Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Where has the time gone?

Go down 
+3
Blood Red Eagle
Carabas
Triactus
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Where has the time gone? Empty
PostSubject: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:36 am

Five years today we stopped our wagons near a waterhole with a little shade and decided to build up this place.

There were only three of us but we had ambition and thankfully we were soon joined by more and if you're reading this then you're part of this story.

Throughout the years some have left the place and others have returned but the saloon remained, anchored at the same spot where it all started on that very day five years ago.

At times people who were moving along the tracks could have mistaken the place for a ghost town with hardly anyone but a few loners sharing stories over the spittoon but all it would take was a meeting of chance for us to gather around the fire and tell tales of our grand adventures with nothing but the moon and the stars shining over us.

Five years is a milestone that we should celebrate with pride.

When we started this project Nakia had a vision for a place that we could call our own, a haven far from the tyranny of power crazed internet villains who thought they could control us and dictate what we could say or what we could do.

We came up with our own rules and our own guidelines and the most important one is that we care about each other.

Belle Sakura Saloon is not just another forum, throughout the years we've become an internet family and we have to thank Nakia for making this happen and bringing us all together here.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you my friends for being so awesome and making this place what it is now by sticking around through thick and thin because a forum is nothing without its regulars.

The Saloon has always been about maintaining an open community in the hope that with time the people who made a stop here would become more than a bunch of strangers from all around the world and in that respect it's been a resounding success.

The wheels of time may keep on turning but as long as this little haven endures we will always have a place to call our home.

Where has the time gone? 991621
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:16 pm

I know exactly what you mean about an internet family Cara. I'm both grateful and very happy to have been part of the timeline of BSS.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Thanks Sue, this place wouldn't be the same without you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 11:53 pm

Has it really been five bloody years already???

/checks dates

Bloody hell, it has! I should get a sodding medal for putting up with you bunch of twats for that long! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

But more seriously, it feels like not that long ago, when we finally deserted this G-rated wasteland. Having been chosen to be one of the founding pillars of this place, to have been here since the start (well, almost) -- it is a feeling like no other.

Yeah, maybe at times the place was quiet, but I'd rather have a smaller bunch of actually decent people than be surrounded by a bunch of moronic sycophant tools lining up to suck the lizardling's dick.

You know what, I wanted to keep it under wrap, but fuck it, this is a special occasion, so what the hell, here is a small fragment of the dialogue with said lizardling from the BSS RPG. What can I say, I like ripping on those arsewipes because we are better than them!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:16 am

Definitely not safe for work but I can't wait to see the whole dialogue. You have a way of making things interesting as always Skorp. Razz
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:26 am

Of course it's NSFW! What the bloody hell did you expect! Laughing

There's still a long way before that work is good enough to be shown more extensively. Maybe it will be ready for BSS' 10th anniversary... assuming I can get out of this dry patch of inspiration!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 9:58 am

Time to get your creative juices flowing then! Where has the time gone? 58451
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 am

As a writer yourself you should know it doesn't pop up on demand Cool

Can't rush or force good work
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 7:05 am

There are things that will help you achieve the right frame of mind (and I don't necessarily mean fog). The tricky bit is finding what works for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 2:37 pm

Awww, it's nice to be a part of this place. Even though we are from different places and different times (timezones Wink ), I really feel like I know you guys and have the privilege to call you friends. If you guys are ever in my corner of the universe, don't be shy and come on over to say hello! Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 7:23 am

Same here my friend. If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods just holler and we'll have a dram to celebrate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 8:06 am

Took me one second to understand you weren't talking about RAM, good thing I know my Scot slang Laughing

Christina has suggested we go on a Soda Emporium raid this upcoming summer mostly to stock up on delicious Leninade, so if all goes well so I might find myself in your corner of the world, you silly bastard. Not that I really want to see you but I suppose we could accidentally bump into each other somewhere Laughing

Doubt I'll be in Europe anytime soon although I have a crapton of people it would be nice to see. Although Europe is bloody awesome, once I'm done with the architecture degree, it will be Australia for me.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Happy Birthday to us!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 am

Cheers! Where has the time gone? 486661
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 4:02 pm

I got so involved with my eyes I forgot all about this. cheers to us.

Personal note: I am having a cataract operation on the left eye on Monday, dec 21. No big deal as the surgery is pretty routine by now.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:36 pm

My mother had it done for both eyes. It's not a big deal but it really helps with eyesight. Smile
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Skorponok wrote:
Christina has suggested we go on a Soda Emporium raid this upcoming summer mostly to stock up on delicious Leninade, so if all goes well so I might find myself in your corner of the world, you silly bastard. Not that I really want to see you but I suppose we could accidentally bump into each other somewhere Laughing

Hahaha, I like you too, Skorp.. Razz   But you have to admit that if we meet, as we are the ying and the yang, it might mean the end of the universe, like when the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper meet in Ghostbusters.  Where has the time gone? 738318

If you do pass here, I'll take you to a soviet themed bar nearby!  It's more of soviet art than soviet political history (there's no Lenin or Stalin pictures), but there's definitely a russian vibe. Very Happy

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Personal note:  I am having a cataract operation on the left eye on Monday, dec 21.  No big deal as the surgery is pretty routine by now.

Yeah, my mom had an operation like that too. It's not too bad, but you need to rest, y'hear? In the meantime, I'm sending you a lot of positive vibes to help you along the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:51 pm

Thanks, guys, much appreciated.

Tri, how much rest do I need? It is my eye, I am not having back surgery. I promise I won't left weights, run miles or even do push ups. Very Happy But I will be back onn the Internet as fast as I can.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:52 am

To Cara with love. Your opening post is wonderful. Thank you so much. We are family. We come from different backgrounds yet we share a lot. You are all in my heart and you keep sane and young. I really do believe it is because of you that I am still able to reason, to think, to learn. Without you I would just be an old woman passing time in limbo until those final days. With you I look forward to tomorrow and to the next new game, to the next new experience.
Where has the time gone? 626442 Where has the time gone? 476432
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:20 am

Quote :
Hahaha, I like you too, Skorp... But you have to admit that if we meet, as we are the ying and the yang, it might mean the end of the universe, like when the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper meet in Ghostbusters.  

If you do pass here, I'll take you to a soviet themed bar nearby!  It's more of soviet art than soviet political history (there's no Lenin or Stalin pictures), but there's definitely a russian vibe.

I think you missed the memo saying I hate both booze and bars Laughing The only exception would be something like La Cage Aux Sports but I somehow highly doubt you squareheads have that over there! Failing that, a middle ground could be a good restaurant -- both Christina and myself enjoy good food.

And nah, meeting Rune or Sil, now THAT would trigger the apocalypse. I suspect meeting you would be like two conflicting energies clashing, like two nemesis having a showdown Laughing

Best of luck for your operation, Nak. I have genuine respect for you and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Alright, enough of all the sappy bollocks now Razz
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:51 am

Nah.... I like the sappy bollocks Very Happy

I hope all goes well on Monday Nakia and will be holding your hand in my head that day.  Considering this should give you a level of sight back, or at least improve your quality of sight, I'm quite excited for you.  

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Thanks for the kind words Nakia. Smile

My mother told me the difference was huge so I think this is going to help quite a bit especially with computer stuff.

As far as resting it's not a big deal sure but it's still surgery so you may want to take it easy for a few days so no heavy lifting like Tri said!

I asked my mother and she told me she recovered within a day so you should not have to take too much time off. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks, Cara. The central part of the left eye is permanently damaged by the Macular Degeneration but I did have good peripheral vision and that is what I am hoping to get back. Unfortunately the staff at the doctor's office makes me nervous. They have a high opinion of themselves but don't seem to communicate with each other. Among other things they say they didn't get the EKG that was faxed to them early in the month. It was refaxed to them and I hope they got it and included it with my file. The Surgeon seems fine but they kept asking me who recommended the cataract be removed. Actually I was the one who said I wanted it removed but I ended up just telling them a name. The ophthalmologist did recommend the one in the right eye be removed now rather than wait so I just gave his name. I also take a low dosage high blood pressure medicine to protect my kidneys but I do not and have never had high blood pressure but because the medicine is listed the clerks kept trying to say I had high blood pressure even though Mark and I both said no. My reaction is these people think in a box and can't be bothered to look out side. If you get the feeling I do not like the staff you are correct. They are about as warm and friendly as an ice cube. The surgeon seems good though and that is what counts. His name is Athwall and I think he may be Egyptian for what ever that is worth.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 4:10 pm

That sucks. My mother was really nervous when she had the first eye done but she was lucky as everyone was really nice and friendly. It may not seem much but good people tend to make those things much easier. Still, in the end it's the surgeon that matters. It's not a risky procedure and they tend to do these all the time.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 4:39 pm

Skorponok wrote:
I think you missed the memo saying I hate both booze and bars Laughing The only exception would be something like La Cage Aux Sports but I somehow highly doubt you squareheads have that over there! Failing that, a middle ground could be a good restaurant -- both Christina and myself enjoy good food.

And nah, meeting Rune or Sil, now THAT would trigger the apocalypse. I suspect meeting you would be like two conflicting energies clashing, like two nemesis having a showdown Laughing

No, I remember you hate booze, but I thought you would make an exception for a soviet themed one. Smile We do have a Cage (used to have two), but if you're looking for burger, I know just the place. Their burger menus is two pages long... Very Happy I haven't gone a lot in the last couple of years, but before, I was probably partner in the company, with the money I was spending there... Laughing

Okay, so just a showdown. At the other end of an empty street. With a straw ball blowing on the road. Or a gust of snow. Where has the time gone? 112620
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where has the time gone?   Where has the time gone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where has the time gone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next