Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

FNV - For The Enclave

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

FNV - For The Enclave Empty
PostSubject: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 6:24 am

I usually stick to vanilla versions but playing the Enclave in NV just sounds too good to pass.

I downloaded the mod, dumped both .esp and .esm files in my FNV data directory, and that is where the clusterfuck begins. The encounters trigger correctly, as do the locations, but whenever I get inside the Enclave bunker... the power armor toting troopers work well, as do the officers, but some of those are nothing but heads, hands and feet. 

I have large red triangles with exclamation marks pretty much everywhere, and some textures are either missing or completely screwed up. I can't gain access to level 2B to meet the general, and actually only stumbled upon him by sheer luck as he wandered through level 2A.

None of the custom soundsets work either.

If it's of any importance, I have the Ultimate edition with OWB, Lonesome Road, Honest Hearts and Dead Money. I am not using any mods other than this one so I doubt it's a compatibility issue.

So... what gives?

Last edited by Skorponok on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 9:02 am

It's exactly what you've diagnosed, you're missing some meshes and textures (and possibly sound files).

I'm not familiar with this mod but are you sure you've downloaded all the assets. The esp and esm won't work alone, you need to put the meshes, textures and sounds from the mod into your data directory so the game will be able to read them (the esp only points towards the assets, if they're missing it will put these exclamation marks instead).

Alternatively some mods come with BSA archives that contain the assets and need to be put in the data folder.

Which mod are you using, can you provide a link?

EDIT: never mind, I've had a look at the Nexus

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39531/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D39531&pUp=1

Did you paste all the folders within the rar file in your data folder?
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 11:44 pm

The ZIP I downloaded contained the .esm and .esb, along with a few loose textures but nothing else. I'll triple check after work but unless I am missing files included with a prior version?
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 am

Nope -- I tried other versions and the contents of the ZIP are all the same, .esp, .esm, random textures.

Do I have to use a mod manager or something?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 5:25 am

No. I downloaded the first zip in the download page and it came with the esm, esp and three folders (textures, meshes and sounds). I used the manual download and the zip was more than 100 MB.

Are you a registered user on the Nexus? You need to be in order to download larger files.

It looks like you've downloaded an update and not the main file.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 7:10 am

Yeah, tried to activate my account but not working so I guess I'll do it again. I didn't do the manual download, though, and I checked and my ZIP is considerably smaller than yours was so that explains a lot and this should fix everything.

Shame I can't get Hellfire Armor in NV, though. It is my favorite incarnation of the Black Devil power armor. Remnants armor is fugly and the T51 is even worst.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 7:26 am

Activation may take a little time when the site is under a lot of traffic. They keep updating it but I expect that with Fallout 4 on the horizon there may be more pressure on the Nexus.

It would be very easy to port the hellfire armour to FNV. All you would need is the Geck (download it from the tool area in Steam) and I could even walk you through it (it's not that hard and I could even do it for you provided you're not in a hurry).

These games get much better with mods you know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 8:16 am

So you're saying I can pretty much crossover any item I like from F3? Interesting. 

Yeah, sounds good, right now I am going to go crash and burn, but I'll get the Geck sometime tomorrow, and I'll take you up on showing me how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 8:53 am

I was having a slow morning so it's already done. Wink

I'm sending you an email (it's small enough check the subject of the message if it ends up in your spam folder). You will find the armour in Victor's shack in Goodsprings (I didn't change the world model so don't be surprised but it will look fine once you put it on your character).

Bethesda doesn't want people to port stuff between their games so it's a big no no to upload anything like this on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 1:04 pm

I still can't play FNV, it crashes on startup. Sad I started talking to a friend of a friend who's a computer whiz. He said he might be able to look at it, but as I have DAI that's holding up all of my remaining hard drive space, I will wait until I finish it before trying to install FNV yet again.

What are the cool FNV mods? Is the Enclave mod worth it?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I haven't played it myself but there are so many good mods for FNV that it would take ages to go through them all. I will be able to help you out though since I've been using mods for quite a while (I have learned a few things about the editor and even contributed some little tweaks along the way).

Hopefully you'll get things sorted out. FNV is a really cool game and I doubt Fallout 4 will be in the same league (prettier and less buggy probably but I'm afraid that Bethesda can't come up with a good story to save their lives).
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Enjoying that sweet Hellfire Armor right now, cheers, bro!

If you've got some time to kill pray tell me how to import other resources from F3, I'm currently making a list of F3 stuff I'd like to bring over to NV. 

Now I'll head to the Silver Rush and get the Cleansing Flame to complete the Hellfire Trooper apparati!
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 5:36 am

Aww yeah

FNV - For The Enclave Screen10
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 10:01 am

Looking good. Smile

I'd suggest having a look at the Nexus first, there are many mods that may give you what you want.

Here is a picture of my current character:

Spoiler:

As far as using the GECK it's actually pretty simple, you load up the Fallout esm (untick the other esm unless you want to have some needless dependency except of course if you intend to modify items from the DLC) save as an esp that you name yourself (you don't want to save directly) and then you're ready to edit and modify objects and NPCs, even create new ones and put them in the game.

There are many nice video tutorials that will show you what to do like this one:

You should have no problem getting started it's actually pretty intuitive once you get how things are sorted (I find the GECK a lot easier to work with than the Skyrim editor but they are very similar).

It only took me a few minutes to add the Hellfire armour to FNV, it's really basic once you know what to do.

I'm pretty confident you should get the hang of it in no time and I will be here to help you out if you have specific questions or run into an issue. After years of messing around with the Geck with both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas I should be able to help with most common issues.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Right, I'll have a look at it this weekend, I already downloaded and installed the Geck. 

Back to the mod, though -- I like it so far. Without spoiling too much, basically the remnants have splintered into various factions, and the first part of the mod is about an Enclave civil war. The splintered faction are the "true" Enclave in a way, the mod itself describes them as "hardline".

Some of the quest have bugs, and I had to use console commands to progress through a part where you have a set counter of Elitists to kill, but for some reason they don't respawn after the initial batch, so resurrect galore, and I ended up with 9 Elitist Tesla Armors and like 16 Elitist Enclave armor. 

Some of the quests have an eerie ambiance and genuinely kept me on my toes. 

Sound doesn't work, but as long as I can play everything properly I couldn't give a toss about voice acting. 

In short, I like this mod, so far. It promises a completely different ending so we'll see. I did BoS to get Power Armor and just for shit and giggles I joined them, just to see if it will end up clashing with being part of the Enclave as well.

BTW the T45 wearing in front of me is Raul. Never recruited the dude before and never known of his existence until I accidentally discovered him in Black Mountain.

Last edited by Skorponok on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Right, I'll have a look at it this weekend, I already downloaded and installed the Geck. 

Back to the mod, though -- I like it so far. Without spoiling too much, basically the remnants have splintered into various factions, and the first part of the mod is about an Enclave civil war. The splintered faction are the "true" Enclave in a way, the mod itself describes them as "hardline".

Some of the quest have bugs, and I had to use console commands to progress through a part where you have a set counter of Elitists to kill, but for some reason they don't respawn after the initial batch, so resurrect galore, and I ended up with 9 Elitist Tesla Armors and like 16 Elitist Enclave armor. 

Some of the quests have an eerie ambiance and genuinely kept me on my toes. 

Sound doesn't work, but as long as I can play everything properly I couldn't give a toss about voice acting. 

In short, I like this mod, so far. It promises a completely different ending so we'll see. I did BoS to get Power Armor and just for shit and giggles I joined them, just to see if it will end up clashing with being part of the Enclave as well.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 5:24 am

I finished the storyline of the mod. 

I stick by my first thoughts -- this is a good mod, and I like it. The civil war is the main focus, but the mod also has some very nice touches like interaction with several of the New Vegas factions. Not spoiling anything, but I definitively liked this, as it makes sense the Enclave arriving in the Mojave would turn heads. 

I haven't played through the main quest yet in this perticular run so I am not sure yet of how the ending of NV will be affected by the mod. 

As you gain rep with the Enclave, just like with the BoS, they will supply you with a consistent stash of energy weapon ammo, so between the two factions I have WAY more than enough to feed the YCS/186, Tesla Cannon and Sprtl-Wood. You also eventually get a MKII armor, but really, compared to the shit ton of Tesla Armors I picked up from the fallen Elite, didn't really need it. 

Overall, it is a fun mod, and worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FNV - For The Enclave   FNV - For The Enclave I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FNV - For The Enclave
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Atomic Pistoleros-
Jump to: