Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Inquisition

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Inquisition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Risen 3 does that too. Wink

Inquisition has its moments. I just wish it could grab my attention a little more.

Well, I'll have to get back into the game once I'm done with Risen 3 (I'm loving it).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Forget what I said before : I am now a lean, mean, dragon fighting machine. Last night, I took down my 7th dragon (out of 10). I learned the secret to fighting tough, boss like enemies is barriers and guard. That's basically it. Since there's no healing (grrrrr), you have to compensate with defensive spells or abilities. And another big factor is my character's Knight-Enchanter's specialty. Instead of his 80-100 damage staff attacks, his spirit sword does 400-500 damage (the attack is also faster than the staff attack). Makes a huge difference. And since my armor is fade-touched silverite powered, I gain guard on hit. Makes me a hell of a tank.

My party is level 21, and the last dragon I fought was also level 21. I was having a hard time. When I finally killed it, I had no more healing potions and two of my characters were dead... Laughing The next dragon is level 23. I don't know if I should wait or try it out... I usually have Cassandra, Blackwall and Solas with me, but on the last fight, Varric was replacing Solas because I needed a rogue to unlock a door and had forgotten to change the party members. I can expect Solas to have a better impact on the next dragon, so I might give it a go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:34 am

Triactus wrote:
One thing I can note : this is the first RPG sequel (and I use the term loosely) I have ever played where you meet your character(s) from a previous game. Usually, the sequel either has you playing the same character or a different time setting altogether. It's a really weird moment when you meet your previous character and you're not controlling him... Laughing Props for Inquisition for that moment.

The default party from Wasteland appears in Wasteland 2 in one form or another.

I had some fun with Hawke in Inquisition.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 7:20 am

What strikes me from all the discussion and comments here is that Inquisition isn't a bad game. It actually sounds as if it's good because; you have to think outside of the usual RPG character building box to succeed.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Great one Kana!! Inquisition - Page 4 914529

Quote :
What strikes me from all the discussion and comments here is that Inquisition isn't a bad game. It actually sounds as if it's good because; you have to think outside of the usual RPG character building box to succeed.

It's not a bad game but it's not as good as it could have been and I really don't think you have to think outside the box at all.

The game is a streamlined experience and more of an action RPG than a real tactical game (which is what they told us it would be).

As long as you keep your expectations in check you should be fine. As far as I am concerned though the game could have been more fun and I'm enjoying other games a lot more (and that includes games like Bound by Flame or Risen 3).
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:03 am

I'm giving Inquisition another try. I really want to like the game and I know it can be fun, I just need not to get distracted by other games. I think I'll try and keep my game going if only once or twice a week so I can progress and eventually get my money's worth out of this game.

I've tried a few characters before settling for a human mage (I don't really like the way non human and female characters move in this game).

Spoiler:

I don't like the way hair look either so I decided to go for a bald protagonist. I tried to give him some sort of Yul Brynner likeness which may not be obvious but seems to suit him nicely IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 am

60 hours over more than a year, that's the amount of time it has taken me to eventually get a character that works for me and that I may take through the whole game (keeping my fingers crossed).

I think part of my problem is simply how awkward some of the models look (I don't care for the anime look of some weapons) and how bizarre some of the animations work out (females have a really weird way of walking around in this game). It's a bit ironic considering that I gave up on DA2 because of the lack of non human characters that I would play a human in DAI but I guess that can't really be helped.

The other big issue is the absence of any involved character building in this game (and no, picking skills like in Diablo 3 is not what character builds should be like). I miss not being able to be creative with my character's stats. In DAO I was able to get a high strength Rogue build that worked surprisingly well (a lot better than the ordinary cunning or dexterity builds actually).

Lastly the fact that the game plays like Diablo 3 or Sacred 3 is not something that makes me look favourably on it. Playing as a Warrior or a dual wielding Rogue felt cumbersome so I had to pick a Mage or an Archer. The Mage's silly dance really got on my nerves after a few hours, at least with the Archer I can pretend I'm playing a third person action hack and slash brawler and leave it at that.

I have a love hate relationship with this game when it comes to art direction. Some of it is absolutely spectacular but there are many things I can't stand.

At this point I'm trying to overcome the single player MMO feel of the game (ironically it has never bothered me as much in Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning or Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen) and I'm mostly playing for the characters (couldn't wait to get rid of the starting NPCs since they are the ones I dislike) and the Dragon Age lore and story.

The hair may look a bit off (seriously why couldn't they get some decent looking hair in this game?) but my Green Arrow lookalike is managing to soldier on one quest at a time. Laughing

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 am

"My name is Oliver Travelyan. I have returned with only one goal: To save the world. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else, something else. I had to become... The Inquisitor!"

Yeah, the story is really the main thing this game has going for it, and even then, without spoilers, it ends up feeling more like a set-up for a much more interesting story. It is just unfortunate that story segments are spread out between long sessions of boring grinding. Now, that's a real single-player MMO experience, for you.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 7:39 am

I went for the comics version of Green Arrow, not the campy TV show. Wink

Spoiler:

There is simply too much padding in that game and when you stop to consider that the size of the areas doesn't mean much except that you end up wasting too much time running around it all feels rather pointless...

DAO was definitely the better game with the exception of the Witch Hunt DLC (DAO was really bad when it came to pushing DLC but that last one was awful considering it didn't manage any loose ends).

Have you played Trespasser the endgame DLC? I've read that it supposedly brings the story to its end. I'll probably get there in time. I doubt I'll ever replay DAI but after sticking through all those things I dislike about the game I really want to get the most out of the story.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 9:13 am

Yes, I've played all the DLC now. Trespasser doesn't really resolve what happens at the very end of the main campaign (I don't want to say too much to avoid spoilers, as the ending of Inquisition is the best part), though it does answer some questions. It does serve to conclude the story of the Inquisitor as protagonist, whilst paving the way for a new player character in the future.

If you only play one of the DLCs, you should probably play that one, though I suspect some new lore dropped in Descent will come into play in the future, as well. Jaws of Hakkon was the least interesting one for me. It gives you a whole new map to explore and more shards to collect... like the game really needed more of that! It also requires a high level character, and by the time you get there, you will not want to run around another huge map killing trash mobs.

It is interesting to compare this game to Dragon's Dogma. In that game, I barely care about the story. The combat is fun in its own right. In Inquisition, the combat is a chore you have to sit through to get to the story. Bioware really needs to get its act together.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:35 am

They're complete opposite. DAI is all about the story with really poor combat and I've come to terms with playing it as a pure hack and slash brawler whereas DDDA has some terrific combat but likes to pretend the story is an afterthought. What I mean is that with DDDA you actually have to look for story elements and I do believe that doing so is highly rewarding whereas DAI makes you work before rewarding you with some story bits.

It's incredible how much effort I've put into playing DAI. I think part of the reason why I'm sticking through all that is the fact that I paid full price for that game and I intend to get my money's worth no matter what. I will think twice before buying another Dragon Age game full price though that's for sure.

The last time I tried so hard to like a game was when I was stuck playing Mass Effect and it didn't click with me. To this day I can't really tell why I disliked Mass Effect so much. I enjoyed the setting but the actual game felt like a chore.

At least DAI has its moments especially considering I only have a vague idea of what to expect (the first playthrough is always the best for that very reason). At least my Green Arrow lookalike who insists that he is not the Herald of Andraste and keeps trying to save lives and do the right thing no matter what the consequences may be is not at odds with the story. I can't possibly imagine playing this game with an evil character. It seems all the more evil dialogue options are all about acting like a bully. DAO had its moments for evil protagonists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Inquisition - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inquisition
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Grey Rangers-
Jump to: