Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Murdered: Soul Suspect Empty
PostSubject: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:43 am

Murdered: Soul Suspect starts off with a terrible pun but what it offers is a very atmospheric game.

Appearances can be deceiving and I assume that the low score and bad reviews come from the fact that the game is quite different from other games out there. It could look like a supernatural detective story à la LA Noire set in Salem but it doesn't focus on the same elements. In a way it's more focused and doesn't feature third person shooting like LA Noire (which is a relief). It's also much more forgiving when it comes to solving "cases" and that's probably what most people see as the game's main fault.

Murdered is a game in which story matters the most and it's definitely not a game for the impatient. Looking for clues means going through beautiful environments and having the patience to explore every nooks and crannies. In some ways it's part point and click adventure and hidden object game. But it's not just that. It has some really nice gameplay complementing the supernatural aspects. Since you're playing a ghost you will be able to use interesting abilities to move around, interact and gather information.

The atmosphere is excellent and the game is simply gorgeous. It's rather linear so replaying would only mean picking up clues you may have missed in your first run so whether or not this will warrant a second run will be up to you but this is the sort of game that has more appeal the first time through when it's still filled with mystery.

I won't spoil it for you. In any case that's definitely worth a look if you're yearning for something different and enjoy adventure games. It's not a true detective story but it's still a great experience.

Last but not least, it's currently on sale on Steam (80% off).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 9:08 am

Sounded so interesting I just purchased it also the price was right $5.99 USD. About the only thing that can beat that is free.

It certainly sounds like a game I would love and I need something to tide me over until March 26. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 9:38 am

You may finish it well before March so my advice would be to take your time. Wink

Have a great game Nakia! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:23 am

Laughing I will take my time but at least it something to do for part of the time. It is downloaded and I am almost ready to take a first look.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:29 am

Nice! Let me know what you think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:45 pm

I am moving slowly but think I am getting the hang of the game. Right now I am trying to help a ghost find her body. I like it partly because it is so different from what we usually play.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:19 am

Which is exactly why I like this game. It's story focused and great to relax without the need for violence and all that nonsense.

I hope your eyesight do not make it too difficult to find clues. I find it can be a bit tricky at times and you really need to be patient to find them.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:03 pm

It is a bit tricky but since this is a one time play game I don't mind just wandering around and even going back over areas. Also I am used to having a problem seeing things. Since all the dialogue is voiced I don't have to struggle with reading text which is a plus.

Thanks for finding this game.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm glad it's not too much of a problem. Smile

Looking for clues can be tricky even with a perfectly good sight. This part really takes some patience but it's not a problem if you approach the game with the right mindset and enjoy the scenery and the background.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect   Murdered: Soul Suspect I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murdered: Soul Suspect
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: