Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Wranglers' hints and helps. So you want to be Voice Actor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor Empty
PostSubject: Wranglers' hints and helps. So you want to be Voice Actor   Wranglers' hints and helps.  So you want to be Voice Actor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:06 am

So you are thinking about being a Voice Actor. You love the sound of your own voice and think it is great. Maybe you are one of those who hate the sound of your voice and can't imagine anyone liking it but the desire still keeps nagging at you. You have come to the right place which every you are.

The first thing you need is a voice, any kind of voice. Second is a mic, a camcorder mic is not good for VAing. Most of us are on budgets and can't afford any of that fancy professional stuff, don't need either for the projects we will be working with.

Naturally you need a computer and an audio editor. Audacity is good but thee are others. Audacity can be downloaded starting here: Audacity Download Site You will also need a plug-in called LAME in order to make MP3 files.

It is also a good idea to have headphones. Speakers make a sound you may not notice but your mic will. If your mic is any good it will pick up all sorts of noises. So make sure there is no machinery running near it or any electronic equipment to interfere with it.

Your audio editor is installed, your equipment is plugged in. Now you need something to record which can be anything you wish. Keep it short. You record. Press stop and then play. What was that? That horrible screeching noise? You sound like you are in a tunnel. The volume almost blasted yours ears off. You could barely hear a word you said.

There are adjustments which need to be made. The Windows sound program, if you have an Audio Manager that needs to be adjusted. Audacity needs to be adjusted. If you have a pre-amp that needs to be adjusted. Thought this was easy did you? Prehaps for a few souls it is but for most of us it isn't. It takes time and effort but in the end is rewarding and a lot of fun todo. I started Baldur's Gate/SoA six times before I finally got a good game going. Worth while things take time and patience.
Back to top Go down

Wranglers' hints and helps. So you want to be Voice Actor
Page 1 of 1