, and they cost at least 1000 dollars :O

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Unless your voice has changed drastically you have a very nice speaking voice. However quiet is necessary to do the lines. Ihave a VA challenge up in the VA Ranch practice area which no one has taken me up on. I am trying to get normal every day accents. Nothing esoteric or fancy just the way people normally speak.

For the videos since I am such a newbie right now I am looking for transitions, something where I can cut and paste without going bonkers. Forget the really fancy stuff. I can't afford it. I have my eye on that Studio 11. If it does a bit more than Win live MM it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:19 am

Hello Simfam.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 am

simfamSP wrote:
By special effects, what do you mean? Like transitions and so on? Slow motion and flashy transitions is about all you could get. For *special* effects you'd need something like After-Effects of Abode, and they cost at least 1000 dollars :O

I was going to say the same thing. After Effects is used by both amateurs and professionals, only it does cost a lot of money. As I worked only professionally in the field, I don't really know of any cheap alternatives. If you're only looking for transitions and the like, I would suggest trying out trial versions of softwares like Vegas and Pinnacle and see which offers the best effects.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 am

I have downloaded the trial version of Vegas Movie Studio 11 and will play around with it. Thanks, guys, your help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 am

Hi Simfam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Over here it is considered good form to be 15 minutes late when attending social gatherings. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello Silvery and Carabas :-) thank you for the warm welcome. It's also good to know that I'm in good terms with Carabas :p

And Slivery? Your signature is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 pm

That's because I AM awesome...and fabulous, cute, funny, tall, a good liar...
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm

simfamSP wrote:
Hello Silvery and Carabas :-) thank you for the warm welcome. It's also good to know that I'm in good terms with Carabas :p

Why wouldn't we be on good terms?
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Carabas wrote:
simfamSP wrote:

Why wouldn't we be on good terms?

'twas a joke :-) you said it's cool to be fifteen minutes late hehe ;-)
Back to top Go down
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Silvery wrote:
That's because I AM awesome...and fabulous, cute, funny, tall, a good liar...

Good liar? We should practise ;-)
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm always practising! Bought myself some long-legged jeans the other day and stuffed the extra material into my boots.
Back to top Go down
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Silvery wrote:
I'm always practising! Bought myself some long-legged jeans the other day and stuffed the extra material into my boots.

hehehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Hmmm....this makes more sense if you know I'm 5ft feck all I suppose lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fashionably late? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashionably late?   Fashionably late? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fashionably late?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Front Desk :: Saloon Guest Book-
Jump to: