Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Greetings from Kana

Go down 
+2
Nakia the Rogue
Kana
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Greetings from Kana Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 am

Although I've been signed up here for a while, I figured I should post an introduction.

I was born in Nagaoka, Niigata, Japan, grew up in Southern California, and currently live near Seattle. I play computer RPGs mostly, and the occasional game from another genre. My first RPG was Morrowind, which I became completely engrossed in for a long time. I then moved on to other games like Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Planescape: Torment. The games I am most looking forward to this coming year are Dragon Age 2, The Witcher 2, and Mass Effect 3.

Inspired by the BGII mod for Dragon Age, I am currently playing through the BG saga with the BGT mod. I was going to try playing through with the canon party, but I just find Khalid too irritating, especially as party leader. I don't mind comic relief in a game, but having a character quote Porky Pig when I issue a command is taking it too far.

I am a dancer and listen primarily to dance music, especially progressive house, but I listen to lots of other styles, from old school Funk to Opera. My favorite band at the moment is Ratatat.

I like to read, especially speculative fiction and philosphy. I am currently reading Ringworld by Larry Niven and The View From Nowhere by Thomas Nagel.

I look forward to participating here a bit. I like to talk about games, but a lot of the big game sites tend to be overflowing with trolls and other angry people, so I find sites like this a lot more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:38 am

Oh goody I get to use this sign Greetings from Kana 991621 Isn't Khalid awful? If I want Jaheira I manage to get him killed off.

Yes, the larger sites can be hard to take. Too many arrogant know-it-alls. Ask a simple question and get told to go to Wiki for a walkthrough on some. Who wants a walkthrough? Its my game I just want a nudge in the right direction or help with strategy. Smaller sites are more friendly and people really enjoy helping or just chatting about the game. Course we are really small and need to pick up some more members but hopefully time will help us out.

as to the redux both jez and I got small supporting VO roles in Module 2. We are both very happy and proud of that. Very Happy I hope you enjoy being here. I certainly enjoy having you here.

A dancer you say? Professional or just for fun? I love your avatar. It is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:55 am

Welcome. BSS is great, relax, laid-back and friendly, and most of all 100% pompeous A-holes free.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 am

I kicked Khalid out of my party using an exploit. I sent him alone into a house in Beregost, switched back to my party leader, then kicked him out of the party. Because he was still inside the house, he wasn't able to initialize the dialogue to leave with Jaheira, so I get to keep Jaheira as my main priest. At least that way, it will still make sense for him to be in Irenicus' dungeon. Smile

I am a professional dancer, though work is not easy to come by. I'm also a student.

My avatar reminds me of something else I forgot to mention... I love art. My avatar is from a poster by Steinlen, and Art Nouveau artist. My favorite artists are Alfons Mucha and Tamara de Lempicka. I plan to go to Prague sometime to see the Mucha museum.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:17 am

You are brilliant, Kana. I just killed him off which did cause a bit of a problem with him being in the dungeon.

jez loves art too so the two of you have something in common there.

ToN is right we did try to make this a laid back forum with no one being extra special. Unfortunately forums do need administrators and moderators but we hope to keep it simple. I spend a lot of my Internet time jumping from here to TEG to Dragon Captions, stopping off at Facebook and checking a couple of voice acting forums. This another nice thing about small forums you can do that. Maybe we could start an art thread. I come from a family of artists and writers. Can't draw myself, can't sing either. I think the stork brought the wrong baby to my mother. Smile
Did study a little dancing but never got serious about it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Welcome Kana. Greetings from Kana 422316

I recognize your avatar from the poster for "Le Chat Noir" (the 19th century poster for this cabaret in Paris). A very tasteful choice.

I would never make Khalid the group's leader as he tends to act as a coward when the chips are down. Anyhow my favourite way of getting rid of him is simply to have him run into some basilisks and promptly turned into a statue. The great thing is that I can pretend that my character went back to use a stone to flesh scroll on him after defeating Sarevok and before getting started with BG2.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Thank you for the welcomes, all. Smile

Letting Khalid getting turned to stone is probably the best way to do it without using an exploit. I hadn't thought of that.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 am

Or turn Jaheira to stone, kill Khalid, then unstone Jaheira. That could work, maybe? I lack CD1 for my BG2 so I can't check myself -- I can't start the game.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:24 am

ToN, I lack disk 2 of the original game but happened to have gotten GotY so I can play. I should send you Disk 1 then maybe you could play.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:26 am

Type O Negative wrote:
Or turn Jaheira to stone, kill Khalid, then unstone Jaheira. That could work, maybe? I lack CD1 for my BG2 so I can't check myself -- I can't start the game.

I wanted to leave Khalid alive to keep it consistent in the transition to Shadows of Amn, and hiding under a bed in Beregost seems fairly consistent with his character, anyway. I was very tempted, though, the first time I heard him say "Ch-ch-chia!" to run him headlong into danger and let him get killed.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 pm

hello there and welcome! i just adore the avatar. I hope you have fun here!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi Kana and welcome and I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:06 am

Thank you, Jezdamayel and Portpower. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:19 am

Quote :
I wanted to leave Khalid alive to keep it consistent in the transition to Shadows of Amn, and hiding under a bed in Beregost seems fairly consistent with his character, anyway. I was very tempted, though, the first time I heard him say "Ch-ch-chia!" to run him headlong into danger and let him get killed.

Ah yes, the story assumed one took this bunch of worthless SOBs instead of say, Xzar, Monty, Viccy, Eldoth (this guy's arrogance always cracks me up).

Sending him to play in a forest filled with basilisks is one of my favorite and fun things to do in BG. It's just so much fun watching him get stoned, then I unstone him (cheats:FirstAid() FTW!), then he gets stoned again, rince and repeat. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Khalid might be a yellow-bellied annoying bastard, but when compared to, say, Saerileth, he's nothing but a gnat before the underage holier-than-thou self-righteous chosen of the weakling Tyr paladin! Right, Cara?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Right. Twisted Evil

There is nothing better than being nasty to a bunch of do gooders. I love using the belt that changes gender on Jaheira... Just to give Khalid some reasons to worry. Greetings from Kana 187909
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:26 pm

The baddies usually do end up being more entertaining. Dynaheir got killed in my game and I decided I didn't like her enough to pay to have her resurrected, so I picked up Edwin in stead. My character is true neutral, so it makes sense to have a balanced party. Not only is he a great mage, but he's just so hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Yeah, but I personally prefer Xzar and his insane lunatic rants. That always cracks me up.

Quote :
There is nothing better than being nasty to a bunch of do gooders. I love using the belt that changes gender on Jaheira... Just to give Khalid some reasons to worry.

BWHAHAHA! Damn, now I really have to dig up the missing CD1 and give that a shot, all that talk about being nasty to do-gooders... as long as SAERILETH is not ported to BG1...
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 pm

You know I've always thought that the best party for a smart evil doer would be a party made of goody two shoes or neutral pansies and only a few evil guys (Tiax is too fun not to have around).

After all it's a lot more fun to trick and exploit a bunch of would be heroes and make them your accomplices rather than dealing with untrusty types like Monty, Eldoth or Shar Teel.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Guilt by association is so much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Cara, there's nothing as satisfying as playing an evil party, terrorize peasents, blackmail merchants, invade and loot homes, that kind of good stuff. Those evil chars won't crap on you when rep gets too low and leave you on your own to fight those damn guards. Slaughter those dogs, no big deal.

However, I agree that IRL, subtle, scheming and manipulative evil is the best. Different kinds of evil for different situations.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 pm

To jump ahead, my best, most fun game ever was an evil character in BG II/ToBI had a mod installed that differentiated between rep and virtue. Rep was what the masses saw, virtue was what your companions saw. When I picked up Sarevok inTo The loved me like the brother I was. Thought I had a lot of potential.

I did play the subtle, manipulative, conniving type most of the time. I was free to do what I wanted. I could do something good if I wanted or do something strictly for the reward and bash some one if they annoyed me. Unfortunately BG does reward for being good but it was still worth it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:16 pm

You can still keep characters like Minsc and Jaheira if your rep goes down to 5 or so. Psychotic evil doesn't interest me as much as manipulative evil. Dragon Age Origins had some possibilities for an evil character surprisingly.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 pm

I know some people who do like to play the psychotic killer type. Doesn't appeal to me I too like the more subtle type of person. We are all self0centered whether we admit or not. It doesn't make us evil just normal. Laughing The more balanced character appeals to me, one who can do good but can also think of himself and his companions and what they need or want. One that can say "Sure I'll be happy to do that for you but what do I get out of it?"
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 am

Yes, BG1 doesn't support evil characters very much. Of course, it's easy to lower your rep again by killing a few guards.

This is one of the reasons I don't like it when games have morality meters like KotOR or Fallout 2/3. I like to decide for myself whether my character is genuinely being good or nice, or just being nice to manipulate people into doing what he/she wants them to do, even to their long-term detriment. Bad people can often be quite charming.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:22 am

Evil characters don't necessarily see themselves as being evil. Wink

By the way I disagree with a few things Kana, IMO BG1 offers many opportunities for an evil character (you can have a lot of fun playing a really bad guy in BG1 -being so nasty is a reward in itself). Fallout 1 and 2 do as well (siding with the supermutants, enlisting Myron's help, becoming a contractor for the Bishop family or even a slaver). Fallout 3 on the other hand utterly fails as far as evil characters are concerned (you can play a psycho who spends his/her time working for the good guys... disgusting).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kana   Greetings from Kana I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Kana
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Front Desk :: Saloon Guest Book-
Jump to: