Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Stardew Valley

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Stardew Valley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 6:07 am

Have either of you modded the game? I just installed SVE.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 8:22 am

I decided a time back to play without mods as tried installing SMAPI (around 2/3 years back) and just couldn't get it to work properly. Having installed mods on other games without any issue, I got fed up.

Since the last major update the game is pretty darn bid without any extra content, but some of the cosmetic changes - like the appearance of cows etc., available in mods looked good.

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 9:29 pm

Use the former Nexus Mod Manager who is now Vortex and download mods as you would from Nexus. Then install them in Vortex. Then run StarfewModdingAPI from your Steam/GOG folder.

Stardew Expanded is really nice actually. Convinced me to start anew.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 7:19 pm

It's telling me I need a load of other mods installed first. Rolling Eyes

I can't see a way to directly download them without what's requested.

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 9:06 pm

It is a pain in the ass and it does require like 12 other bloody mods but it's really worth it for all the added content
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 12:58 am

So, coffee is a really nice money maker

Hunt down the wagon that sells rare stuff and buy the coffee bean for 2500 gold. Plant it, when ready, harvest, for four more beans. Rince and repeat, spread out, plant and harvest as many beans as you can. You have both Spring and Summer to harvest coffee beans.

Then, when comes fall you should be close to farming 8 and crafting kegs. Make kegs, and start brewing. Coffee is worth 150g a pop.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 8:17 am

Drinking coffee, especially expresso, in the mines is a bonus too. Smile

cat

Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 am

Woohoo! managed to make well over a million in a re-run of the first year. 8 x 24 fields of purple value winter seeds helped.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2022 11:24 am

Congrats, you've finally made it! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 12:50 am

I don't think I can top a million but I made a shitload of cash with the coffee trick. Plus there's the greenhouse that can keep growing it year round so la cafeina is a great money maker. I am turning my sights to cheesemaking now, and maybe even booze crafting.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 7:53 am

Have you tried making jam and pickle? That's a real money maker too, especially with ancient fruits.

Btw, you can grow trees around the edge of your greenhouse. This way they fruit all year round.

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 3:34 pm

I usually make wine with ancient fruits and age them to Iridium. Haven't really dabbled with jellies though, I'll have a look. Wasn't aware about trees in the greenhouse, though, good stuff. My greenhouse is la cafeina headquarters and while coffee output has gone down it's still a steady stream of cash. It takes 2 hours to brew so depending on how many kegs you have it's a steady stream of money.

I passed the million mark too. Last week before the end of year 1 winter.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2022 8:20 am

Woohoo! Congratulations!

It's a fun thing to try and there's so many ways of earning decent G in this game.

Wine is the best thing to age. I tend to grow 48 - 72 x Ancient fruits and 16 x coffee beans in my greenhouse, but I make expresso at the cooker and use it to run/gallop everywhere.

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 2:07 am

Holy shit you were right about pickles and jam. I spent the entire winter just making them along with cheese and wine, and at the end of the season the haul was worth over 825K gold... Those iridium cheeses and wine are worth a bloody fortune and all the ancient fruit stuff also... Been saving them to make seeds, and now I got well over a hundred growing. Been saving all my vegetables and fruits from the harvests also, only selling what I needed to afford seeds.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 11:05 am

I haven't done the actual maths, but taking aside ageing wine in the barrels (which takes an entire season), it takes 10 days to produce wine, 3 days to produce Jam or Pickle.

You can produce 3 jars in the time it takes to make 1 bottle. this is why I focus on J&P.

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

It helped I have two cellars (the base one and another one and three sheds with a bunch of preserves jar and kegs, and I farmed the shit out of the ancient fruits early as possible so I had a stash by that time which I used. Summer is just around the corner so I am going to do a starfruit marathon.

I grew fond of using Hyper Speedgro for my Ancient fruits and will do the same for Starfruits. That 33% really makes a difference. I also got two extra greenhouses, the one on the farm and another one (added with Stardew expanded, like the cellar) and a small plot at the entrance of town so plenty of growing real estate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stardew Valley
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: